Bears
Contributors to this thread:
gunslinger 31-May-17
gunslinger 31-May-17
njbuck 31-May-17
gunslinger 31-May-17
Kurt 02-Jun-17
31-May-17
Well after we went 30-30 on our Kamchatka brown bear hunts and huge success on spring black bear again this year I'm home for a couple days and leave tomorrow for British Columbia with clients for grizzly bear, This is a great hunt for Mountian grizzly but should not be mistaken for a easy hunt m, out of the North American 29 I beleive this is the 3rd hardest animal to harvest,

I do have spots open for next year as our quota increased this year actually on this hunt. 9000$ down with a 5000$ kill fee once harvested or wounded, contact me if interested guys

31-May-17

gunslinger's embedded Photo
gunslinger's embedded Photo

31-May-17
Pat, out of curiosity, what do you consider the first and second hardest animals in NA to get?

31-May-17
I consider the bighorn ram and the stone sheep as the #1 and #2 of the hardest hunts , logistically , financially, and physically challenging. Then out of the mid range priced animals the mountain grizzly bear can be a serious 3rd, extremely smart animals with great sense of smell and a 6th sense for trouble, .

02-Jun-17
Pat, where do you rate bowhunting Dall sheep and Mountain Caribou on the 29 toughest to easiest list?

And by the way, I agree that Bighorns pre-rut, Stones and Mt Grizzlies are tough with a bow. I spent over 60 days and 5 to 6 seasons hunting each species to finally get lucky enough to arrow them. Lucky I was a resident of a state or province where I could hunt hunt them.

• Sitka Gear