Quinn @work 02-Feb-17
Bowfreak 02-Feb-17
Charlie Rehor 02-Feb-17
LKH 02-Feb-17
Nick Muche 02-Feb-17
Charlie Rehor 02-Feb-17
HUNT MAN 03-Feb-17
02-Feb-17
I'm no expert but it really depends on where the D-3 measurement falls, above or below the prong. If the D-3 falls below the prong you get a much higher scoring goat.

Put that in your measuring scenario above and you'll get more accurate guestimates.

02-Feb-17
Scoot,

I can't give you details as to what to look for on a good scoring goat but I can tell you that you will know it when you see it. I know that's what you really aren't asking but when you see a good buck, you will know it.

I'm pretty sure I know where you will be hunting and if it is dry you will see a bunch of bucks and you will know when to shoot.

Also...Don't overlook the coolness factor as being a reason to shoot. Antelope are so unique and some will just trip your trigger.

02-Feb-17

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Four lopes, two male book and two don't.
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Four lopes, two male book and two don't.
The d3 measurement on a P&Y antelope MUST be above the prong. B&C measured antelope can be below if warranted by Horn length.

I believe field judging antelope is very hard. I am no expert on field judging but have attached a picture of four Lopes I've shot. Two make P&Y book (67) and two don't. Care to guess which two make it?

02-Feb-17
not possible without profile view. Even then it would be nice to have an ear.

A big hint when judging mass is where does the front of the horn end in relation to the eye. If far fwd, greater mass.

02-Feb-17
2 & 4 make it. Nice lopes C!

02-Feb-17
Nick is correct! When I shot each one I thought each would make it:)

03-Feb-17

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Here is my top 5 lopes! Mass is key ! The best one in the middle is only 14 long . But great mass above and below the prong! Good luck! Numbers have been down in Montana since 2011! After this winter who knows!! Best of luck ! Hunt

• Sitka Gear