MathewsMan 08-Jun-17
Treeline 08-Jun-17
midwest 08-Jun-17
Nesser 08-Jun-17
JDECK 08-Jun-17
MathewsMan 12-Jun-17
Jaquomo 12-Jun-17
08-Jun-17
Anyone have any insight on unit 2 Colorado mule deer? I drew a muzzy tag. Hunted Colorado 10 years with a bow for elk, mostly wilderness areas. Have never been to the northwest part of the state. Thank you

08-Jun-17
Good deer but they tend to disappear after they shed velvet in the first week of archery. Scout to learn the country, but any bucks you find in the summer most likely won't be there by the time ML starts.

Good luck! The big bulls you'll see will blow your doors off.

08-Jun-17
Are you in that unit often?

08-Jun-17
Used to but after I burned my elk points a couple years ago I don't go there anymore. I know guys who archery deer hunt unit 2 whenever they can draw a tag. They try to get one in the first 5-6 days before they shed velvet and disappear (depending upon season start dates). The mature bucks we watched all summer gradually disappeared as the velvet came off.

08-Jun-17
That seems to be what people are saying. Are those guys getting into good bucks the first part of archery?

08-Jun-17
I think my co-worker drew a 201 tag for archery- since he requested archery season off!

08-Jun-17
Elk or deer, Scott? Had a buddy hunting deer in 201 last year.

I drew 2 for archery elk. Hope I can make a lot of time for it... Unless I can get lucky like Jaquomo ;)

08-Jun-17
Dang, Treeline....good luck and I hope you post up a story!

08-Jun-17
Not sure there was much luck in Lou's hunt....he and his buddy surgically went in and killed two bombers

08-Jun-17
Does anyone know the NR archery deer tag holder?

12-Jun-17
Tavis- he's hunting deer.

My dad got his bull scored on Friday- net scored 349 5/8". He killed it within 80 yards of where Lou and Mike shot there bulls. I estimated him more in the 325 range, so I guess the bulls that I estimated at 380 and 410 may have been slightly bigger.

12-Jun-17
Congrats to Merle on a killer bull! That's a hot little canyon and seems to produce big bulls on a regular basis for reasons you probably figured out.

• Sitka Gear