MQQSE 26-May-17
MPN 27-May-17
Alexis Desjardins 27-May-17
Ibow 27-May-17
Zebrakiller 30-May-17
Brotsky 30-May-17
CObowhunter 30-May-17
26-May-17
I wanted to do this review where everyone can see it as opposed To just the regular old outfitter review.

I first contacted Alexis about a year ago wanting to do a bear hunt with him. We've all seen the results this man achieves with his outfit.

I had to wait for a cancellation before I could proceed. I was actually in the book cliffs with the one and only BB helping him and his son on their Utah summer bear bait hunt.

I sent him the money for my then 17 year old son, and myself.

He held the spots for us and I later asked him if it was ok if my then 7 year old son, Jeffrey could come along, to which he didn't even hesitate to say YES! The year flew by rather quickly, as they always do. I'd called him multiple times, talked his ear off about our upcoming hunt.

A bit of background, I know how to bait bears, my sons and me have done so very successfully through the years, thanks to BB.

He's passed on a mountain of knowledge to his son, Cody, me, Jeff Dumas. And my sons, Kolton and Jace Dumas.

Anyways, we arrived in Manitoba on Sunday, May 21st.

Right away, Alexis and his wife April were extremely accommodating. Their outfit is extremely organized, runs like a well oiled machine. And I personally have never met 2 harder working people in my life. And beyond humble.

Alexis flat works his guts out for his clients. His wife flat works her guts out around their house and ranch, and keeps these hunters in everything they could possibly imagine.

My hope is that I can return with Alexis in 2019 again, I'd go in 2018, but he's full.

The bear hunting is top notch, the set ups are great, he works his baits, keeps up and them and always has a fresh memory card for anyone to look at anytime.

I can't say enough good about this man and his family.

He doesn't keep anything from anybody, it's all out on the table.

I have been on a decent amount of guided hunts. And so far, I'm about 50/50 on experiences.

His definitely is the best experience I have had. And I've had a couple that were flat amazing. But Alexis and his family are top notch and I wanted to at least post this to let anyone know that if you're on the fence about this mans outfit....don't be. The experience was amazing. I killed my best bear to date, with my 8 year old son watching. And he watched his 18 year old brother kill his best bear to date as well.

Jeff Dumas

26-May-17
Ditto all of the above. I've read where people have said that you arrive as a client and leave as a friend. Definitely true. He's made a LOT of people very happy over the years and he's also made a lot of friends along the way. Just a great family.

26-May-17
Very good to hear! I've never met the man but the Lord willing next May I'm going to and looking forward to it ! I'll I've heard is great things about him and his family and to top it off he's my brother in Christ ??

26-May-17
Pictures?

26-May-17

MQQSE's embedded Photo
Desjardins is the best.
MQQSE's embedded Photo
Desjardins is the best.
He is the best!

Here is some proof.

I was in camp the same week as Jeff and his sons. My Son Adam and I had planned a trip for him since 2001. We finally made it happen.

When Alexis was dropping my son and I off at the stand, my son noticed he forgot his hat. As a good father I gave him mine. That afternoon the sun was high in the sky and shining brightly, so I looked at Alexis with the hopes he had an extra hat in the truck and thus asked him if he had one.

These pics show his generosity and the results of the lucky hat!

Thanks Alexis!

26-May-17

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo

26-May-17

MQQSE's embedded Photo
MQQSE's embedded Photo

27-May-17
So great to hear!

27-May-17
Couldn't agree more!

You won't find better people than Alexis, April, Terry and Alan, salt of the earth. We would all do well to emulate their kindness and generosity. Those that know them understand me.

As for the bear hunting, I have been on 3 guided bear hunts. Twice with Mike's and now Desjardins....you can't go wrong with either. I am hopeful this won't be my last with Desjardins!

Excellent hunting operation!

Thanks much Ibow for the recommendation.

27-May-17
You guys r the best me and April read the posts we r thankful for having yous at our camp we r not perfect but we try our best. thank you for the kind words.

27-May-17
You're very welcome MPN.

We can't wait to see a buddy of mine & his wife from right here at home who also just came back from a week with Alexis & April. He took his wife with him and from her posts on FB, I think SHE had just as good a time as her husband did!

30-May-17
awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30-May-17
Good stuff Jeff! I've never met Alexis personally but just from comments on Bowsite and other interactions I agree that he is a first rate gentlemen and definitely on my short list of folks I'd like to hunt with! Awesome hunt, those memories will last a lifetime!

30-May-17
Congrats to you and your son DConcrete! You too Moose! My wife are going in May of 2018 with Alexis and April we are beyond excited cant get here fast enough!!

• Sitka Gear