dhaverstick 06-Apr-17
BOWNBIRDHNTR 06-Apr-17
bowcrazyJRHCO 07-Apr-17
Paul@thefort 07-Apr-17
Z Barebow 07-Apr-17
BULELK1 08-Apr-17
MassBucks 08-Apr-17
05-Apr-17
I'll just pipe in quick to answer the inevitable question some of you guys will have and then I'll let Scoot finish his story unabated before I add my two cents worth: Kia had commitments lasting all weekend that unfortunately kept her from joining us in the woods, she was super jealous as you can imagine but was cheering Ryan on via text message all weekend long! She so badly wanted to meet Ryan and compare California notes! Next time!

05-Apr-17
That was great. Thanks for sharing!

05-Apr-17
Great thread! Nothing makes me happier than seeing these young guys bowhunting! Ryan's smile is awesome and it made my day, just like his previous hero pics. Good job Ryan!

05-Apr-17
Can't say it any better than loop did !^^^^^^^^^^^^^

05-Apr-17
congrats Ryan!!!!! awesome hunt and thanks for sharing Scott!!!!!! what its about

05-Apr-17
Great story and pics, thanks for sharing! Love the smiles!

05-Apr-17
Congrats Ryan! doesn't get any better than that!

05-Apr-17
Awesome!

05-Apr-17
Congrats to you both! Great job Scoot!

Also awesome of Brotsky and his family. Ryan is right-it IS always nice to meet good people.

\m/

05-Apr-17
Great job boys!!

05-Apr-17
That was fantastic ! Way to go guys! You understand what it's all about and are welcome at my campfire anytime! Thanks for posting ! Hunt

05-Apr-17
Attaboy Ryan! Great stuff!

05-Apr-17
Cool story! Congrats to all who hunted and helped.

05-Apr-17
It was such a pleasure to hunt with Scott and Ryan on opening weekend. I always enjoy meeting fellow Bowsiters and hunting with them. When Scott and I started talking about turkey season down here I was thrilled to be able to take him and Ryan out. We initially wanted this to be later in the season and have it be a "future of hunting" kids hunt with Ryan and Kia but we just couldn't get our calendars to sync up. Opening weekend it was and we hoped we could maybe get Kia out but she is a super busy kid. As it turned out it was a guys weekend with the exception of opening morning when Nichole was able to join us. I can't say enough about how impressed I was with Ryan and how much maturity he showed as a young bow hunter. The bird we called in on opening afternoon was a tank. We just needed him to clear the fence and he was ours. Ryan could have shot that bird and no one would have been the wiser, but he did the right thing and I was damn proud of him. He's super insightful in the woods and asks great questions and makes good observations. He's going to kill a pile of game in his lifetime, that I am sure of! It was also great to meet and share a blind with Scott and trade some stories. He and Ryan are welcome back at our camp anytime. Kia is already asking about MN when I mentioned it to her. We'll focus on turkeys for a couple months and then make plans for the fall. We've already had an amazing turkey season. We've made friends in two states and enjoyed some awesome action. To think it's just getting started puts a smile on my face. Kia is up to bat on Saturday. Bring on the weekend!

05-Apr-17
Great stuff, guys! Bowsiters are the best!

05-Apr-17
Way to go Ryan!!!! That's a great way to kick off the season for you guys! Great pics too!

I knew that Brotsky clan was good people. Being Packers fans just proves it that much more!

06-Apr-17
Great job!

06-Apr-17
What a great story! Way to go, Ryan! Thanks for sharing the saga and the awesome photos.

Darren

06-Apr-17
Awesome hunt by terrific people. Thanks for sharing!

07-Apr-17
Terrific story!

07-Apr-17
Nice. You got to love when three toms come in and only two leave the site.

07-Apr-17
Congrats to you guys. That is an awesome story and experience. Ryan is a fortunate young man to have a dad like yourself guiding him through the journey of life.

08-Apr-17
Reads like fun for all.

Congrats Ryan

Good luck, Robb

08-Apr-17
Another fantastic hunt! Congrats to you both.

• Sitka Gear