jmiller 17-Mar-17
Bou'bound 17-Mar-17
petedrummond 17-Mar-17
dgb 17-Mar-17
GR-mobile 21-Mar-17
GR-mobile 21-Mar-17
Buffalo1 14-Apr-17
12-Feb-17
I'm trying to put together some plans for a guided Pronghorn hunt next year if possible, preferably in Wyoming. Would be bow only. Any recommendations on outfitters or just some advice in general would be great. It sounds like you can get a tag without preference points in Wyoming and from what I hear they have the biggest population. I've also been looking at Pronghorn hunts in Montana, Nebraska, and the Dakotas but they all seem to have less overall numbers and require preference/bonus points. Thanks in advance

12-Feb-17
DIY in Wyoming is very possible, but if you don't have the time, any of the three following ranches will give you a great time.

Spearhead Ranch,

Moore Ranch,

Werner Ranch

12-Feb-17
Sent you a PM

12-Feb-17
Check out MillironTJ outfitters. They hunt a ranch north of Cheyenne That I believe you can hunt without points. Taft is straight up and won't tell you he can get you on antelope if he can't.

12-Feb-17
Great times at Spearhead Ranch

12-Feb-17
Had a great hunt with Werner this past Sept.2016. First class operation.

12-Feb-17
2 thumbs up for Werner Ranch! See if JJ & Connie openings.

12-Feb-17
Werner Ranch. Had a great time this past September and booked again for 2018. First Class all the way

13-Feb-17
Thanks for all the suggestions, looks like this is a good start. Originally were thinking DIY hunt but I think several in the group don't have more than a week or so to hunt. I've heard that numbers in Montana are low lately, is this because of blue tongue?

22-Feb-17
DIY is very doable. In a week they will get used to a blind or try spot and stalk. Antelope are everywhere in Wyoming, no winterkill yet but April will tell. All those ranches take multitudes every year and most take a 12 in buck. You can find you a nice buck without a guided hunt. Save some money and see some sights while on your trip.

22-Feb-17
I would caution a DIY hunt unless you REALLY love them and understand the difference (and your buddies as well).

DIY can be fun but it's a lot more work, with more headaches and that's if you are doing it by yourself. Then add buddies to that and you multiple (not add) to the complexity.

I disagree that if you go guided you will shoot a small antelope (not that many can tell the difference between a 65" goat and a 72" goat).

For the first time antelope hunter (or any species) I always reco a guided hunt first to get the gist then try on your own. Most antelope hunts are so cheap that by the time you got all your necessary gear to DIY it would be likely cheaper to have gone guided.

I actually encourage guys if the can find a good combo hunt to do it because you are already where the Mulies are and most of the time the Mulies are hitting the same water holes (and then you can S&S during midday).

Whatever you do have a great trip and don't shoot anything the first day.

23-Feb-17
Yes you will get first class treatment from most of the established antelope outfitters. I looked at Werner's pics, lots of 12 in and smaller bucks. I know from experience that these ranches run many hunters and take lots of smaller bucks, they do not put guides in the blind, unless you pay for guided hunt. As a result many take the first decent looking buck. I'm just saying you don't need a outfitter to hunt archery antelope. A week is plenty of time for a successful hunt. Buy a PP this year and go into the draw next year with 1 PP. You can draw some good areas with 1 point in the special draw. The money you spend on a guided hunt will go far on a DIY . Camping on BLM is free and many small towns have decent cheap motels. If you want to go sit in a blind for days then go for it. I would rather spend that time seeing some country and making stalks on my own. Remember that tag is also good during the rifle season. With some effort you could find a nice mature buck, 4+ years old .

23-Feb-17

IABowhunter74's embedded Photo
IABowhunter74's embedded Photo
Try Ridgemaster Outfitting in Kaycee, WY. Chuck Cureton knows his game extremely well. He will do everything he can to get your animal. Chuck is a traditional bowhunter so he knows what it takes to kill antelope. I took my first mule deer and a huge antelope with him. The accommodations are comfortable-camp like. His prices are great. 307-265-8229.

23-Feb-17
That is a nice buck!! IMO the key to getting a great buck on a guided hunt is patience and hunting a ranch that lets plenty of the bucks grow to 4+ years old. I do believe all the ranches mentioned above could have great trophies, but I just think it's not necessary to go guided first time out to get a good buck. I do see the point if you have no equipment and have to buy everything for the first hunt, but then you're set up for subsequent hunts.

23-Feb-17
The first antelope hunt I ever went on I drew a tag and me and my girlfriend headed to WY. We camped in the unit ...it was about 80% public BLM land that I had never laid eyes on. After 3 days and about 100 different bucks I told her if a decent buck comes into the water today I'm shooting it. We were headed home that afternoon. If there is one hunt you sure can do DIY it is antelope hunting.

23-Feb-17
Hard to beat Steve Jones-Back Country Hunts- Texas and New Mexico. Fantastic operation. You can google him.

23-Feb-17
Spearhead ranch. I have been twice, first class in every aspect. Can't recommend it highly enough.

24-Feb-17
Has anyone hunter wagonhound for goats?

24-Feb-17
http://www.huntsd.net/hunting/sd-pronghorn-antelope-hunts/

16-Mar-17
Pronghorn guide service, that's an easy one. No one comes close when it comes to giant antelope.

17-Mar-17
5575, I don't think they're looking for the likes of Tony and his crew! You're right, he is the goat King

17-Mar-17
Try Routier Outfitting I'm South Dakota. Otc tags, great land, great people, and a fair price.

17-Mar-17
Werner Ranch

JJ will take care of you. Been twice

17-Mar-17
Pronghorn populations can be very volatile They are very suseptible to blue tongue and bad winters. Used to hunt around newcastle in 6 7 8 and 27 areas. Drove thru last year snd saw almost no gosts and in one area in area 6 near cheyenne river it was devoid of animals where i used to see hundreds. Last time i hunted area 26 the numbers seemed to be down so called wy dnr and talked to the biologists who told me best population was around 22 23 and 113 near buffalo. Hunted 22 and saw a lot of goats. Used to hunt them im montana petroleum county. First year saw 300 goats in green field near outfitter. Next year saw three in same field and smelled blue tongue dead carcasses everywhere we went even while in a truck. They just had a bad winter i would check by calling biologist before picking area. I am.

17-Mar-17
I went with Wyoming Professional Hunters last year. They have a very good ranch - of 7 hunters, 6 killed the first day. Shots ranged from 50 to 20 yards. I was the 20 yard guy because I shoot trad - but if I had been patient, I could have had 10 yard shots - several came in close after I shot. There are a lot of goats there too and if you want something special, just hold out a bit. Nice guys too.

21-Mar-17

GR-mobile's MOBILE embedded Photo
GR-mobile's MOBILE embedded Photo

Graham Brigden Outfitting. 45 min drive north of montana border. 403-548-0731

21-Mar-17
100% decoy only Hunt during the Rut in Sept with archery tackle. (Or come a month later in Oct with a rifle) . Very exciting Hunt. My personal favourite to guide. Available spots for two hunters

14-Apr-17
IWbowhunter74 check your PM

• Sitka Gear