t-roy 02-Jan-19
midwest 02-Jan-19
MikeSohm/Magnus 09-Feb-19
Kurt 09-Feb-19
t-roy 09-Feb-19
20-Apr-17
I just stick em in my quiver backwards and be VERY careful lol

20-Apr-17
Sounds like we need to go on Shark Tank scoot! I've been kicking around trying possibly something like a heavier Tupperware type container of approximately the right size and try to attach it the hood portion of my bow mounted quiver.

Maybe we could get one of the guys on here with a 3D printer to make us a prototype??!

20-Apr-17
Scoot, what kind of abuse are you subjecting the hoods to so they break?

20-Apr-17

Brotsky's Link
Have you guys seens those little plastic deals that you can snap over your hooks on crankbaits? I think something like that would be perfect then place them in your quiver back wards. Something like at my link that would snap on and off.

20-Apr-17
I've never had one break on me and I abuse them a bit. I have two inserted in my quiver and one carries a bullhead loose in my pack. I use a couple of Velcro wraps to keep the bullhead inside the cover. No issues for the past 5 years.

20-Apr-17
I currently just put my Bullheads into the quiver adapters without the arrow attached then rubber band 2 of the together back to back and carry them in my pack. But have been looking at other ways to carry them on or off the arrow, thinking about getting a Cat Quiver to see if that will work for carrying them on the arrow. Has anyone tried this?

20-Apr-17

stick33's embedded Photo
stick33's embedded Photo
I use this small case and shove it my pack. It's about 9"x5". Keep regular heads on in my quiver and swap one out when I get in the blind. Works for me.

20-Apr-17
Ron, I have a Catquiver Mini and the Bullheads don't fit either upside down or right side up. But my Bullheads are the bigger 125s. The smaller ones might squeeze in upside down in the fletch holder.

20-Apr-17
Lou, thanks for the info but I did not want to hear that as I thought I had a great idea and was thinking about buying one as I sold my other one a few years ago. As I use the same 125 grain heads as you so may still pursue this with the thought of slotting the outer edge of the broadhead cover or cutting the that edge off then bond the bullhead covers into holes I drill into the padded bottom of broadhead cover.

21-Apr-17
I use the plastic covers that Magnus makes. I had been using the original ones that I got in 2009 until I finally replaced them this year. Over 7 years they finally cracked enough in spots to replace them, but they never "broke" and I am not one to take good care of my equipment. I run 3 in my Tight Spot quiver and have never had an issue with them coming loose or arrows coming out.

21-Apr-17

DEC's embedded Photo
DEC's embedded Photo
DEC's embedded Photo
DEC's embedded Photo
DEC's embedded Photo
DEC's embedded Photo
Here are how mine are setup in my Tight Spot and they don't move. I have been running them in this configuration in this particular quiver for probably 6 years. I had them in a Mathews quiver before that. Again, these in this photo are new. I got at least 7 seasons out of the previous set. I also have enough room to put my bowpod legs in one spot and another arrow with a fixed 2 blade head in between the the Bullhead covers on the other side.

21-Apr-17
Forgot to mention that I have had no problem with my covers, but I usually do not use them in my quiver I just put the heads in them and rubber band them together back to back to hold 2 heads and cover together. Then when I get set up I install them on my arrows. This has worked great until 2 weeks ago when I sat on the covers that I had placed one inside the other on my chair in the blind after putting the heads on my arrows. So I now have order new ones to replace them.

21-Apr-17
I use the same method stick33 does. Works good and no problems with blades sticking out.

21-Apr-17
Scoot-they shouldn't be breaking something is wrong, but all you need to do is send them to us and we will replace. To Dave-we havenot cheapened up the product, they are made out of the same materials as they have always been made out of and they are made here in the united states. I use a tight spot quiver and I get 3 arrows and the bowpod rods in my quiver. thanks

21-Apr-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Scoot, I hope you don't mind, but I just finished up on my handy dandy new Bullhead quiver hood prototype project a few minutes ago. It definitely needs some tweaking, but I think it will work for my needs.

I used a Tupperware storage container for the hood. It was the closest thing to the right size I could find. I even looked at some Plano plastic tackle storage containers, but this was the closest one. I wish it was a little less flimsy but, oh well. I also bought a cheapo garden kneeling pad for the foam portion of the hood. 2 pieces of this was too thick so I split one in half and that was about right.

21-Apr-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I taped the hood heavily to try and stiffen the plastic and it helped some but not nearly enough for my liking. I then wrapped the entire hood with some camo tape.

21-Apr-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I mounted the hood bracket back on my bow and loaded it up with 3 Bullheads and 2 expandables. The hood wants to flex too much, so I think I might try to use a thin piece of flat steel and bend it in an "L" shape, then fasten it to the quiver bracket and the bottom of the hood to hopefully stiffen it up more. Overall, with what I had to use, and no more time than I put in it, I think it's gonna work pretty decent, at least for me. Imagine what I could have done if I had a rubber band, some chewing gum wrappers and a paper clip!

21-Apr-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Gonna try it out in the morning hopefully. The wife is first up to bat, and she better not miss!

22-Apr-17

22-Apr-17
T-roy, that's awesome! Going to copy it. Glad to see duct tape was involved, but no baling twine?

22-Apr-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Lou....we use baling "wire" around here, but couldn't find any ;-)

Dang birds didn't cooperate this AM....yet. I fixed the problem of the hood being too flexible, fairly well. I took a piece of thicker aluminum (from an old road sign) and bent it to fit in the quiver hood to give it some rigidity and bolted it to the bottom and side of the hood. I had to bend it a little more a time or two to get the angle correct, but finally got it "just right"

I think Tupperware is' gonna be calling any day!

23-Apr-17

Ridge Rock's embedded Photo
I use an old VHS case. Drilled holes for the threads to stick through and used nuts or inserts to hold the heads in place from the outside. The nuts also protect the threads.

23-Apr-17

I use an old VHS case. Drilled holes for the threads to stick through and used nuts or inserts to hold the heads in place from the outside. The nuts also protect the threads.

23-Apr-17
Nice job Troy...!!!

24-Apr-17
Nice work Troy! I like it! Time to raid the Tupperware cabinet :)

25-Apr-17

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Update.......The wife didn't miss. I do need to remember to bring a paper bag along next time so she doesn't hyperventilate again!

I screwed up a day later on a nice tom that came straight into the decoys at less than 10 yds. I set up ala the Cali guys (no blind) but wasn't in heavy enough cover. The tom was kind of hesitant to jump on the dekes and started getting nervous, so I tried to get drawn on him, but he busted me and spooked. The quiver worked great. The piece of aluminum really took the flex out of it.

26-Apr-17
I bought a pack of the bullheads to try this year. I wanted to buy the Muzzy More Turkey broadheads that are similar, but fold down for transport in quiver. But apparently they stopped making them.

I need to order a set of the covers for the bullheads now though. Lancaster Archery only had the broadheads.

27-Apr-17
I use the original package, and carry the heads in my turkey vest. It doesn't take a minute to get all ready to roll.

27-Apr-17
I use old pencil boxes I used to get at school when I was a custodian.foam inside and store broad heads in them out of reach.never used bullheads.

02-Jan-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
UPDATE:

My homemade quiver hood worked pretty well for me last year, but I thought it could be improved upon. I got in touch with Nick (midwest) and asked him if a hood would be doable on a 3D printer. He thought it would be not a problem, so I sent him some drawings, pics and dimensions. After a couple of quick questions, he went to the drawing board. It wasn’t very long before he wanted my mailing address. I got a package in the mail today.

WOW!! is all I can say! It turned out awesome! The 100 grain Bullheads fit perfectly and I can put a couple of expandables for longer shots in between the Bullheads. I need to camo paint it a little and tweak the foam in the hood just a little, but other than that, it’s ready to go. Also, Nick’s customer service response was way better than Kuiu’s! ;-)

Thanks again, Nick!

02-Jan-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
Another view.

02-Jan-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
t-roy's embedded Photo
I even ordered the customized version. The turk tracks were a nice touch!

It was a little bit more expensive. Probably gonna cost me TWO beers at P&Y!

02-Jan-19
I use a Bohning 4-arrow quiver which supports the ARROW in two places. The broadhead just "floats" unsupported in the cover. I always wondered why guys like to jam their broadheads in and out of foam...to dull them, I imagine.

02-Jan-19
You better hope they have Busch Light there, Troy....none of that cheap stuff! :):):):)

02-Jan-19

t-roy's embedded Photo
WITH my Mathews!
t-roy's embedded Photo
WITH my Mathews!
Hoyters gonna hate!!

Nick.....I just checked with the hotel in Omaha. They said they have Grain Belt and Schlitz on tap, so we’re good!

02-Jan-19

midwest's embedded Photo
midwest's embedded Photo
Perfect!

09-Feb-19
t-roy great post on your quiver hood!

09-Feb-19
T-Roy....like your innovation and even better the 3-D printer made hood. If anyone else is using Tupperware containers, just stack and glue two or even three Tupperware containers together and you will have a much stiffer structure for a hood.

I use the stacking/laminating container technique all the time to make workshop drawer compartments out of clear, rigid plastic food containers. One container is too flimsy but two stacked are perfect.

(Cheap) Kurt

09-Feb-19
Thanks Mike. You can use a pic of that in your advertising if you’d like ;-)

Good idea, Kurt. I should have thought of that. It might have saved me the cost of a couple of beers!

• Sitka Gear