6x6 bull 27-Apr-17
jims 28-Apr-17
Bowfreak 28-Apr-17
jims 28-Apr-17
Bowfreak 28-Apr-17
Florida Mike 28-Apr-17
Ermine 28-Apr-17
27-Apr-17
If you had only one decoy that had movement would you have it in the jake, upright hen, feeding hen, strutter and would you have it in your DSD decoys or in a cheaper plastic decoy on the edge of the spread?

28-Apr-17
The more time I spend gobbler hunting the more I learn the importance of movement of decoy/s. I've also noticed that almost nothing gets more attention and reaction from toms than a moving tom turkey fan! Calling may get a tom to gobble but I can almost instantly see a tom's head turn and his feathers flair when he first spots a moving fan.

28-Apr-17
DSD Jake.

28-Apr-17
I know a lot of guys recommend jakes. If you hunt areas with lots of bachelor groups of jakes....you may notice that single toms are often intimidated by jake decoys. If you live in an area with lots of toms and few jakes it may be totally opposite. Toms may gang up on and beat up jakes! A jake is definitely worth trying out but if you notice toms shying away you may want to try something else. What ever the decoy of choice...decoy movement definitely helps!

28-Apr-17
In all the years I have bowhunted turkeys in KY I have never had a Jake come to my decoys. I had a few in the past while gun hunting but only a few.

80% of the time I only use a lone Jake.

28-Apr-17
I echo "Jims", I recently hunted in Texas and there the jakes gang up on the mature Toms and beat them down. But those Rios didn't seem to like hen decoys either. Mike

28-Apr-17

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
The movement of this popping up inthe grass seems to do the trick!

• Sitka Gear