smarba 11-Dec-18
swampokie 11-Dec-18
Fuzz 11-Dec-18
elkstabber 11-Dec-18
jburrup 11-Dec-18
ohiohunter 11-Dec-18
Quinn @work 12-Dec-18
23-Apr-17
I have heard about a ranch in New Mexico that has trophy hunts, but can't find any reviews. Does anyone know about Summit Ranch in New Mexico?

21-Nov-18
If you are talking about Summit Mountain Outfitters, run by Jerry Reiner,at Squaw Peak Ranch ,near Magdelena, NM, I strongly do not recommend this hunt. I also was told about this so-called trophy hunt, and me and my buddy were totally disappointed with any opportunity at at a trophy. Please call the local NM Game and Fish warden about Jerry's reputation before considering this hunt. I wish I had.

21-Nov-18
If you like that area contact the Welty family at Limestone Outfitters. Top shelf hunt.

22-Nov-18
X2 on The Welty family I hunted unit 17 in my own and they were hunting the same area. Great people. Seemed to work very hard for their client. He was after 360” or better. I was happy with a 300”or less. I Also met Bud Womack in Unit 17 “Quality Outfitters” not the same level but less money and he knows the area well. Both live in the area.

03-Dec-18

08-Dec-18
I would like to take this time to thank Jerry Reiner and the Summit Mountain Ranch group for helping my situation. Ten days prior to the hunt I had a heart condition, put into the hospital and thank goodness everything is fine now but my doctors recommended that I not leave the area to be better watched over. I called Jerry and told him my situation and that I had found a hunter to take my place. Jerry had to drive to Santa Fe to change the paperwork and to buy the new hunters license, which he did without hesitation to help me out. Thanks again for doing this for me and I look forward to hunting with you in the future. By the way, all of my friends who hunted with you this year had a great time and all of them got their bucks.

09-Dec-18
Recently had the opportunity to hunt on Summit Mountain Ranch. Tagged a respectful 4 point buck on day three of a five day hunt. Saw several bucks every day of the hunt. Accomadatins were great. The guides were all first class, and our cook was amazing. Thank you Jerry to you and your entire staff for providing a great experience.

09-Dec-18
interesting........

10-Dec-18
I hunted in New Mexico this year for the first time in my life, and Jerry Reiner busted his rear to make my hunt as enjoyable as possible. I was having difficulties obtaining my tag from New Mexico Fish and Game and couldn't get them to answer my calls from out of state. Jerry personally drove to NMFG offices and spent hours of his time getting my tag issue figured out. He even charged my tag fees to his own personal credit card and was in no rush to get reimbursed. Outstanding service, which is very appreciated when you are not physically present in New Mexico. Our accommodations, hunting guide and cook were all excellent, and we had a very enjoyable hunt.

10-Dec-18
Appears that we have a discrepancy.

10-Dec-18
I don`t have a dog in this fight but IMO those 3 advocating for this outfit don`t seem legit. If you are posting about your experience at an outfitters on a site like this you don`t start off with...."I would like to take the time to thank".....Something seems fishy with these responses.

10-Dec-18
My bullshit meter is going off.

10-Dec-18
No doubt saw guy, Oregon boy and IGS are Jerry himself. Hilarious.

10-Dec-18
Well all three are from Oregon, hum.....

11-Dec-18
I’ve talked to Welty as a non client and he was a stand up gentleman. Unbeknownst to Welty I also know his cousin, that man can shoot lights out.

11-Dec-18
"Well all three are from Oregon" that there is funny! My BS meter is going off as well

11-Dec-18
Beep..........beep..........beep..........beep.......beep.....beep...beep..beep.beepbeepbeepbeep

11-Dec-18
All the bullshit in the outfitting industry and people still pay these jokers to hunt land in many cases they could hunt and harvest on their own. Ill never understand it.

11-Dec-18
Most definitely a whole lot of B.S. going on.

11-Dec-18
Wow!

11-Dec-18

jburrup's embedded Photo
Here is the 1 bull elk i saw in 5 days on the ranch. The other hunter there killed it after i passed. I removed the face of the hunter and guide since i didn't get their permission to post their pic.
jburrup's embedded Photo
Here is the 1 bull elk i saw in 5 days on the ranch. The other hunter there killed it after i passed. I removed the face of the hunter and guide since i didn't get their permission to post their pic.
Jerry Reiner overstated the land available to hunt the quality and number of bulls. I paid nearly $9000 dollars when it was all said and done. I saw 1 bull... yes 1 bull on the property a roughly 270" bull on the ranch during my 5 days on the ranch. the other hunter there with me equally disappointed ended up cutting his losses and killed that bull. I drove home with an empty truck. by the way i saw zero deer that i would have paid any money to shoot. feel free to call me to verify 8012097894 I could go on about the food and accommodations but i think you get the idea. We were suppose to have a 5 star chef he left the first morning. I got the whole come as a customer leave as family line too.

11-Dec-18
Damn Justin, thats a jagged pill to swallow. Sorry to hear that.

12-Dec-18
Looks like Jerry reached out to his buddies and asked them to make a favorable post for him. Hey Jerry, this looks bad by the way. Maybe not be so obvious next time?

• Sitka Gear