Paul@thefort 09-Feb-17
Paul@thefort 12-Feb-17
Paul@thefort 12-Feb-17
The last savage 13-Feb-17
Paul@thefort 13-Feb-17
17-Jan-17

Paul@thefort's embedded Photo
A good morning is the goose field this morning. I tried out the new Drifter Goose Decoys and mixed them in with my Big Foods. Results , EXCELLENT.

My best, Paul

17-Jan-17
Congratulations to Paul & Chase... good work!

17-Jan-17
You gave Chase a workout!

Congrats!..... I see a lot more goose jerky in your future...... =D

17-Jan-17
Wow Paul nice work! Is that a limit for your area? Great shoot and a great workout for Chase!

17-Jan-17
Wind Drifter!!!!!

What broadhead do you like ?

17-Jan-17

Charlie, I have been using the NAP Shock Wave 3 bld mech BH for all of my turkey and goose hunting. 44 turkeys and 40 geese to date, with that BH. $20 for three is a deal and can be reused with good results. Just purchased a 3 pack on sale at Wally World for $15.

The limited is 5 dark geese. I stayed until 11am and as I was leaving the field a flock of 12 came right over. Oh,well, next Thursday I will try again as how I have to clean and make some goose jerky. The movement from the Drifter Goose Decoys helped a lot. my best, Paul

17-Jan-17
K, thanks. Mechanicals make a lot of sense for birds.

17-Jan-17
Very cool! What does your blind setup look like? Love the idea of shooting geese with a bow.

17-Jan-17
Way to go, Paul! Best part about your style is you don't chomp into steel BBB, Ts, or Fs! You ever see any jewelry or collared birds floating around?

Good luck next week-- luke

17-Jan-17
Paul Congrats on the geese! Any concerns about the broadhead and your dog on the retrieves? I don't always get pass thru's on turks so I suppose it happens with big honkers too (??) Thx

17-Jan-17

Blind set up at the edge of the field. Blends in well enough. I place the decoys out to 15 yards. Most shots are under 20 but today, I killed one at 38 and 41 my two farthest shot to date. Thanks goodness for range finders and a single pin adjustable sight.

No "bling" found on any geese.

I make sure the arrow clears the goose before I send Chase.

17-Jan-17
Wow that is some bag, congrats!

17-Jan-17
Way to go Paul. Again!

17-Jan-17
Awesome again Paul! If I don't try that this fall I feel I'm missing out on some exciting hunting.

18-Jan-17
Good for you Paul

Good luck, Robb

18-Jan-17
Keep it up Paul, congrats.

19-Jan-17
Leave a few for me! Going out tomorrow, with a shotgun, as I have never shot a goose. One day my bow will be in hand and a goose in the other! Thx for sharing Paul.

19-Jan-17
Hey Rich, there are tons of them around, you just have to hunt where the geese want to go. Good luck. Paul

19-Jan-17
Congrats !

19-Jan-17
Congrats Paul.

19-Jan-17
That is impressive. Did not know folks hunted geese like this. Congrats sir!

19-Jan-17
Way to go Paul and Chase!!! What a year!

Paul, I'm familiar with Bigfoots, but not the Drifters.....are they on a stake, thus movement?

Mark

19-Jan-17
Mark, a two prong ground stake and attached bent wire allowing them to 360 circle/ rotate as the wind blows. Check out Wind Drifter Decoys web site. I killed another goose this morning and missed two. I only had 6 WD out with 3 Big Foots. They landed right in the decoys. The next time out, 12 WD decoys solo. PS, there is also a turkey decoy which is a MUST HAVE! Trying to catch it all on video. I f you look closely at the decoys in the picture you might be able to see the ground stake and attached wire. Paul

19-Jan-17
Why the turkey decoy Paul? Is it a "confidence" decoy?

19-Jan-17
NO NO no, I was only telling Mark that there were also WD turkey decoys available for turkey hunting. Sorry for the confusion.

19-Jan-17
Awesome Paul !

20-Jan-17
Yup, we limited out in 1.5 hours! Had fun and will do it again for sure.

We used bigfoots and silhouettes made by the guide. We were outside of Wellington.

20-Jan-17
Good deal Rich. Glad you had some action. Paul

02-Feb-17

UltimatePred's Link
Hey Paul,

Thanks for trying out our Wind Drifters! Shooting geese with your bow is and will always be one of my favorite customer stories. Also, thank you for submitting your footage. We have put together a little video of your adventure.

Bow Hunting for Geese over the Ultimate Predator Wind Drifter Decoys (Long) from Lance Hallum on Vimeo.

02-Feb-17
Great Video! Hammertime, Paul!

02-Feb-17
Paul is Da Man

02-Feb-17
Chase is my hero...... heheheheheh.....

03-Feb-17
That was great Paul! I think I was almost as excited as Chase! Great footage!

03-Feb-17
It would have been interesting if that arrow, on the pair of geese, would have killed both of them as they were lined up well.

03-Feb-17
Cool video!!!!

03-Feb-17
Wow, that's one of the better video's I've seen. Big congrats Paul on not only Killing the birds but capturing the shots on tape, that's tough to do.

Lance, awesome decoys you have there. They look like a winner.

03-Feb-17
Eric ,Thanks, that was my first attempt to use my camera as a video camera. Mounted it on a tripod inside of the Double Bull blind so it would be ready when needed. As you know, one needs to take lots of pictures to get a few goods ones. Lance did a good job of editing them. Fun hunt and maybe I need to video a few of my other hunts this year, like deer and elk. worth the try. my best, Paul

03-Feb-17
Paul, that would be great if you could film and put it all together. It would be worth the try. I will be looking forward to seeing them.

03-Feb-17
Paul, very good video. Great view of geese coming into decoys, not just video of them on the ground. I like the slow motion editing of the shot. The last one looks like a long shot - right on target. Looking for more in the future. Lots of whining by Chase, you must have edited out his real comments.......... Let us know when you have your own YouTube channel and TV show!

03-Feb-17
Jerry, that was a 41 yard shot. Thanks to a range finder and an adjustable singe pin bow sight. Yea, Chase does get excited when he hears them coming in.

my best, Paul

03-Feb-17
lol..."stay. shut up". That's a great video Paul.

I laugh because if I had a tail it'd be wagging like Chase' and I probably have to be told to stay and shut up too.

03-Feb-17
Now those birds are truly finishing! Lance, THAT is the video that sells the deeks! As always, thanks for sharing. Turn those yard-hoppers into jerky!

03-Feb-17
Love this thread...again!! Thanks for taking the time to share your goose archery adventures!!

03-Feb-17

Duke, did you say goose Jerky? my best, Paul

04-Feb-17
Wow, really neat slo-mo video!

05-Feb-17
JR, if one can say there is a "cool kill shot" video of a goose's reaction when hit with an arrow, that slo-mo video was the one showing it.

07-Feb-17
the goose hunt is over for the season and the video attached to this thread shows that goose hunting with the bow can be as exciting as other bow hunt. thanks for following as this was the 6th year. see you all in year seven. my best paul

07-Feb-17
Thanks Paul!!

09-Feb-17
I see you have switched from ducks and bunnies and a WHOLE lot of fun. Paul

12-Feb-17
Thanks, Have fun Pat on the snow goose hunt. No limit, can shoot 1/2 hr after sun set, can use an electronic call, no plug in the shot gun. They are smart geese for sure. I watched a snow goose hunt on the Outdoor channel this morning and they had nearly 1000 decoys out. my best, Paul

Where is your hunt located? Paul

12-Feb-17
The secret of killing them is no flock shooting. Pick one out at a time. good luck and show some pictures of your success. Paul

13-Feb-17
Fantastic Paul.. Just cool as hell..You my friend are the definition of a true Archer...Sounds like a blast..

13-Feb-17
Patrick, it is a blast and there seems to be a few wild game species that an archery can go after. My goose hunts surely fill that bill, especially after I have hunted the major species here in Colorado and adjacent states. If I remember, Maryland, where you live has a history of being a major goose capital of the east coast. The video above, was a new and fun experience. The challenge next year will be to shoot a goose with my recurve bow. my best, Paul

• Sitka Gear