NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Loading the Sand Bags
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
Loading the Sand Bags
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
I just got these from John Morrison, one of our interns in Bozeman who was taking photos of the race.

Enjoy!

24-Feb-17

NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo
NvaGvUp's embedded Photo

24-Feb-17
See that guy WAAAAAY at the end... Yeah that would be me :)

Thanks for sharing!

25-Feb-17
Looks like a lot of fun and way cool scenery/views.

Good luck, Robb

25-Feb-17
Way cool!

25-Feb-17
Neat pics. What did the winner get, a bag of sand?

25-Feb-17
Kyle, Are you able to divulge the "Top Secret" course location for next years race.

25-Feb-17
When the race started, it was snowing and foggy as it had been for some time. Shortly after the race started, the fog lifted and the sun broke through, making for a spectacularly beautiful morning as you can see from John's photos.

Less than :30 after the race ended, the fog came back and it started snowing again.

25-Feb-17
Birddog,

Weather and trail conditions permitting, we'll start the 2018 race right at the base of the Sierras in SW Reno near where Thomas Creek crosses Timberline Drive.

We'll go ~ 1.5 miles up Thomas Creek Trail, hang a left on the trail that goes up to Dry Pond, then drop down on the other side until we hit the Whites Creek Trail. Then we'll head down that trail until it hits Timberline Drive, hang a left there and head ~2/3 of a mile North back to the starting line.

All but the part from Dry Pond to Whites Creek and that last section on Timberline Drive will be in the tall timber.

25-Feb-17
JRABQ,

The winners in both the men's and the women's divisions got $500 in cash, a great backpack from Stone Glacier and a gift card from Mountain Ops! There were also Sitka backpacks given to the 2nd place winners and the third place winners got prizes as well.

The gentleman who put up the cash prize is going to do the same next year and I suspect we'll have even more great prizes. If we hit our entry limit, which I'm sure will, we'll likely also have age divisions.

• Sitka Gear