BOWUNTR 02-Jun-17
Joey Ward 02-Jun-17
BOHNTR 02-Jun-17
CJE 02-Jun-17
Ole Coyote 02-Jun-17
kota-man 02-Jun-17
Glunt@work 02-Jun-17
01-Jun-17
OK all, tell the truth, would some of you miss coyote hunting if there were none around? I see people having so much fun hunting and trapping coyotes year round that I think some of you would actually miss it. I understand the headaches with them, destroying a kill left overnight, fawn/calf predation, and everything else that goes along with them, but who would actually miss hunting them if there were none around? I watch you tube videos and guys are having a blast hunting them with expensive callers and specialized equipment decked out just for coyote hunting. You know who you are, don't hide....lol

I guess the same would be true for hogs down south, something to hunt year round. I'm not a troll or coyote lover, I hunt them like many others. I have respect for them in their ability to survive after all these years of being heavily hunted with essentially no closed season.....just wondering if you serious coyote hunters would miss it.......Have at it.

01-Jun-17

Zim's embedded Photo
Shot on the Utah Muzzleloader
Zim's embedded Photo
Shot on the Utah Muzzleloader
Yes, I definitely would. I try to do a couple hunts every winter and opportunistically shoot them when I can. I smoked this one last October on a Muzzleloader hunt and just got the pelt back this spring.

01-Jun-17
I don't hunt them, they are not a problem here. I have no desire to hunt them.

01-Jun-17
Ive shot a ton of coyotes. Its fun to do in the winter, but I wouldnt miss it if there werent many around.

01-Jun-17
Eliminating them will never be a problem. Coyotes and possum will walk on mankinds graves.

01-Jun-17
I was hoping Pat would chime in lol. I don't think I've ever met anyone who loves to hate them more!

Don't think I'd miss em if the deer hunting was way better. Too much good fishing around here

01-Jun-17
I don't hunt them year round but I hunt them all fall and winter. If there were none around I would miss hunting them a lot.

01-Jun-17
I trap them and hunt them opportunistically. I wouldn't miss them if they were gone (not that that will ever happen).

01-Jun-17
I definitely would! If I'm having decent success when calling them in, there's not many things hunting wise that compares IMO.

01-Jun-17
No. Hogs neither. That will never be a problem with any varmint though, so it's kind of a rhetorical question.

01-Jun-17
I don't like hunting them, I hate the darn things, I shoot them to get rid of them, and if I could make them all gone (in VA) I would.

01-Jun-17
I enjoy the challenge in trying to thin them out. The problem is that coyotes are common in my area, but coyote hunting and trapping are extremely rare. Very few people do it anymore. So my effort in taking a few dozen per year off my farm of a few hundred acres, has virtually no impact on the local coyote population.

02-Jun-17
I enjoy calling them........great off-season bowhunting opportunity.

02-Jun-17
It's kind of the same with bowfishing carp. Invasive species yes, but awful fun to shoot.

02-Jun-17
No matter what I'm hunting, if I see a coyote it turns into a coyote hunt! I'd miss hunting them. Just starting to get into calling and have plans to do quite a bit more of it this next winter. I'd prefer less coyotes as all of us would but I like having them around to keep me busy in the winter months!

02-Jun-17

BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
BOWUNTR's embedded Photo
Yep... keeps me sharp. Ed F

02-Jun-17
I agree with Fuzzy.

Tell ya what I miss..............covey rise of bobwhites, busting bunnies out of their daytime beds, the number of turkeys that once roamed the woods, red and grey fox, fox squirrels, chipmunks, the number of fawns on early fall sits.......................

Can't blame all of it on the coyotes, but they've played a huge part of it in the last 20 years.

02-Jun-17
Ed:

You are a BAMoFo on those song dogs with a bow and arrow! VERY impressive.

02-Jun-17
Heck yeah I would miss it. I love calling them in and its a great winter activity once bowhunting season ends. I mean, Who doesn't like to hear the bullet hit and watch one fold up in its tracks?

02-Jun-17
Ole Coyote here, lol! You guys will never get all of us but keep trying I really enjoy the snacks you leave for us. Please stop the poisons thought they are making th mountain lions ver sick which ruins Saturday nights at the disco.

02-Jun-17
I'd miss it BIG TIME. They are my winter recreation and excercise program.

02-Jun-17
I would miss them. If they were good to eat they would be about the perfect game animal. Smart, challenging, nice fur and the more you shoot the more they make.

• Sitka Gear