Ambush 04-Apr-17
Kurt 04-Apr-17
Kurt 04-Apr-17
APauls 04-Apr-17
Southern draw 04-Apr-17
TC 04-Apr-17
Beendare 04-Apr-17
01-Apr-17
Had this sent to me by the Alberta Professional Outfitters Society (APOS) Hope this works. http://www.cheknews.ca/chek-point-poll-grizzly-bear-trophy-hunting-ended-b-c-294942/

01-Apr-17
voted.

02-Apr-17

elkmtngear's Link
Still losing by ten percent.

02-Apr-17
Keep this going.

02-Apr-17
Voted. Hard to compete with the masses though... Heck look at the last 8 years in the US.

02-Apr-17
Voted....Losing 55% to 45%

Mike

02-Apr-17
Voted.

02-Apr-17
I voted as well

03-Apr-17
Voted

03-Apr-17
Total BS the way they phrased the question............ with a negative connotation towards hunting.

03-Apr-17
voted poorly worded question

03-Apr-17
Voted. And yes the title is quite slanted.

03-Apr-17
If I read this correct, it is unfortunate that the Province has not biologically determined the bear population, thus justifying the hunt to manage the Long Term Population Objective. A very emotional issue I am sure for those that do not hunt and then vote on a subject like this.

03-Apr-17
Voted

03-Apr-17
Voted, hope it helps. 10 percent down, a lot more need to vote in order to win. I assume this is just a poll? sounds like some real science needs to be applied in the area. If they get this actually through then you can say good by to hunting in BC. Next black bears, then Cougars and then moose etc...The hunting community needs to stop promoting "trophy hunting"and just promote hunting. If the non hunting public views hunting only as the killing of anaimls just to hang on a wall the hunters will loose every time, the facts and the benefits of hunting need to be promoted. Good luck up there hope you can fight off the wackos.

03-Apr-17

Ace's embedded Photo
Ace's embedded Photo

04-Apr-17
Voted

04-Apr-17
I live and hunt in BC. And I can say without any exaggeration that the grizzly hunt here is the most tightly monitored and regulated hunt there is. Grizzly mortalities are regulated to 2% to 3% of the population and that includes mortalities by all induced means, including vehicle collisions and nuisance and hunting. 6% is would be very, very conservative. The grizzly population has been rising steadily and they are showing up in areas that haven't seen grizzlies for decades. If you look at the "red zone" areas where grizzlies have been extirpated, you quickly realize that these are the densely populated areas like Vancouver and area. I'd love to relocate some large carnivores to the large parks and green spaces there.

Because of the anti agenda always pushing the "unsustainable" angle, there has been several very exhaustive studies performed by independent bodies using the best science available.

So the narrative has changed. Now science does not matter. It is being pushed as a moral/ethical issue and science has to yield to that perspective. We have a provincial election in May, with three "mainstream" political parties represented. Two of those parties have clearly and forcefully declared that, if elected, the grizzly hunt in BC will end. Our news media is very slanted on the issue, so it is nearly impossible to present any truthful dialogue. The poll question is a good example.

Wolves will be next. Then all predators. That should be about halfway down the slippery slope.

04-Apr-17
Grizzly hunting in BC will likely be subject to the results of the upcoming May 2017 provincial election. If the NDP win, grizzly hunting will likely be suspended. If the Liberals win and stay in power, there is likely to be a continued grizzly hunt. With the bulk of BC's population city based in the Lower Mainland (Vancouver area) hunting will always be under pressure from the antis......think California north.

BC has about 15,000 grizzlies in the province and hunters kill about 300 a year......2% of the population which is well within the BC gov't biologist's safe harvest quota guidelines and fully sustainable. This is a political issue, plain and simple, as science doesn't support eliminating the hunt.

04-Apr-17
Ambush, well said and documented, (posted at the same time as my simple take on it).

04-Apr-17
voted

04-Apr-17
voted

04-Apr-17
Voted, and if the anti's win in about 5 years will come the reports of an increase in grizzly attacks with the anti's saying "they are just doing what they do". Hope they volunteer for grizzly bait in masses.

04-Apr-17
BC is headed in the direction of Ca and other areas where the population center voters that have NO CLUE hold sway over what happens in huge rural areas. Its sickening.

They need some sort of an electoral college to stifle the riff raff in the cities...and keep their noses out of wildlife issues which they have zero understanding

• Sitka Gear