ACB 01-Feb-17
SBH 01-Feb-17
Mark Watkins 01-Feb-17
10-Jan-17

Guardian Hunter's embedded Photo
Luke and I. Happy and Tired.
I was hunting Colorado for the second time and had a great hunt with Bull Basin Outfitters. My son Luke was with me on the hunt making it awesome. 155 pound Tom. He was all snarls when we reached him. Boy will that make your hair stand up. Have a good winter.

10-Jan-17

I was hunting Colorado for the second time and had a great hunt with Bull Basin Outfitters. My son Luke was with me on the hunt making it awesome. 155 pound Tom. He was all snarls when we reached him. Boy will that make your hair stand up. Have a good winter.

10-Jan-17

10-Jan-17

Here is the cool photo as well.

10-Jan-17
Huge cat, congrats

10-Jan-17
Very nice! Congratulations!!

10-Jan-17
Nice, a special hunt for sure.

10-Jan-17
Great cat! How long did you hunt for him? Was that the only cat treed on your hunt?

10-Jan-17
Congrats on a great hunt!

11-Jan-17
Damn nice!

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

11-Jan-17
Gary that is awesome congrats!!!!!!

11-Jan-17
Awesome... Ed F

11-Jan-17
Big cat!! Congrats

11-Jan-17
Great cat congrats!

11-Jan-17
I hunted him for three days. We cut 5 tracks total. Most were females and females with kittens. This was on the very early morning of day three. Thank you all for your words. Regards, Gary,. Guardian Hunting

11-Jan-17
Nice! Congrats

11-Jan-17
great- glad to see a few lions killed, they make a great trophy and safe a few Rut bruised and battered bulls for us hunters!

11-Jan-17
The hounds man and guide thanked me for saving 52 mule deer. They say the lion's kill one each week on average. That is a real predator!

11-Jan-17
Congrats!! I've been on the trail for 9 days so far with no treed cat yet...Where did you get that cap, very cool! Kip

11-Jan-17
Awesome - congrats. Man, when you see a lion being held up like that, it makes you wonder how the heck people ever confuse them with bobcats or house cats - but it happens all the time (at least here in the North East). What a huge cat!

11-Jan-17
Congratulations... good one!

11-Jan-17
Congrats. Very cool

11-Jan-17
Congrats on a great lion.

11-Jan-17
Kip,. Bull Basin gave the hats to us when we arrived. Love free stuff. Gary

11-Jan-17
Wow.

That cat has at least #15 on me. That's a BAD ol' putty-tat!

11-Jan-17
He was hissing and was very jumpy. What a sight. If you haven't gone for cats you should consider it. It not only amps you up but really makes your goosebumps jump through your camo. If Dean, the outfitter or Chad the hounds man are following the thread,. Thank you all so much. Gary

11-Jan-17
Congratulations!

31-Jan-17

BIGHORN's embedded Photo
BIGHORN's embedded Photo
This was my first lion hunt and I really enjoyed it. I waited at my son's house in Meeker for a week before I got the call that there was a fresh track found. Actually, there were two sets of tracks, a large male and a large female. They got the hounds on the male's tracks but somewhere along the way they both got together and the hounds switched over to the female cat's tracks. They followed the tracks north about a mile and took a turn to the east for about another 1/4 mile. Then, the cat turned and headed back our way for about a 1/4 mile until the dogs treed her. The walk in seemed to me like it took forever because I will be 72 in May and the snow was about 1 1/2 feet deep. From the way the cat was sitting in the tree it was impossible to determine it's sex. Frankly, I didn't care because it was a large cat and this "old man" didn't want to walk out with nothing and wait for another chance at a later date. The hounds men that work for QRS Outdoor Specialties in Meeker, CO were outstanding! What a nice bunch of guys. They made sure that I was OK walking in and on my walk out. Their Walker dogs were fantastic. I couldn't be happier. If I were younger I would be doing this every year. Now I have to decide on the position for a full body wall mount.

31-Jan-17

MathewsMan's embedded Photo
MathewsMan's embedded Photo
The hunt was in the Piceance Basin where CPW is going to attempt to eliminate the lions and bears for the deer study. Huge female, skull should easily exceed P&Y, she was a 150# lion.

31-Jan-17
That is a cool pic. Way to go. Now I am going with my son again in hopes of him taking one too. That should be more fun. Blessings to all. Gary

31-Jan-17
Congrats on a great looking tom!

31-Jan-17
Congrats to you both!

01-Feb-17
I hunted the piceance basin back in the 80's glade to here someone is doing a predator study on game populations. Maybe if they get some science they will start controlling the predators again . They are the problem

01-Feb-17
Very cool. Congrats!

01-Feb-17
Congrats guys!!!

Mark

• Sitka Gear