Pete In Fairbanks 28-Feb-17
Steve H. 28-Feb-17
10 pt buck 05-Sep-17
Steve H. 06-Sep-17
Nick Muche 06-Sep-17
Stekewood 06-Sep-17
10 pt buck 06-Sep-17
23-Feb-17
Drew mt harper sheep tag. Looking for anyone who may have hunted this unit or knows anything about it thanks Todd

23-Feb-17
Twice. 2000 and 2015 with my son. Call pm'd you number.

28-Feb-17
I had the tag in 2010. You need to get ahold of Eric Decker, long time AK resident lives in Worland, WY now and is or at least was set up to guide in that area. Not a lot of sheep but some doozies. I have lots of photos, pm me an email addy.

28-Feb-17
I gave him some recent (last fall) info from a buddy that killed a great ram.

Best of luck!

28-Feb-17
There are widely different areas in MH that are the prime sheep habitat with different entry points. NM, where, specifically, did your buddy kill his ram? Also, any chance he mentioned seeing any sheep with "distinguishing characteristics"?

28-Feb-17

Nick Muche's embedded Photo
Nick Muche's embedded Photo
I'd say this one was pretty distinguishing as far as character.

28-Feb-17
The good news for tag holders is that is just an average mature ram for the area.

BTW, not quite what I meant by "distinguishing characteristics". Think hair color.

28-Feb-17
Oh nice! Yes, he said he shot the small one of the group. But saw plenty of Rams.

28-Feb-17

Steve H.'s embedded Photo
This might make Mt. Harper even harder to draw in the future but here goes. A Fannin color phase Dall ewe I photographed in 2010. (Those of you that believe a Fannin is a Stone have ben lied to by record keeping organizations).

28-Feb-17

The herd with the Fannin ewe. All rams spotted were 100% white.

28-Feb-17
Guide Eric Decker is a good resource. He worked for me as an Asst Guide years ago. Good man; knows the area well.

I have seen "fannin-type" coloration sheep there, and also further up into the Charley River country. Some rams commonly sport a black line down the crest of the spine. Sometimes a black brisket and/or black tail. The full grey/black saddle is more rare, but not unheard of.

Pete

28-Feb-17
"Guide Eric Decker is a good resource. He worked for me as an Asst Guide years ago" Well I'll be damned. I first met Eric in about 2003 when I spotted and was watching a SE brown bear, see two guys, then they shot the bear. They were surprised when I walked up, congratulated the client-hunter, then helped them load the bear whole on their inflatable. A friend of mine is best buddies with him and has helped him guide client quite a bit over the years. many of their trips are in the Tanana Uplands and I know Eric personally had the Mt. Harper tag once and he was my source for info when I drew.

05-Sep-17

10 pt buck's embedded Photo
41 inch ram
10 pt buck's embedded Photo
41 inch ram
here is the sheep I harvested out of ds206

06-Sep-17
I call 41" on the unbroomed horn, am I close?

06-Sep-17
Glad to see it all worked out! Congrats!

06-Sep-17
Beauty! Congrats.

06-Sep-17
thank you , yes he was 41 inches and 11 years old

• Sitka Gear