razorsharp 05-May-17
razorsharp 05-May-17
razorsharp 05-May-17
razorsharp 05-May-17
APauls 05-May-17
05-May-17

razorsharp's embedded Photo
Borrowed from another site, too awesome not to share.

05-May-17
Very Nice!

05-May-17
Gotta love the shadow of the arrow! Perfect placement. Can't tell what the broadhead might be though.

05-May-17
I don't think that's the braodhead, I think it's the fetching, it already went through. Look at the shoulder, and the way it's jumping.

05-May-17
If you look real close you can almost see between the arrow and the body is lightly shaded, like blood flying out? Maybe I'm just seeing things, but that's what it looks like

05-May-17
Its sweet for sure, but when you start breaking it down its hard to understand. Blood streaking or not, based on the shadows clear separation from the animal, either something is photoshopped or thats a really short arrow.

05-May-17
Looks like arrow is exiting (shadow below). Arrow goes out of the photo, so it's not shorter than normal. Blood vapor is streaking out so it looks like a continuation of the arrow, but from the shadow below the arrow has passed through.

Very interesting photo!

05-May-17
Something clearly doesn't make sense. First thing I see is arrow shadow on the far side, but it looks like an arrow exiting the animal. Double check the shadow. Nope, definitely the arrow has exited the animal which makes you question what is coming out of the animal? Can't be like a "blood vapour trail" because it just magically started a little bit after the arrow went through? Second arrow is the only thing that makes sense according to the image, but what Wildebeast just waits around for another arrow? Stranger things have happened, but much easier to make strange appear via photoshop.

05-May-17
Very nice photo, however, how is there a shadow of the fletch and the broken arrow commig out of the wildebeest? I guess the arrow broken whe it hit the wildebeest ?

05-May-17
Wow, you guys must be seeing things I'm not, I don't see the arrow at all, just its shadow, and the shadow( in the bottom left) is 1/4 way out of the pic. The "vaper blood trail" is very faint but seems to be in line with the arrow shadow, between the shadow fetching and the body. I don't see any arrow on the "far" side of the wildebeast. It looks like a still of a video, maybe you guys are more perseptive than me, but everything looks right to me

05-May-17
Though Im no expert, I'd imagine the "vapor blood trail" would be drug by the fletchings, and it clearly is not. The distance between arrow and animal should allow the arrow to be fully visible, it looks to be about or less than 1' out which would leave the actual arrow in the still shot. If we are wrong so be it, it would be really cool to see the film; its not often you get the opposite side of a pass thru.

05-May-17
Very nice photo, however, how is there a shadow of the fletch and the broken arrow commig out of the wildebeest? I guess the arrow broken whe it hit the wildebeest ?

05-May-17
What broken arrow, I don't see any arrow in the pic except the shadow

05-May-17
I was told by the owner that the difference in the arrow and the shadow is because of the way the camera renders the image from top to bottom. The lower part of the image is a few thousandths of a second behind the top. I'm no camera expert. There are before, this one and two later frames. These are stills from a video. I will attempt to post a link.

05-May-17

https://youtu.be/zpIp7hNIbhg

05-May-17

Well, the link didnt work but you can copy and paste it I guess. Above is the before pic. Here is the one after the shadow pic.

05-May-17

05-May-17
Your explanation on photography is correct. Never thought of that. Your last pic shows a proper "vapour trail," because the first pic it is the front half of the arrow sticking out. Yes the way a camera processes the image is top to bottom so the middle portion is taken before the bottom so how crazy is that that the arrow was still going fast enough coming OUT of the wildebeast that the difference in process timing from the middle to bottom of the frame the arrow has moved like 4 feet?! Considering all this has happened inside 1 frame that was probably 1/60th of a second!

• Sitka Gear