kota-man 03-May-17
Mathewsshooterph 03-May-17
Mark Watkins 03-May-17
sticksender 03-May-17
bowman 18-Feb-20
Slam38 18-Feb-20
nmwapiti 18-Feb-20
03-Mar-17
I have the new Leica Geovids with the funky curved shape. What bino harnesses will fit this thing?

03-Mar-17
I use the Alaska Guide Creation KISS. They're tight, but they work. The XL KUIU works and the new XL Sitka will work when it becomes available. The XL FHF works nicely, but is rarely available. The large Marcupial Pouch would work and looks good, though I haven't tried it yet. Lots of options..

03-Mar-17
Thanks Kota, was hoping you would reply.

Not a fan of FHF, too noisy. I think I might just go back to the annoying Kuiu, yet this time jury rig it with a set of top straps so it stays in place.

03-Mar-17
Look at Outdoor Vision's at www.outdoorvisiongear.com

04-Mar-17
Thanks Kota, was hoping you would reply.

Not a fan of FHF, too noisy. I think I might just go back to the annoying Kuiu, yet this time jury rig it with a set of top straps so it stays in place.

04-Mar-17
Kota gives a good overall summary. KUIU XL works very well (a 9 out of 10)..a snug fit, lid keeps the dust and rain out, one hand operation, stay pretty tight to your chest and deadly quiet......have your local seamstress sew a tight fitting bottom pouch on for extra handy storage (with elastic opening) and it's the best I've used...

Mark

04-Mar-17
I use the Kuiu xl but often wonder if there is a better option

04-Mar-17
The Rick Young harness with his neoprene cover is my personal favorite. On my older Leicas the cover is sleek, lightweight, tight fitting, and dead quiet. Haven't got my new Leica HD-R's yet, but the cover comes in 4 different sizes so I'm hoping one will fit.

14-Mar-17

bowman's Link

14-Mar-17
Badlands will dump those binos in the dirt if you end up belly crawling on a stalk; 0 out of 10.

14-Mar-17
what size Kuiu for the older Geovid 10 x 42 ?

14-Mar-17
George...XL... bowman...I would question those "experts"...Though the new Sitka bino harness coming in June is going to be very nice (I've seen the prototype), the original case and the Badlands case have some issues. The Sitka case is EXTREMELY tight with the Leicas and not the most functional design. The Badlands case has a whole lot going on that I'm not fond of. IMO, those "internet experts" probably recommended two of the worst cases for those particular binos. There are SEVERAL better options for the Leica's. Like I said, the new Sitka Harness should work great, Alaska Guide Creations, the marsupial pouch, the FHF harness, the KUIU Harness all fit those binos much better. I'll "bump" a bino harness review thread I did last year...

03-May-17
To update, I got the Outdoor Vision Large Harness from Geoff and it fits the Leica Geovid HD'B's like it was made for them. I'll be running the Outdoor Vision Harness, the new Sitka Harness and the XL FHF Harness this year and do a write up in the fall.

03-May-17
I'm now using the Rick Young cover and harness for my HD-R's, and like it pretty well. The cover is definitely a little tight on the width due to the hump in the middle of the binos. But I appreciate the lack of bulk, and that the whole assembly is practically weightless.

03-May-17
Greg, I hear you...great glass, but that hump in the middle of the Leica's is a PIA!

Mark

03-May-17
The Rick Young system looks pretty sweet. Can you pull out your binos with one hand (while holding the bow with the other)?

Mark

03-May-17
And as a bonus, the Rick Young System comes in your color Mark!...Bright Pink! ;)

03-May-17
Kuiu

03-May-17
My lucky color!!

Mark

03-May-17
Mark the Rick Young system is more of a cover than a pouch but you can shuck off the cover using one hand with a little practice. Or you can leave the cover "open" during a stalk. I might try to modify my cover to lengthen the center loop so it fits less tight across the arch of the binos.

18-Feb-20

bowman's Link
I finally Bought my rangefinder binocular and guessed what its Leica 10x42 Geovid HD-B. I found great insight from this leading binocular website Binoculars Guru. Today I contacted them which harness with the case should I use they replied me to check between sitka and Badlands. I will go for Sitka seems it's great. By the way, I have attached their link here so that you may get great advice from their experts. Thanks :)

18-Feb-20
I have both Leica old and new ones. I have tried a ton of binos and the newer leica fit great in the newer XL Kuiu . The older Leica will fit in the Large Kuiu.

18-Feb-20
Have carried my HD-Bs in the original large KUIU bino harness for a couple years. It was a little snug at first, but fits like a glove now. I don't like a loose fit inside my bino pouch. I can easily take them in and out one-handed. Not sure if the size changed any on the KUIU pro bino harness.

• Sitka Gear