onX Maps
Looking for Mountian goat hunt BC or AK?
Mountain Goat
Contributors to this thread:
Bowster 30-Jun-17
Stekewood 30-Jun-17
huntinelk 30-Jun-17
Chris S 30-Jun-17
SteveB 30-Jun-17
Bou'bound 30-Jun-17
OFFHNTN 30-Jun-17
Steve H. 30-Jun-17
Mike-TN 30-Jun-17
Bowster 30-Jun-17
Stekewood 30-Jun-17
Bono 30-Jun-17
Bowboy 01-Jul-17
Ron Niziolek 01-Jul-17
Ken 02-Jul-17
coonazz 17-Jul-17
Keef 19-Jul-17
Capra 19-Jul-17
Mad Trapper 20-Jul-17
Medicinemann 20-Jul-17
OFFHNTN 25-Jul-17
B N A A guy 26-Jul-17
OFFHNTN 27-Jul-17
30-Jun-17
I am looking for reccomendations for a good outfitter to take 3 guys Mountian goat hunting in either BC or AK. Who have you used? Who is good, reputable and also who has combo hunts available? Cancellation hunts maybe? What's your guys experience and thoughts?

30-Jun-17
Did you check out the outfitter review section? Lots of good options.

30-Jun-17
I had a very good goat hunt on Kodiak last year. There are a lot of goats there. I did a write up on my trip under Kodiak Goat Hunt Adventure

30-Jun-17
My first choice would be Babine Outfitters. High success rate, reasonable packages, Bowsite sponsors and regular contributors. When I was looking into goats I really liked everything I heard about them.

30-Jun-17
Bolen & Lewis

30-Jun-17
lots of great choices, but not sure who would take three up the mountain. sounds like that could be a bit of a rodeo for goat

30-Jun-17

OFFHNTN's embedded Photo
OFFHNTN's embedded Photo
Elk Valley Bighorn Outfitters out of Cranbrook, BC. I've hunted with them twice. LOTS of goats! I believe that area has the highest concentration of goats anywhere. Not necessarily the largest, 10"+, but the sheer numbers. Mine was 9.5".

30-Jun-17
THREE? LOL.

30-Jun-17
I don't think you will have trouble finding a good outfitter but 3 guys at the same time will likely be your problem. Start calling the recommendations above and see what they say. It won't take long to figure out if it's doable or not.

Mike

30-Jun-17
I appreciate the comments and I suppose the critisisum as well... not 3 guys going up the Mountian at a time. 3 guys 3 guides each seperate but from the same base preferred. Avid bow hunter myself and the other two are rifle hunters. The outfitter pages are abundant but I want to hear from people that have actually gone on these hunts and can give accurate feedback not internet riff. Thanks.

30-Jun-17
Did you check out the outfitter review section?

30-Jun-17
I hunted with Dennis Zadra in Córdoba Alaska Nice place, a lot of goats Very tough hunt and a lot of rain He has great Guides and top equipment, be prepare to ver wet !!!

01-Jul-17
Bolen & Lewis

01-Jul-17
Kodiak Outdoor Adventures. Paul Chervenak. 907-654-3008.

02-Jul-17
I've been on a mountain goat hunt but the outfitter I went with doesn't have 3 guides and the areas he hunts wouldn't support 3 people hunting.

You can rule out any glacier lake, float plane hunt. A typical glacier lake only has a few mountains within reach to hunt and one person might have to hunt all of the available mountains just to have a shot at one goat.

The only way I can see 3 people hunting together is a late season yacht base hunt.

17-Jul-17
Jeremy Ruesink with Rogue Expeditions.

19-Jul-17
Also hunted with Dennis Zadra, good guy and good guides.

19-Jul-17
I think I might give careful consideration to your plans.

Even with the best outfitter, I can imagine three guys in one drainage at once. There may be some outfit that has a special circumstance that would work but there is a good chance that the quality of your hunt will suffer with three guys.

20-Jul-17
Can't go wrong with Dennis Zadra - Alaska or Bolen & Lewis - BC. I have hunted with both and would not hesitate to go back with either.

20-Jul-17
Lonesome Dove Outfitters (Dennis Zadra).... he has a website.....or you can PM me for details.

25-Jul-17
Elk Valley Bighorn Outfitters can handle 3 and then some. They have a huge area and several spike camp locations.

26-Jul-17
My guess is not 3 in the same camp. That will not be likely but all quality BC Mt. Goat outfitters will take at least 3 clients spread out. Come on guys!!

27-Jul-17
He just said "take 3 guys mountain goat hunting", nothing about in the exact same camp so that is not what I was implying. Even though I wouldn't be surprised if EVBO could.

• Sitka Gear