Rut Nut 30-May-17
Brotsky 30-May-17
RonS 31-May-17
Teeton 31-May-17
Ironbow 31-May-17
29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Well today will be my final day of the 2017 spring season. It's May 29th it's rain pretty good here in Northeast Pa and it's my Birthday.

It's gotten pretty dark and the rain is really coming down. So far my double bull blind has been keeping me dry. It's so dark 6:45am that it will not take a pic of the inside of my blind. I wanted to post a pic of the floor of my blind with my bow.

I had one bird gobble right after day break and all's been quite since.

Sorry about the miss spelled title. I guess I had fan on my mind when I was typing it out.

29-May-17
Rains still coming down pretty good, but it's brighten up some.

I decided with this heavy rain I'm taking the first legal bird be it a big Tom or jake. I past a few jake up earlier in the season.

29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Here's a pic looking out to the north. About 60 yds out from my window there's a hay field then last year's corn field

29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Brighten up enough for a inside blinds shots. My bow is a Struthers Rush XT set at 70-29. I get about 298fps shooting a 400gr victory vforce 350.

29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Head open it 2 inches
Teeton's embedded Photo
Head open it 2 inches
Teeton's embedded Photo
Headclosed
Teeton's embedded Photo
Headclosed
Teeton's embedded Photo
One more. Sorry about the poor quality of the photos
Teeton's embedded Photo
One more. Sorry about the poor quality of the photos
For the first time in many years I'm not using my trusted rocket hammerhead. As for the life of me could not find them, I had what I thought was 6 left. So I'm using a head that my friend gAve me. I'm not even sure of the name. They shoot good and I took a bird earlier this season with them. Here are a few pic of the head I'm using.

29-May-17
The rain has let up some, so I gave a few soft clucks and then a minute later a few yelps and bam I got a gobble out about 150 I guess. With rain it's hard to tell how far he really is.

29-May-17
You still in the blind? Radar looks like you're getting dumped on?

29-May-17
I sure am still in. Rain let up some, but still coming down. I was a little windy earlier but that calmed down.

Had what I think is two birds gobble down below me. Heard one and then 30 seconds later anothet one below,, but to the west.

29-May-17
I just realized that I spelled final wrong in the title of my thread. . Me bad.

29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Well this guy came in, but stayed out at 37 yds. I only saw himI at first but then saw a hen above him. The hen moved up into the field above me. Towing the gobbler right behind her. He pay little attention to my decoys.. He may of fanned out for them. He only fanned for 30 seconds then followed the hen.

29-May-17
Good luck, Ed! Happy birthday!

29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Here's a photo I took at the beginning of turkey season. One,, I'm to the right about 50 yds of that yellowish Round Tree and in about 60 yds. Two, that field i took the pic from is where the hen and gobbler just went to.

29-May-17
Leaving work now. Hope tomorrow I get to find out, you got one. Good luck. Looks like rain is about done for north of 84

29-May-17
Yes Jethro, rain seems to be letting up.

I'm going to get a little more aggressive with my calling. Hopping the hen dumps that gobble from earlier.

Hopping his mine set is more like " one in the bush (that's me calling) is better than one in the field that just dumped me"!!!!!!!

29-May-17
Well, no trophy pic, so I assume you struck out. Sometimes it's hard to create a "love triangle" ! The only times I've been able to kill a Tom that's with a hen, is when I've made the hen mad enough that she tows him into range. There's always next year !

29-May-17
HEY!!! I'm not done yet! I've got couple of more hours left . It's only 10:50 am

29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
This girl came by.. Sure helps pass the time.

29-May-17
Sorry Teeton, I got my dates cross-corrugated ! Thought it was yesterday ! :-(

29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Well at about 11:45 I looked to the west side of my blind and catch movement. It's a Jake. So being that I only have till 1pm to hunt, as I have to goto a stupid barbecue with my girlfriend. Evern thought its raining and today is the last day I'll have to hunt as the season closes on Wednesday. I'm gong to shoot this Jake if he gives me a shot.

29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
Well a few minutes later I got to take this picture...

29-May-17
I was afraid to read post after seeing the thread title!

29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
And right before it hit the tree, it hit this.

29-May-17
Oldgoat, I wish we had a way to fix miss spelled titles.

29-May-17

Teeton's embedded Photo
Teeton's embedded Photo
In this picture you can see my blind in the back ground. I laid the bird down right where he was standing when I hit him. You can also see the tree with I hope the arrow still in it in the foreground.

29-May-17
Congrats Teeton! Way to stick it out, and awesome deal filling both tags

29-May-17
Well, whoopee ! Congrats Teeton on the (literally) last minute looking-like-a-drowned-rat jake ! Better late than never.......

29-May-17
A good BD present for sure. NIce. Paul

29-May-17
Awesome! Congrats and happy birthday!

29-May-17
Thanks for the responses and birthday wishes

29-May-17
Happy birthday and congrats on a last day bird!

29-May-17
Nice ending to a rainy PA day.

29-May-17
Happy birthday!!!

Nicely done!!!

Mark

29-May-17
Nice Ed, way to go Brother

bill v

29-May-17
Congrats on your birthday bird Teton!

30-May-17
Just what I was hoping to read. Nice job. Nothing like scoring on the last day of the season.

30-May-17
WTG Ed! And Happy Birthday! A great end to the season and a cool birthday present! :)

What's that broadhead you are using?

30-May-17
Well done Ed! Congrats! Always a nice way to end any season!

31-May-17
Congrats Ed. Well, I guess that proves it..... it is the operator of the bow and not the broadhead that matter most. Congrats on sticking it out through the lousy weather and filling your tag. Looks like some good eats.

31-May-17
Thanks everyone.

Now that turkeys over, what do I do till the next season..

I guess I'll have to wait for the United Bowhunters of Pa 5c hunt that they put on in the middle of September. That hunt is just a blast. 60 plus guys and girl camped out that all have a love for bowhunting. I don't know of anyother group hunt like that anywhere in the USA. Ed

31-May-17
All I got was lots of mosquito bites.

Congrats!

• Sitka Gear