KShogman 10-Aug-17
canepole 10-Aug-17
Fuzzy 11-Aug-17
ahunter55 11-Aug-17
ahunter55 11-Aug-17
17-Apr-17

fenceman's embedded Photo
fenceman's embedded Photo
Myself and 6 friends just finished a great hunt at Shiloh. We took 6 hogs and 1 ram. 100% success. This is far better than our trip 2 years ago. At that time, we hunted for 3 days and saw few hogs. The ones we saw were really scary and didn't give us any shots. Matt & Cheryl were in the middle of the State of Oklahoma debacle. I don't know if that had anything to do with the success of our hunt, maybe not. To tell you the truth, we looked at several other ranches in Oklahoma & Texas.

Well, we decided to rebook with Matt & Cheryl this year, and we are glad we did. The quality & quantity of animals we encountered were spectacular. Now that there are blinds at just about every stand, it takes away the wind issue. The accomodations were fine and the assistance by their new hand, Randy, was really helpful. We applaud Matt & Cheryl for stepping up & keeping Shiloh in the forefront of the hog hunting operations. Ken, Tom, Scott, Bill, Ethan, Curtis, & Ron, The Kansas/Georgia bunch.

18-Apr-17
Can't go wrong if you book a hunt at Shiloh. A good time for sure!

18-Apr-17
We hunted there the last three years and have next year booked. We have never seen a shortage of hogs. We just finished this years hunt and we saw the most and biggest hogs yet. I( don't know how you could go wrong hunting at Shiloh. FWK

18-Apr-17
definately a "yes"

18-Apr-17
Been hunting there since 2010 and twice a year at least since 2011 or 2012. Never had a bad hunt and Matt and Cheryl are the best hosts. Some hunts are better than others but always a good time.

18-Apr-17
Hmm, sounds like a place I ought to check out. Oh wait I live there a couple of times a year. Outstanding outfit and fantastic people, only equaled by the amazing clients that hunt there. Hamicus Procurus

24-Apr-17
We have such a good time when we go there, I really didn't/don't want to go anywhere else. You can tailor your hunt anyway you want as long as you follow the rules, which aren't that difficult to follow. Accomodations are good & clean, and now there is a Dollar General just up the road in Stonewall. Moving on up in the world.lol I drive all the way from Georgia to hunt there, so the hunt cost is minor in my scheme of things.

24-Apr-17
Top 3 in Oklahoma for sure

25-Apr-17
Not a tough decision, Shiloh Ranch is always worth the trip, and the money. Great hunt, every time. I've got hundreds of good memories there. Not just my pigs, but Damon's first hog (from a wheelchair), my son's first bowkill, several others...stalking on pigs....making Inbowdude look crosseyed at my 300 lb boar.....and have to help me lift in the back of the rig, night shooting with Matt.....Cheryl's warm smile, and the text when I left the Avalanche pics on the kitchen wall. (No smile then!)

26-Apr-17
Hey fenceman, we did have one fine time hunting those old hogs. The weather was perfect, the company was great, the hunting was superb. I don't think life can get any better than this. We have truly been blessed to know Matt and Cheryl and to be able to call them our friends.

26-Apr-17
I took 5 people out there a few years back and we all had a good time. I plan to go back at some point. Hopefully 2018.

26-Apr-17
Simply the best operation run by great people. Sure some hunts are better than others, based on several different factors ranging from weather, time of year, group hunting prior to you, etc.. Couple things that will never change is the way your treated, and the amount of hogs that you will see, the hogs are always there whether they cooperate and you shoot straight is another story. I think this year will be 15th or 16th trip to shiloh have lost count, every year when we drive out and latch the gate I am already planning how to get back sooner!!!!

26-Apr-17
I'm not sure there is a point to piling on, but I've taken my wife and 3 kids to Shiloh 3 times (Spring Break, Summer & Christmas Break). We're headed back over this Christmas break ('17). It feels like family. They are wonderful, caring people. We've hauled home many freezers full of pork & my 10-12 year old son has dropped a few nice rams, but the quality of the animals is just one small part of why the place is so special...

27-Apr-17
Hey Scott, Be sure & send me pics of that hog after you get it full body mounted. I want to see it next to your couch where you can pet it while you are watching tv....

22-Jul-17
What family man said. Special place and special people. I have hunted there many times and I always enjoy it!

22-Jul-17
The Kansas/Georgia bunch has rebooked for April 2018. Looking forward to another great hunt.

28-Jul-17
We had one trip where four hunters only took one pig, and only one other had a shot. Other trips most people had opportunities every sit. As long as the state allows them to bring in, and release, more hogs into the fenced area, hunting will be good.

01-Aug-17
In all my trips to Shiloh, I've never had a hunt where I didn't have an opportunity to shoot at a hog. (sometimes it's not the hog you'd like to take, like a 60 pounder rather than a 160 pounder) Now, I've hit poorly and didn't retrieve hogs 3 times in all my hunts (20+). That's all on me. The hogs are there but wind, hunter movement, bad shooting, bad luck, all that come into play. I can say that if you talk with Matt and listen to what he says, you will have an enjoyable time. Best of luck.

10-Aug-17
No there is better places to go .

10-Aug-17
I've been there several times ,you Will never shoot a big hog they are so cheap they don't buy big hogs and don't feed them enough. That's why you see so many skinny hogs go to to the feeders . Don't get suck in sales pitch .

10-Aug-17
KShogman, I respect everyone's opinion but it appears you're in the minority here. Although I live in central Okla, I've never had the privilege of visiting Shiloh. I have however heard nothing but great things about it. Everyone (including those on this thread) rave about the facilities, staff, and the hunts. I'm not sure if the place is geared up more for opportunities than "trophies" but over the years I've seen a number good size hogs (pics) that were taken.

There are some excellent public hunting spots throughout our state but as you know, that can be hit or miss and no guarantee of Monster. PM me if you want and I'll try to give a couple of suggestions. Good luck this season, Gene.

11-Aug-17
I've hunted hog at one other Ok ranch, also hunted both fenced and free range in Fl, Tn, NC, Ga, SC and here in Va. Each has its charms but Shilo is tops for price, quality of animals, and potential shot opps, the facilities are no frills but comfortable, as a hunting camp should be.

11-Aug-17

ahunter55's embedded Photo
I've been to Shiloh many times (maybe 9) & I've not always taken a shot or a couple times drew my bow. I "have" taken various size hogs with 2 being about as hefty as any most may encounter including at Shiloh. I've actually bowhunted 8 different places for hogs over the years, fenced & free range. Shiloh delivers a great bowhunt for hogs, lodging & hosts for the price. I've taken 2 like the one in the photo (Shiloh) but prefer the 100 pounder over the tusker now. No trick photography either.

11-Aug-17

you want a tusker for sure, go with hounds like I did & have your running shoes & climbing abilities sharp. Free range Texas river bottoms.

• Sitka Gear