DonVathome 17-May-17
sticksender 17-May-17
BULELK1 18-May-17
Chasewild 18-May-17
Scar Finga 18-May-17
Treeline 18-May-17
DonVathome 18-May-17
17-May-17
I know it is bowsite but wanted to share. I got lucky and drew the only NR S32 rifle ewe tag as a second choice, and got another preference point.

Love these female hunts! In the last few years 2 cow elk in WY, cow bison, nanny ibex, now ewe. I might try bow the first few days.

17-May-17
I do have one question, will it hurt me to arrive a week into the season? Ram and ewe season is the same time period. I have a camp with my girls opening weekend I do not want to miss.

17-May-17
No. Ewes are the easiest critters to hunt. the closer to the rut the easier it gets.

17-May-17
Thanks, I am not anticipating a hard hunt tbh.

17-May-17
The S32 ewe hunt over the last 10 years has had a poor success rate. Especially by bow, but even some of the riflers struggle. A rifle hunt should be a no-brainer with proper scouting of some the areas well away from Georgetown, but take nothing for granted. Trying to hunt the 'highway herd' at Georgetown can be an exercise in futility due to the 1/4 mile restriction. If I had the tag again and was bowhunting, I'd want to arrive a few days BEFORE the opener, and plan to spend the whole season on the unit. Good luck!

18-May-17
+1 Greg!!

On my S32 bow Ram hunt a few years back I talked to a few bow Ewe hunters over my 8 days hunting on the mountain and they were having a hell of a time getting on a Ewe with the bow.

It seemed like most of them said they would road hunt and find the ewes down low and safe with in the 1/4 mile rule.

Granted with a gun it shouldn't be much of a hunt/challenge but ya never know with so many hunts/hunters already chasing them around before the OP's hunt dates.

18-May-17
Hunted ewes in 15 in that Unit and it was anything but a cakewalk. Rifle wouldn't be hard, but getting in close was tougher than I thought.

18-May-17
Congratulations on the tag and good luck on your hunt! Being there for the opener is always the best option, period! You can't really argue that since any abnormal activity in area will cause the animals to change their behavior and routine.

Scar.

18-May-17
Take the time with the girls! That is more important than any hunt. The sheep will still be there.

Hunted them with a bow years ago in there. They were not what I would call super easy to hunt. Probably less difficult with a rifle, though. You still may have some trouble finding them past the 1/4 mile restriction zones, though. Good Luck!

18-May-17
Thanks guys and good to know this is not a slam dunk.

• Sitka Gear