jmail20 18-Jan-17
jmail20 21-Jan-17
Ibow 21-Jan-17
Ermine 24-Jan-17
Manager 24-Jan-17
Rob Nye 24-Jan-17
spike buck 24-Jan-17
15-Jan-17
Where is the best place in Canada to find color phase bears and enjoy great fishing?

15-Jan-17
Western Ontario west to the eastern side of Rockies.

15-Jan-17
Manitoba...give Josh at Outland Outfitting a call. They kill a lot of colored bears and have good fishing. Bowsite sponsor as well.

15-Jan-17
Mikes outfitting Alberta !!! Hands down!

15-Jan-17

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Northern Saskatchewan

15-Jan-17
Damn Rob great looking Bear!!!!!

15-Jan-17
Look at Western Colorado as well. Big big bears and lots of color. I walked through an area that had a ton of sign and big bears were making marks in trees that rivaled Canada. Either way go and have fun. Gary

15-Jan-17
I was nearly hand feeding this guy for several days before hunters showed up. Remote fearless bears are great fun.

15-Jan-17

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
This one had zero fear I took many photos of him 20 feet away.

15-Jan-17
Rob, I am looking for a bear hunt with good fishing or a moose hunt with good fishing. Can you pm me with pricing?

15-Jan-17

Bear Track's Link
We get 20-30% color phase in our bears. Not many chocolate but more cinnamon and blonde are seen and taken.

16-Jan-17

Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo
Mike the Carpenter's embedded Photo
Western Manitoba

16-Jan-17
Desjardin outfitters Laurier MB

16-Jan-17
Ditto what Grape said above. I've never seen so many color phase bears.

16-Jan-17

Windwalker's embedded Photo
Windwalker's embedded Photo
In 2014 I took this bear in NW Sk. final score 20 1/16 The fishing was also great!!!

16-Jan-17
The guy in the first picture is named Tom i think Ive seen him on tv shows ..chocolate is next on my list

16-Jan-17
Lots in parts of MB. I would venture to say you can't hunt bears in MB without good fishing within 30 minutes drive, so chances are you are going to be close to good fishing!

17-Jan-17
They are where you find them, but 5 hunts in MB and I never saw one. Other guys seem to attract them like fleas.

17-Jan-17
Can't say I've ever hunted Saskatchewan but I've worked and hunted with outfitters across western Manitoba as well as Alberta. If you want a color phase, the odds are in your favor in the westerly portions of Manitoba. Guaranteed? No. But as mentioned above, I've never seen as many color phase as I did with Desjardins last fall.

17-Jan-17
I like really black bears.

18-Jan-17
I agree with TSI.

I've spent extensive time in Western Canada since the 1980s and one thing I may add is that in some areas that have been hunted for many years, the average colour phase bear is usually smaller than the average standard black bear.

However, big bears are big for a reason and there are big colour phase bears living wherever there are colour phase bears.

18-Jan-17
The main reason why it tough to get a big color is the two year olds can be blonde in the spring and turn black in the fall, but there is some but they are tough to get.

18-Jan-17

jmail20's embedded Photo
jmail20's embedded Photo
This will be my 17th year hunting with Alexis Desjardins and his brother in law Allan Maccarthy. I don't think I have ever hunted a week and not seen at least a couple color phase bears. Big ones are hard to come by for sure but you have a good chance with Alexis. Just look at he pictures on his website. This is a big chocolate I was lucky enough to get.

21-Jan-17

jmail20's embedded Photo
jmail20's embedded Photo
This one is on his way back from the taxidermist

21-Jan-17
Joe, late last summer, early fall, you & Grape (Greg Miller) gave me some good advice - go hunt with Desjardins. You & Greg could not have been more right. Alexis is the real deal. Does Alexis have lots of colors? Yes. Guaranteed? No. But you'll never find a guy who will work harder for whatever it is you are looking for.And BTW, I've got a beautiful chocolate I'm waiting to come back from our taxidermist! 8~)

24-Jan-17
All the Bears I see in Colorado are color phase. It's very rare to see an actual black bear

24-Jan-17
Ermine is correct…… SW United States…… Colorado; UT; AZ; NM…. 85-90% of our Black Bears are NOT black

24-Jan-17

Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Rob Nye's embedded Photo
Dave Butler fro NJ checking out the choppers on a P&Y blonde.

24-Jan-17

spike buck's embedded Photo
Dave Putnam, Western ONTARIO 2016.
spike buck's embedded Photo
Dave Putnam, Western ONTARIO 2016.
Here is a Spring ONTARIO 2016 bear taken with bow.

Pine Acres.

• Sitka Gear