IdyllwildArcher 01-Mar-17
TEmbry 01-Mar-17
wildwilderness 01-Mar-17
njbuck 01-Mar-17
mountainman 01-Mar-17
Quinn @work 01-Mar-17
sticksender 01-Mar-17
01-Mar-17
As of today's mail, I still haven't received my CO sheep/goat supplement. I called HQ last Thursday and they said to just hold tight, that they'd started sending them out on the 9th and he figured there'd be some people that hadn't received them yet. But it's 4 mailing days later and I'm starting to worry because I need the app in it to apply and I need to mail this in before I leave for work next week, so I'm wondering if any other NRs haven't gotten it yet.

01-Mar-17
PM me your mailing address and I'll put one in the mail to you. No need to wait for CPW to get around to it.

01-Mar-17
I'd appreciate that, but doesn't the one they mail to you have your specific info on it?

01-Mar-17
No, not that I'm aware of? I can also pick up as many as I want at the local Walmart, etc.

01-Mar-17
They must have generics then.

01-Mar-17
The one they mail you has your ID number on the back, but the app itself that you rip out and mail in with a check is generic and not specific to you. I got mine in Anchorage last Friday, dropped the check in the mail Monday.

01-Mar-17
Will be nice for all the NR next year when they go all online. So enjoy your last time scrambling for a paper application.

01-Mar-17
I received mine in NJ about a week ago. Would be so nice if it was all online.

01-Mar-17
I haven't got mine either. I got the normal one a couple weeks ago. But no sheep/goat one has showed up yet.

If they are going to all online I guess that means they will start taking credit cards? The only benefit I saw from the paper apps was you actually had to have the cash to put in because it was check only. Which likely helped limit the total number of apps in an already very crowded field.

01-Mar-17
Next year should be a love/hate for NR's and CO's sheep and goat apps. They'll love the fact they can apply online but should hate the fact that now anyone with a credit card and internet connection can start applying. The paper app with a check or money order definitely made for better odds for NR's applying.

01-Mar-17
Perhaps even more painful next year will be if we still pay the full tag fees up front. Because if that's the way they do it, I'll bet they'll start charging a "PP fee". Similar to the WY & MT system. Merchant processor fees for accepting credit cards on-line come are somewhere in the 2%-3% range, plus another 1.0%-1.5% for cash-back cards. So that'd be a couple hundred dollars cost to CDPW for every NR who applies for Sheep & Moose & Goat. And they never get those Merchant fees back, even if they refund the transaction. In fact, there's typically another Merchant fee, usually around 1%-1.5%, for an electronic refund. Pretty sure the CDPW would not eat those kind of costs for NR apps. No, we'll most likely pay for the "convenience", in more ways than one!

• Sitka Gear