Herdbull 19-Dec-17
smarba 20-Dec-17
jingalls 20-Dec-17
Amoebus 21-Dec-17
Charlie Rehor 21-Dec-17
elk yinzer 21-Dec-17
stagetek 21-Dec-17
09-Jul-17
I've got a couple friends who are Sitka "athletes". At the Iowa Deer Classic this spring they clued me into some socks they tested last fall. They said they were great both in the rubber boots they wore deer hunting and in their elk hunting mountain boots so I picked up a couple pair.

I'm on my way back from a week around Yellowstone where I made a few training hikes in the heat and it really struck me how awesome these things are. All spring and now summer I've been wearing these Gore socks and my feet have never been more comfortable. This includes a week up in Alaska climbing Kenai peninsula mountains in hip boots chasing bears. They wick better than anything I've ever used and definitely kept my feet warm and comfortable when glassing or stand hunting.

Figured I would share with the fall seasons fast approaching.

http://goresocks.com

09-Jul-17
Thanks I needed that!

09-Jul-17
What? Charlie, you don't already own these???? ;). I agree...great socks.

09-Jul-17
Nope, but I think I got that taken care of now:)

09-Jul-17
How good were they at staying up - so many socks that I have always end up slipping down - I just hate when that happens.

I have a bunch of the "Darn Tough" socks - they are terrible at slipping down.

I have since gone to Over the calf socks - made a huge difference. I just might have to give these a try.

The best I've found so far are the mid weight, Over the Calf - Danner socks. The next are the Over the Calf "Gold toe". They both have the wick-away properties in them.

09-Jul-17
I always get the tall...no issues. I have a pile of Darn Tough--these are better IMO.

10-Jul-17
There is an online retailer that has a sale going on right now, plus a July 4 discount code to save additional 10%. I'm giving these socks a try!

10-Jul-17
Darn the luck.....code ran out today!

10-Jul-17
I just ordered when I posted and the code worked on Diggs?

10-Jul-17
Thanks. I had been on 1shot gear

10-Jul-17
Well this is just great. Just when I thought I had everything I needed my buddy Steve comes up with one more thing for me to buy. I'm kind of a sock junkie anyway, so will sure have to check these out.

11-Jul-17
Code seems to have expired as of yesterday, sorry

11-Jul-17
Do you have to pay a carbon extortion fee....OOPS! I mean tax.....on that too??

11-Jul-17
Daily at bear camp, my wool socks are twisted upside down from only a half day in rubber boots. Wish I could find the solution.

12-Jul-17

SteveB's Link
Are these the same socks only colored and labeled for biking?

12-Jul-17
I don't think so Steve. Those socks have 0 merino in them.

12-Jul-17
Tried to buy some at Schnees. They are out of the full size in large.

12-Jul-17
An easy option is to call Sitka's 800 number and order them.

12-Jul-17
Sitka has an 800 number!!! Wish I had not discovered that. Thanks a lot Charlie, that will cost me!!! ;)

12-Jul-17
Check DiggsOutdoors.com

12-Jul-17
The Sitka 1-800# is really good. They don't just hire minimum wage operators from what I can tell. Any time I've called with a question they have given perfect advice.

13-Jul-17
Diggs have them in stock.

18-Jul-17
There is still a discount code, shoot me PM.

I used the Gore socks for a scouting weekend. 95-degrees and hiked a lot of miles and was VERY impressed with them. Kept my feet dry and were very comfortable. I used the shortest version and will update further as I use them more.

18-Jul-17
Thanks Smarba

18-Jul-17
1shot has a good selection

19-Jul-17

Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Charlie Rehor's embedded Photo
Got em, Way cool!

19-Jul-17
Get the shorter ones for general hiking. The longer ones should be good for wader fishing...(seriously). Also, if in doubt about sizing, size up (in my opinion)...

08-Aug-17
These socks are on camofire.com today for 50% off if anyone is interested. I picked up a couple more pair.

08-Aug-17
I also picked up a couple pair off of Camofire today. 2 pair to my door for $31 is a darn good deal based upon how well guys seems to like these.

08-Aug-17
Glad I came across this thread. I just ordered 4 pair from camofire. Thanks Predeter for the heads up.

08-Aug-17
Ya just caused me to spend more money, you all should be ashamed.

08-Aug-17
I had to try a couple pair also. Thanks!

08-Aug-17
Got three pair last week and just ordered three more pair. I hope they are as good as you guys say they are!

08-Aug-17
Just bought a couple pairs off of Camofire!

08-Aug-17
Thanks for the "Camofire" heads up! I really like these socks. They've easily become my favorites.

08-Aug-17
I hate you sons o' . . . .

Always making me spend money

08-Aug-17
Had to grab a few pairs for me and my son! Thanks for the tip! I know it's one of those investments that can sure make a difference!

08-Aug-17
Coolers, Back Packs and Socks every guys problem!

09-Aug-17
Don't forget boots Charlie!

09-Aug-17
I got 99 problems Charlie but socks ain't one! Ha!

09-Aug-17
Gone by the time I got there

12-Aug-17
Back on camofire

12-Aug-17
Anyone else recommend to go with a size up if we're right on the top end of a size?

12-Aug-17
Regarding size, I am usually a 12 or a 13 shoe size which was right on the edge of L/XL. I went with the XL and they seem to fit great. I have not tested them in the field yet.

13-Aug-17
Back on Camofire today. Ordered 4 pair.

13-Aug-17
Camo Fire for $13.99 a pair. I ordered several pairs as well.

17-Aug-17
They are back on camofire today. Ordered 3 pairs.

17-Aug-17
Best socks and the warmest I've ever had were made from Alpaca wool. Nice and soft.

17-Aug-17
Thanks for the info guys. I need more socks like I need a hole in the head. So I ordered 4 pairs!

17-Aug-17
Got 2 pair on campfire. Will take to the rock next month.

17-Aug-17
Ordered a pair today from camofire. Seemed kinda weird that I tried to order a pair from black ovis earlier this week and my size was sold out and yet today they had my size on camofire. Their loss I suppose as I was willing to pay full price and they sold them to me for less...

17-Aug-17
They are the real deal. I wore them hiking for a good 4 hours and they stayed snug on my calf. The best review is they kept their shape/length after a washing. Thanks for recommending them Shrewski !!!!

18-Aug-17
Tried mine out tonight. So far they seem great! Thanks for the tip.

18-Aug-17
Damn missed the camo fire deal

19-Aug-17
Hooked up on campfire about a week ago. Thanks fellas. Wore em today out scouting. Not wet conditions so we will see but otherwise no complaints!!

19-Aug-17
I just ordered 6 pair a couple days ago. Hope you guys didn't lead me astray.

22-Aug-17
Up on Camofire again today.

19-Dec-17
What did you guys think of the socks?

I got a couple pair and wore them elk hunting in ID (rifle). They would get wet each day and smell awful. I had to wash them out and hang them outside the rest of the hunt - took out my smartwool socks and they were used the remaining 7 days.

I have the same issue with some running shirts that have synthetic material in them. I think that each person's chemistry will react to the cloth differently. I can still wear the Gore socks for dry days around the house or hiking - just not an all day hike where they get wet.

19-Dec-17
I got 2 pair. Wore them on a moose hunt and all throughout deer season. Super socks

19-Dec-17
Wore 2 pair on a BC goat hunt this year and thought they were fantastic socks. I also thought they felt much better than my smartwool socks

19-Dec-17
As with most males I am a sucker for Back Packs, coolers and socks. Got two pair of the Gore Hunting Socks in August and use them exclusively now. I mostly hunt whitetails so I’m stationary quite a bit of the time and in the recent cold weather they have proven extra warm with a light pair of liners underneath.

PS: I have a garbage filled with hunting socks going to good will!

19-Dec-17
I also bought 4 pair back in August and I wear them exclusively now. they were great for tree stand hunting and have served very well in my pack hunting so far. Next month I will be giving them the real test to see how well they hold up humping the mountains and glassing for hours.

19-Dec-17
Took them on my elk hunt along with my farm too feet wool hiking socks. My farm to feet where the winners. They where just a much better made for hiking.

19-Dec-17
I wore them all fall everywhere. I, like Charlie, got rid of all my other socks. I didn't notice any unusual funk and I got them wet plenty of times. (both with sweat and water) For me, they beat anything I've tried.

19-Dec-17
I didn't hop on the bandwagon. I used my Smartwool socks on this years elk hunt. My socks and feet reeked after 7+ days. Yes my feet were wet and I didn't clean them every night. I just kept a sock rotation going. I only had one person to offend with stench, so I didn't worry about it. I cannot imagine my feet stinking worse!

FWIW. I have been wearing double layer of Smartwools WT treestand hunting and my feet have been comfortable. And no stink.

19-Dec-17
Never thought I’d pay $14 a pair for socks. I now own 8 pair and planning on picking up 4 more. Great socks. No issues here with odors.

19-Dec-17
I bought 2 pair. Love them. For some reason my other merino socks make my pinky toe fall asleep. Maybe too thick and pinch it in the boot? Anyway, these are super comfortable. I did notice a little smell after wearing 2 days in a row. Not sure if they smell anymore than other merino socks. The comfort makes it worth it.

19-Dec-17
I bought a couple pairs and used them all fall for elk and whitetails and I really like them. In fact I just bought 2 more pair of the shorter versions.

19-Dec-17
Hah. I guess it goes to show we are all different...I’m glad MOST of you were impressed. I still am after doing the Grand Canyon R2R2R, two weeks in AZ elk hunting and 10 days on Kodiak deer hunting, and late season here. I won’t be looking for a better sock. BTW, I took two pair on each hunt. And it was HOT in AZ. No stink. I think some of you may need to check your diet ;^))

19-Dec-17
I took four pair on a three week AK moose where my feet did get wet. No blisters. I like them, and am using now for late season whitetail , although it has not not been very cold in Illinois yet. Mike

20-Dec-17
Odd that some saw such difference in performance. I tried the Gore socks and my feet have never been so dry and warm, didn't matter whether it was in hot NM desert or drizzle AK rain. I've used several quality brand socks before and the Gore are my new favorites.

20-Dec-17
I got two pair and used them elking in MT and loved them. Just got two more off of Camofire.

21-Dec-17
More of the shorties on camofire today.

I didn't have any issue with the comfort or performance of the socks. Maybe it is those daily anchovy/feta cheese sammiches?

21-Dec-17
Thx, just grabbed a couple more pair!

21-Dec-17
Well yinz just sold me 3 pairs. More than I ever imagined paying for socks but we shall see what all the hype is about. Man has camofire changed, haven't been on there in awhile, too tempting to buy crap I don't actually need.

21-Dec-17
The most comfortable socks I've ever had on my feet. I saw this topic back in July, and ordered a few pair then. Great advise.

• Sitka Gear