Brotsky 12-May-17
fubar racin 12-May-17
lewis 12-May-17
11-May-17

drycreek's embedded Photo
Good Times !
drycreek's embedded Photo
Good Times !
I got a letter and a picture today from a girl from Sioux Falls, SD. No, my wife is not jealous, because she was in on it from the get-go. In today's world, where we marvel at the ingratitude of our fellow man, and especially young people, I'm here to tell you it ain't that way at Brotsky's house ! You see, the letter I got was from Kia, thanking me for the small part I played in getting her to California to hunt turkeys. All I can say is: Thank you Kia, for letting me be a part of the experience ! I'm framing this letter and the picture to remind me of the good things in life !

11-May-17
Props to all involved. Drycreek, display your framings with pride. Brotsky, you should be proud as well, as i am sure you very much are. You Cali boys are special as well....

11-May-17
Good people gravitate to good people!!

11-May-17
She'll be excited to know you received it Don. I'll be excited to be out of the doghouse with her since I was supppsed to have mailed them a couple weeks ago! Ha! Heck I was supposed to deliver Scoot's in person and I completely forgot! It's a darn good thing I have good women in my life to keep me on task! Thank you for your kind comments, I give all the credit to her mother:)

11-May-17
Amen to Moms!

11-May-17
Way to go too all involved especially Kia!

11-May-17
X2 Hunt and Charlie!

11-May-17
Very nice all the way around!

11-May-17

Zackman's embedded Photo
Zackman's embedded Photo
Just got home to my office and found a letter of my own. Thank you so much, Kia. And thanks to the Cali boys for putting this together for our next generation.

I often worry about the future of bowhunting--and this country. If we had 100 million more Kia's, I wouldn't worry one bit!

11-May-17
Good for you Zack !

11-May-17
Wow simply awesome in many ways!!!! Kia is one awesome girl who has been brought up right... as Zack said we need more kia's in this world. Kia continues to impress me with her actions.... joe (I'm sure I can speak for him) and I are very lucky to be part of her journey even if it's a small part and it's not over as we will have the brotsky back for redemption! Again thanks to the others for helping out in this adventure in her life. This is special and means a lot to me. Quite honestly things in life that touch your heart and mean a lot aren't expected and some times don't hit you emotionally until later as this has done to me. This may be the only time I've posted something sappy on Bowsite but this deserves my honesty. This spring is one I will never forget for this alone!

11-May-17
^^^^^ Kudos to you and Joe for helping make it happen !

12-May-17
Chris, don't get too sappy yet, there's a box coming for you, Joe, and your family:) Kia promised Gia she would send her the same stickers she used so she could make her own "future of hunting" sign and Kia hasn't forgotten! We haven't been able to find those exact stickers on a couple trips around town but Kia and halfpintmom are on a mission this weekend! Ha!

Thanks again for the kind words guys. Kia is a great kid, but Bowsite is full of great families and great kids. I've had the pleasure of meeting Chris, his wonderful wife,and his amazing little girl and had the chance to hunt with Scoot and Ryan just this spring. I know there's dozens more families on Bowsite just like ours. As bowsiters we might argue and bicker about fixed or mech, trad or training wheels, good or bad videos, and anything else you could think of but at the end of the day we are all bowhunters, all brothers and sisters, mothers, fathers, and friends. I know a lot of times in my life it has taken a special little girl to set me straight and realize what it's all about.. It's very humbling for me to see her have that effect on others. I just think about how much fun it would be to get all these kids together for a hunt sometime, oh the memories we could make!

12-May-17
You guys feeling all sappy and happy, send me some care packages. Arrows please... Ha! :) Great job, Kia, Justin, Chris and Joe!

12-May-17
Very well said Brotsky

12-May-17
Well guys! What a blessing!

God Bless,

Scar.

12-May-17
Glad I could be part of this whole story. Thanks everyone for helping and Justin and Kia for the memories. One of my favorite spring memories for sure!!

12-May-17

GhostBird's embedded Photo
GhostBird's embedded Photo
I got one too. It was my pleasure to make a turkey call for Kia. I hope it will forever remind her of her journey. In today's world of electronic communication, there is a special sense of joy when you receive a simple hand written thank you note. Thank you Kia, but the pleasure was all mine. I have the photo posted right above my monitor at work to remind me of all the good people in this world. Thanks again Chris & Joe for all you do for the bowhunting community. Sorry Chris... no offense meant with the Pillsbury Doughboy magnet patting you on the butt.

12-May-17
FYI...everyone who helped Kia out had a letter sent to them. You guys know who you are, if you see this and you didn't get one or one doesn't show up in the very near future please let me know! She wants to make sure everyone knows how important this was to her! Thanks!

12-May-17
This is awesome guys kudos to all!

12-May-17
Been fortunate enough be involved in many stories similar to this one thru my years great memories w ish we had taken more pictures great picture and great story congrats .in a few mango seasons as my old buddy Flip Pallot would say it will even mean more.Lewis

• Sitka Gear