Mad Trapper 28-Feb-17
OFFHNTN 28-Feb-17
njbuck 28-Feb-17
26-Feb-17

wkochevar's embedded Photo
Getting away from those pesky dogs
Getting away from those pesky dogs
We finally got some snow along the Front Range and were able to get out looking. We cut a reasonably fresh big track mid-morning and about an hour later we were headed up the final hill. Not sure how they know which is the steepest hill around but they obviously do. The boys had him bayed up pretty good near the top and when we got there it was go time. Nice big tom up the tree. The first arrow was good, but at the insistence of my guide I put another in him. This was my first lion hunt and it took 14 days to finally get it done. Along the way I gained a whole new respect for these animals, the guys and in particular, their dogs that chase them...truly a special breed all around. Never thought I'd like it as much as I did but I would do it again tomorrow!

26-Feb-17

These dudes are heavy...
These dudes are heavy...
OK, tried to fix the sideways and am really screwing it up now lol. I'll leave this alone now
OK, tried to fix the sideways and am really screwing it up now lol. I'll leave this alone now

26-Feb-17
Way to go Kip!

26-Feb-17
Thanks Wayne!

26-Feb-17
Very nice! Congrats on your adventure. Is your cat a little darker than most, or does he just look that way to me in the pics?

Yeah, you sure don't stand there holding them up for the picture very long!

26-Feb-17
I am no cat expert but so far everyone that has seen him has said he is dark. Good eye!

26-Feb-17
Congrats! Great pictures.

26-Feb-17
Good Tom! Congrats! Who did you hunt with?

26-Feb-17
Special hunt for sure. Nice. Paul

26-Feb-17
Congrats! On my bucket list for sure! How did you practice for shooting so high?

26-Feb-17
Beautiful animal. Congrats and God Bless

26-Feb-17
Nice cat. Congrats.

Who'd you go with?

27-Feb-17
I went with some local guys that have dogs and had access to a private ranch. Tobin, you know I was a little worried about having to shoot at a steep angle high up in a tree because there really aren't any places you can practice that shot. As it worked out, the steepness of the side slope allowed me to get uphill of the tree and I doubt the shot angle was much more than about 25-30 degrees. I just took my normal draw, anchor, etc., and leaned back until the pin found the spot.

27-Feb-17
Congrats on your cat! Love the color. What type of mount are you going to do?

27-Feb-17
This wasn't above Tarryall Reservoir by chance? While fishing on Saturday we could hear hounds that had treed. Sounded like a good time!

27-Feb-17
Nope not in South Park. Were the dogs up in the Puma's south of the reservoir? I haven't decided on the mount yet but it will be a full body non snarling. I have a little time to decide.

28-Feb-17
Damn nice!!

Congrats

Good luck, Robb

28-Feb-17
Awesome Cat

28-Feb-17
Congrats Nice cat !!

28-Feb-17
Congrats!

28-Feb-17
Beautiful cat! CONGRATS!