MNRazorhead 30-Apr-17
JDM 30-Apr-17
snapcrackpop 01-May-17
Jethro 01-May-17
Knight Archer 01-May-17
snapcrackpop 10-May-17
Longbeard 10-May-17
30-Apr-17
Got a turkey yesterday. Gun kill so no pics or stories. I plucked this one, although I normally just skin it. Some of you guys shoot alot of birds, what do you normally do? It is in a salt brine now and we are going to roast it just like Thanksgiving, but wouldn't mind hearing other ways you guys prepare.

30-Apr-17
I slice the breast into strips and fry it. I make a mixture of cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soup, lipton's onion soup mix, sour cream, and milk in a crock pot and add the meat. I cook on high until the gravy starts bubbling, then turn down to medium for a couple hours, then low. Put it over mashed potatoes and it is awesome! The meat literally melts in your mouth.

30-Apr-17
I brined the last one for 16 hrs. Coated with olive oil, salt and pepper, then smoked for three hours. Then wrapped in couple layers of tin foil, placed in open roasting pan. Roasted at 170 degrees for one hour per pound.

30-Apr-17
Jerky, turkey nuggets, or turkey strips. The kids eat it all as fast as it gets made!

30-Apr-17
Never cooked a wild one,but always cook store bought ones in a cooking bag,rubbed with butter,salt and pepper,and inside stuffed with parsley and onions,and cooked breast down.keeps it moist.

30-Apr-17

pointingdogs's embedded Photo
pointingdogs's embedded Photo
I debone the breast. I then slice the breast in half (so the breast is "HALF AS THICK" not half as wide). That's clear as mud. I then slice the 1/2 breast into strips as wide as a slice of bacon. Take these strips and place in "Jack Daniels Marinade-in-a-bag". Southern Mesquite is my favorite marinade..... on the top shelf in Walmart (it's in a foil bag). Marinade in the refrig. over night. Take out and wrap each strip in bacon. Hold bacon in place with a toothpick. Place on grill for about 15 minutes. Very tasty and the guests love them. I call them "turkey broils"

30-Apr-17
THAT looks good!

30-Apr-17
Pointingdogs has it! I tried it last year for the first time and it was fantastic!

01-May-17
1) Brining 2)The tenderizer mallet is your friend.

By Far our favorite is the Helmans Parmesan Crusted Chicken recipie. 2 parts mayo, one part graded Parmesan cheese blended & spread on portion-sized, tenderized turkey breasts. Coat with crushed bread crumbs(Stove top stuffing) & bake at 425 for 20 minutes.

01-May-17
Lots of different and interesting ideas. Thanks.

01-May-17

Knight Archer's embedded Photo
Knight Archer's embedded Photo
Here's my favorite recipe I found in the NWTF magazine-- turkey breast roll-ups. 1/2 turkey breast, bacon, 1 cup Italian salad seasoning, 1/4 cup soy sauce, 1 tablesp garlic powder, raw spaghetti cut the turkey in finger sizes, marinate for 2 hours in the ingredients, then wrap bacon around turkey fingers, and hold in place with raw spaghetti. Broil in oven or on grill about 8 minutes per side.

10-May-17

snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
snapcrackpop's embedded Photo
Turkey breast cut into portion sized pieces, hammered with tenderizer mallet, fried in butter with morels & lemon pepper.

10-May-17
Debone every bit of meat I can pull off the bird, Course grind, then for every 4 lbs bird I grind a Lb. of bacon, medium grind the 2 together after a good hand mixing, adding seasonings as you mix(I use cajun, spicy jalapeno, and a red pepper mix) then make into burger patties. Killed 2 birds this spring, and ended up with a total of 60- quarter lb. burgers in the freezer. Throw on the grill with some swiss cheese and a good kaiser roll.

• Sitka Gear