Mathews Inc.
NV101-109 Late Deer
Mule Deer
Contributors to this thread:
bbright 11-Jun-17
Tilzbow 12-Jun-17
Tilzbow 12-Jun-17
11-Jun-17
I drew the NV late archery tag for 101-109. Dates are Nov 10-20. I will only be able to go for 7-8 days. If are familiar with the deer patterns that time of year in this area, I'd love to connect with you. So far, it appears the deer densities are down but we'll still see plenty of deer. Getting close to them will be a challenge. With snow high, it would seem that the deer will be lower. Not sure if that means sage country or just the lower hills / valleys. I won't be able to scout this hunt do to other commitments so I need to do my homework remotely.

As the deer come out of the high country, do they tend to migrate to the east or the west? Lots of units to explore and few tags for this hunt. Seems like a good combination. Not sure if my typical backpack hunt will be the best method for this type of hunt.

12-Jun-17
Unless you have extensive backpacking experience in winter conditions along with winter survival training the Rubies aren't the place to backpack in November. As far as migration it tends to be north to south and high to low in this range. There's a ton of private land sourrounding the Rubies and covering much of the winter range and access will be limited so do your research to avoid not having a place to hunt when you arrive and burning a tag. A good starting point is Harrison Pass as that's on the lower and south end of the units you drew and provides access to a large amount of area but that's where a lot of guys hunt.

12-Jun-17
Dbl post

• Sitka Gear