t-roy 19-May-17
Grasshopper 19-May-17
CO Oak 19-May-17
05-May-17
My moose points are gone it has begun!

05-May-17
Mine too.

06-May-17
Fingers crossed. Man, I want a Moose tag!

06-May-17
This being my 30th year putting in for Colorado moose without drawing a tag I'm afraid to look!

06-May-17
Good luck!

06-May-17
I know it's still to early but I can't help but check every couple hours to see if the back doors open........

06-May-17
I know it's still to early but I can't help but check every couple hours to see if the back doors open........

06-May-17
Back door must not be open, I'm not showing a 500 code yet. :)

08-May-17
FWIW - Last year the backdoor for moose opened on May 18th

08-May-17
Last year moose license quotas were approved by the Commission on May 12. This year they were approved on May 5.

08-May-17
I'm told the statewide Moose auction tag sold last week for a record $62k. Kinda makes the NR license fee look like loose change.

08-May-17
No correlation at all but if that's the line, then that makes the resident fee near free......

09-May-17
Thankfully! At least we can get a few perks as a resident! Colorado is not very friendly from a cost of living or taxes, so we probably end up paying a lot more to live here and pay taxes than all the hunting tags put together in the long run!

09-May-17
Yes we're all fortunate that the state-issued tags are not priced based on the demand. Colorado has some of the best Moose in the west, and an expanding herd. And not coincidentally the only state having Shiras Moose and no wolves. Let's hope it lasts!

09-May-17
I keep checking.... No 500 code yet and point are gone...

10-May-17
Any backdoor hits for 500 codes, yet?

10-May-17
One guy on the CO forum reported he has a cow tag

10-May-17
yep. 8pointer drew his 2nd cow moose tag

10-May-17
Just looked this morning. I have a 500 code for a cow moose.

10-May-17
No go for me again.... guess I'll have to look into an extra deer tag or 2 to keep me entertained

10-May-17
The backdoor isn't always correct 100% btw... I only showed an APP for Goat even up to the night they before they officially released the results. I didn't show a 500 code until the day they were officially announced.

10-May-17
Even the front door results have been known to be wrong my mom's 2014 antelope tag everything said she didn't draw even after the tag showed up in the mail.

10-May-17
Good luck to all those with moose apps.

Glad I didn't draw cow moose. I was worried when applied with 3+2 points and then found out I'll have 2 primo elk tags, one in NM and a pretty sure thing in CO.

12-May-17
Anybody draws unit 8, dropened me a line. ...Happy to help.

12-May-17
Does a 575 code mean you drew? Mine says: 2017 - 575 RES MOOSE

12-May-17
Looks like you drew a tag

12-May-17
Congratulations to all the lucky ones! Hope to see some great moose whacked this fall in Colorado!

15-May-17
I have a 575 code for bull moose - Grand Mesa. Only took 19 years. Almost went for a cow tag to increase odds before I perish from this earth, but decided to try for bull one more year.

16-May-17
575 Code bull moose unit 19 !!

16-May-17
Congratulations ernie and GSU! Hope you guys have great hunts!

16-May-17
No archery moose tag, yet! Maybe next year!

16-May-17
30 years this year with no moose tag. :(

16-May-17
I saw where a 16 year old kid drew a bull moose tag - first time applying - maybe 'Ermine' will post more specifics about that :)

17-May-17
A friend's wife drew here for a Bull Tag, he's concerned as he has a Goat license

17-May-17

18-May-17
Yea true story. Ruger (16 years old) drew a bull tag his first year in the draw (3+0 points).

I apologize to those who have been putting in for so long. Doesn't seem fair. I usually curse those who draw with minimal points ...haha but this time I'm a part of the other side

crazy luck!

19-May-17
I know of another 16 year old who did the same thing a few years ago, Justin. He then killed a 180" bull with a bow. Hopefully Ruger will have the same success!

19-May-17
I couldn't find much information on Shiras when I drew my tag, but I learned quite a bit chasing them for 2 wks. Happy to share.

19-May-17
Got my Moose refund today. They're sure holding firm to a policy of not posting the results until the scheduled posting date, even if the draw is done much sooner. Understandable I guess, after the big foul-up in the deer draw that happened a couple years ago.

19-May-17
Should move the minimum "gate entry" up to something like 10 or even 15 PPs and then weighted points for moose. Possibly for sheep and goat as well.

19-May-17
or make it a true bonus point system where us high point holders actually get put it in multiple times, instead of this stupid random number algorhythym that gives no preference to points at all and makes it a lottery

19-May-17
I love all the crying on every back door thread!

19-May-17
Not crying just stating a fact that the weighted points mean absolutely nothing. Thanks though

19-May-17
Yep seems like It's random after 3. Seems people with less points always draw the tags I put in for every year even thou I have more.

I guess it's good thou. If they went off the highest point holder many people would never catch up.

19-May-17
nothing says Elk hunting like getting your moose refund in the mail... Hard to complain when you miss all the special tags and still get to hunt 2-3 big game animals each year

19-May-17
Just sucks to sit on max points year after year and see your odds decrease.

Year after Year with this system.

19-May-17
There is always an alternative :) Apply for a cow tag. Your max Pref Points, and draw odds issue will be over!

Stoneman has it right

19-May-17
For my way of thinking, Colorado has the best system going for the extreme demand tags.....Moose, Sheep, & Goat. Much better than their elk draw, in which most people starting today cannot expect to draw the high demand elk tags in their lifetime. Weighted points count for more than most people understand but I'm not going to argue that here. They just don't count as much as some guys want them to. You're either going to have a preference system, or you're not. Either way, one faction or the other will always feel like they are getting shafted. The guys who've applied for years expect to draw and would like more preference. The newbies just want any kind of chance, and the system gives them that. If more preference were given to the long-timers, then you put the screws to all the newbies. The real issue is that there are far too many applicants for every tag. Therefore the plain & simple reality is that not everyone is going to draw in their lifetime. Fortunately, you can still buy a Moose hunt pretty reasonably, and there are a lot of options in a lot of states & provinces.

19-May-17
That's why I suggested a true bonus point system. Then the newbies still have a shot and the longtime applicants have a better chance with more names in the hat so to speak. It is a lot better than the weighted point algorithm non sense we have now.

19-May-17
I DID get my moose refund check back in the mail today!........but the wife got to it before I did :-(

19-May-17
I don't know how you can ever have a good draw system when you have 12,000 applicants for a couple hundred tags. Odds are you will never draw in your lifetime. That said, I drew with 3 and 9, and it was a pleasant surprise.

I'm renovating my house, just how tall a ceiling does a guy need for a moose head?

19-May-17
Orion, go read sticksender's post in the goat forum.

Ernie, congrats on the tag. Let me know if you need a packer.

• Sitka Gear