trkyslr 03-Feb-17
Brotsky 03-Feb-17
KJC 03-Feb-17
Swampbuck 03-Feb-17
FM 03-Feb-17
Scooby-doo 04-Feb-17
wyobullshooter 04-Feb-17
30-Jan-17
Let me first say that it doesn't really matter how much they cost here, I'm still going to buy them! Just wondering how much you pay for a turkey tag in your state? I just dropped almost a $100 bill on an archery tag for my daughter, wife, and I for this season. That's one gobbler a piece for that cost, resident license. Is this high or low? We used to be around $10-$15 for a license which I think is probably more in line with other states? Thanks for satisfying my curiosity without having to look too hard! Ha!

30-Jan-17
In Rhode Island our Resident Hunting License for all species is $18 per year and Non-Resident is $45. You then buy individual tags for each specie. Turkey is $7.50 for Resident and $20.00 for NR.

30-Jan-17
Wow Charlie! That is extremely reasonable!

30-Jan-17
Alabama big game license only, good for deer & turkey (no tags required) - Resident $26.50 (annual); Non-resident $301.85 (annual), $186.50 (10 day), $131.65 (3 day); Gobblers only, one per day, five total for year

30-Jan-17
Nebraska just raised them to $30 per tag...

30-Jan-17
I hunt MO as a NR, I think it was $195 for two birds last year.

30-Jan-17
Missouri resident tag - $17. NR tag - $190. Season is 3 weeks and the tag is good for 2 birds. You can only kill 1 bird during the 1st week though.

--Mitch

30-Jan-17
Nebraska rates I see are right in line with South Dakota for resident and NR. $30 and $100 pretty much.

30-Jan-17
Does anyone know what a nr tennessee licence and turkey tags costs?

30-Jan-17
Tennessee Non-Resident Big Game (includes deer & turkey), no tags required, is $305 (annual) or $214.50 (7 day); one bearded bird per day, four bird limit for spring season

30-Jan-17
IL - $16 per spring turkey, max. of 3. Plus you have to purchase a license to hunt all species, with a few exceptions.

30-Jan-17
Thanks ghostbird. I was looking for clarification. Tennessee regs seem confusing to read.

30-Jan-17
Nothing. 15 years ago I bought a lifetime license in Indiana. It paid for itself in under 4 years. It covers all licenses, stamps, and tags. Further I own land, so all of the hunting my daughters do is covered under a land owner tag so long as their legal living address is the same as mine (they are 15 & 17 right now so we have a while to go yet).

I think in Indiana it is like $24 for the hunting license, $24 for the tag, and $6 for a bird stamp ... so in the $50 range. But again, I haven't bought a license in a long long time for here.

Out of state, I pay for whatever it takes though.

30-Jan-17
I edited my post for Tennessee to include, "no tags required".

30-Jan-17
$21 here in CO and $101 NR but I generally hunt another state and pay around $130 for a tag and required stamp.

30-Jan-17
IMO, all hunting and fishing licenses are too cheap. That includes residents and non residents. Compare the costs to missed time at work while hunting, equipment costs including cameras, binocs, calls, blinds, camo clothing, scents, ammo, guns, bows, crossbows ATV's, trailers, stands, back packs, carts, heaters, tents, bicycles, snowmobiles, dogs, travel, lodging, food plots, and all the other costs associated with hunting lands and hunting.

The actual license fees are the biggest bargain on the face of this earth!

30-Jan-17
Pennsylvania, $20.90 for a resident adult, gets buck tag, spring gobbler tag, and fall turkey tag. 2nd spring gobbler tag can be bought for $21.90. Non-residents pay $101.90 and $41.90.

30-Jan-17
Virginia has a 6 week long spring season where you can kill 3 toms. Cost is $46 ($23+$23) for a resident, and $197 ($111+$86) for a non-resident.

30-Jan-17
Amen Jodie! Tags are cheap!

Looks like my state is toward the top end of things but not out of line. I'm happy to pay it, especially since our game and fish dept is excellent about turning license dollars back into access programs and habitat improvement.

30-Jan-17
Resident licenses should be as low as possible. Lots of people have very little extra income and hunting should be easily accessible to anyone who wants to get involved. This site has many folks who are pretty serious about it and we spend thousands a year along with taking time off work and traveling to hunt. There are a ton of folks who only hunt on their day off, use old hand me down equipment, and 1/2 a tank of gas is a lot to them. A weekend hunt in-state with a couple kids might be out of reach for them some years. Our system in America works because they also get to be involved and can usually find some pretty great opportunities.

30-Jan-17
Vermont resident hunting license is $26 (includes rifle buck tag, bear tag, and small game).

Turkey tag is addition $23 and includes 2 spring tags and 1 fall tag.

30-Jan-17
Maine resident archery $26 license and a $20 tag get a deer and two toms in the spring and two either sex in the fall. NR pays $75 and $20.

30-Jan-17
Jethro, I was just going to mention PA. Out of state cost me just a little more than my in state OH. PA with the buck tag, spring turkey and fall turkey included is hard to beat! Only bad thing about PA is the no hunting on Sunday, that's when I'm in OH!

DJ

30-Jan-17
WV. $19 hunting/trapping or sportsman lic for $35 plus $10 BG stamp for turkey. Nr $132 $32 for tag

30-Jan-17
Iowa resident hunting license + habitat stamp is $30 and the turkey tags are $24.50 each with a max of of 2 tags. Landowners do not need to purchase a hunting license/habitat stamp if hunting on your own land, however, you do need to purchase tags. The landowner tags cost $1.00 for the first tag and $24.50 for the second tag. On the archery only tags, you can hunt all four seasons. If you are gun hunting, you can choose season 1,2 or 3 for your first tag and then hunt the 4th season on your second tag. The tags are season specific.

I have an Oklahoma Lifetime hunting/fishing license that I bought in 1984 when I lived there. That license includes all of my deer/turkey tags plus small game for the rest of my life. Although I no longer reside there, I am still considered a resident as far as hunting & fishing opportunities are concerned. That was the best $400 I think I've ever spent! An Oklahoma resident annual hunting license is $25 and the turkey tags are $10 each with a max of 3 tags. I believe you can shoot all 3 birds in the same day, but no more than 2 birds can be killed in any one county and I think there are some counties where no more than 1 bird can be killed.

30-Jan-17
NJ has 4 weekly hunts and a Saturday hunt period. $21 for each hunt period which is good for one bird. You can apply for tags in zones until they sell out. In my zone I can shoot a bird on opening day and then get another tag for $21. As long as u shoot birds u can buy multiple tags and spend a small fortune.

30-Jan-17
I have an IL LL which may come in handy as I'm contemplating a return to IN. But our turkey tags here are $15 for residents. In the past I did turkey hunts in Iowa, Kansas & Missouri, but no more. Not paying $200 for a bird. I only did those states previously since my travel expenses were covered by my job. IL is the same for NR's. Since then I found Wisconsin better than them, cheaper and closer. $65 + $15/tag for all I want. Plus in my work area so all expenses paid for. Hotel, auto, and even my per diem covers my tag fees. No brainer for my situation. In fact after a week I'm actually paid to hunt. :)

30-Jan-17
IA NR is $125 for hunting license and habitat plus $102 for a turkey tag, season specific which, for 1st season, would only be 4 days. What a bargain!

30-Jan-17
Nick.....that's cheaper than Canadian walleye fillets!

03-Feb-17
I'm still surprised anyone would pay $200+ for one stupid bird tag. Gotta be one of the worst hunting values going. But they find some folks every year. Just not me!

03-Feb-17
The only good Cali value is the junior turkey tags... cost is under $40 for junior license and turkeys comes included at no additional cost.. this is same for res and non res juniors.

03-Feb-17
Amen to that! Half Pint's two SD tags cost $50, she can hunt Cali for less than she can at home!

I will still say though that any tag cost is the best bargain out there. The memories you make filling them are priceless.

03-Feb-17
NJ you need your Archery license at $31.50 resident and $135.50 non-res than a zone specific turkey permit at $21.00 each.

03-Feb-17
Years back I bought a lifetime sportsman license. $1,000 for fresh and saltwater license ( snook and lobster permits ), hunting license ( WMA, archery, muzzleloader, gun, crossbow, deer, turkey, waterfowl permits ). Figure I'll save money in the long run cause I was spending $100+ a year on a gold sportsman, which gives you all those licenses and permits

03-Feb-17
Here in MN a resident tag is $28 but they are looking at raising all fees hunting and fishing.

04-Feb-17
In NY we pay right around $100 for a combo license that includes fishing, small game, 2 turkey tags and all our deer tags as well as archery and muzzleloader stamps as well and I believe it includes a bear tag as well. Scooby

04-Feb-17
$16

• Sitka Gear