Steve H. 10-Apr-17
TEmbry 11-Apr-17
JSW 11-Apr-17
IronMike 11-Apr-17
NvaGvUp 11-Apr-17
Ace 12-Apr-17
NvaGvUp 12-Apr-17
09-Apr-17
I bought a brown bear hunt in the Togiak NWR in Alaska at the AK WSF auction last night.

Has anyone here hunted that area?

10-Apr-17
I did not hunt the Togiak, but fished it in august. Saw bears every day and the shoreline had plenty of bear tracks. I wear an 8 1/2 shoe and put my shoe in some of the prints. I don't know where you are hunting but my trip was a float down the Togiak River, starting at the headwaters. Good Luck

10-Apr-17
How was the fishing? I've heard it's terrific.

10-Apr-17
My buddy cow called a 9 foot brownie thru willows to within 12 yards of me, I got busted (Thank God) while looking for a shooting lane; the entire time HE thought a bull was coming in (damn Okie). We saw 6-8 bears on most days eating berries. I think you will do very well.

10-Apr-17
Steve,

Who were you hunting with?

10-Apr-17
"Who were you hunting with?" Usually by hisself...... =D Didja have the 458 SoCom then Steve?

Residents don't need to be guided for much anything.... including big bears.

10-Apr-17
I was moose hunting primarily, my Okie buddy was with me.

10-Apr-17
I was moose hunting primarily, my Okie buddy was with me.

11-Apr-17
I've hunted 17A for moose in 2014. LOADS of bears in the area. I'm assuming you bought the Alaska Outfitters Unlimited hunt. If so, Aaron is a great guy and you are in good hands.

11-Apr-17
I hunted Togiac with Justin Johns in 2013. I had a very good hunt, saw 3 good boars and quite a few sows with cubs. I hunted the first hunt and had a tough time finding boars for the first 6 days. The final 4 days were much better and I had some really close's encounters. There were no berries the year I hunted so that made it more difficult but it's a good area with a good population.

11-Apr-17
I hunted with Justin Johns in September. Great hunt - killed a nice boar on day 2. happy to discuss with you if you like.

11-Apr-17
TEembry,

Yes, that's the hunt I bought. Thanks for the endorsement.

12-Apr-17
Kyle, very cool, good luck. Is that hunt in Sept 2017?

I'm man enough to admit that I don't think I'm man enough to do that hunt with a bow.

12-Apr-17
Ace,

We all gotta' die sometime! LOL

• Sitka Gear