Thunderflight 's embedded Photo
Before
Before
After
After
A few weeks back I bought this bow on ebay. Since I was going to do use it for bow fishing I figured I'd spruce it up. I painted the riser florescent green and the limbs gray. Once they were dry I did a spray paint hydro graphic dip to add the black. After they dried I sprayed three coats of satin clear coat on it. I think she turned out pretty good. Bad thing is my top cam is giving me fits. I think it's out of time and according to multiple youtube.com videos that seems to be an easy fix.

13-Jun-17

longbeard's embedded Photo
longbeard's embedded Photo
I owned a couple of Onieda bows through the years. This was one of the first bucks I ever killed. I believe that was a Strike Eagle also.

14-Jun-17
Don't you change the modules in each cam to adjust the draw length and then loosen the screws up with the star washers to get the cams to time themselves? I had 2 different Oniedas back in the day and that is how to time them if I remember correctly. Cool looking bow but those Strike Eagles were heavy.

14-Jun-17
Nicknamed mine "The TANK Slapper". Make sure you know where the limbs are when you are shooting fish off a boat. Will put you on your knees and make you trigger shy!

14-Jun-17
Paint job is looking good. I also use a Oneida for bowfishing. There is a guy that goes by Skippy on FB now that was on Bowfishingcountry.com that works on and repairs Oneida's

15-Jun-17

arctichill's embedded Photo
arctichill's embedded Photo
Your post brings back some great memories! I used to love my Oneida's. I was 17 in this pic. If you look closely you'll see the outboard limbs of my old Aero-Force X-80 bow strapped to the back of that load. I killed a lot of animals with that bow. One of my local pro-shops used to call me in when someone came in needing work done on an Oneida. These days I'm not sure I could remember the difference between the Power Cable and the Timing Cable. Lol

15-Jun-17
I think the original Screaming Eagles were only 35% let-off. I still have mine somewhere...

16-Jun-17
There's a big FB group called Lever Lovers if you want to connect with other Oneida owners.

16-Jun-17
Please explain the "spray paint hydro graphic dip."

17-Jun-17
The bolt with star washer on the side of the cam is famous for loosening up and throwing off timing

17-Jun-17
Looks great!

17-Jun-17
Looks great!

• Sitka Gear