coelker 19-Aug-20
smarba 19-Aug-20
Grubby 19-Aug-20
bowwild 21-Aug-20
DL 21-Aug-20
Coyote 65 22-Aug-20
JL 22-Aug-20
15-Jul-17
http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Jobsite-Fan-Tool-Only-0886-20/205846390 I don't have one yet, probably won't hunt this year, but have been using several of the M18 tools and absolutely love them.. The 5.0 Ahr battery is well worth the extra bucks for power and life,, Pretty sure you could keep a cool breeze in your blind all day on one battery

15-Jul-17
See if this linkworks http://www.homedepot.com/p/Milwaukee-M18-18-Volt-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-Jobsite-Fan-Tool-Only-0886-20/205846390

15-Jul-17

Dyjack's Link
I'll fix your link for you. But don't really have anything to add to the convo.

15-Jul-17
That might be a welcome edition in October in an enclosed blind in Texas !

15-Jul-17
You can also bring a cooler with ice and leave it open and let the fan blow over it. Kind of Ghetto air conditioner. It definitely works, I have done it while hunting in late August in SC. Scooby

15-Jul-17
Be nice for sleeping in a warm tent.......

16-Jul-17
Wow might as well sit in your truck and use that as a blind with AC on then. Whats next, I understand someone might need cool air to breath but for a normal healthy guy whats up with this? LOL

This convenience stuff is all out of control. Have I been out in the heat goat hunting, yup I have and seen how hot it can be on prairie but that still would not cause me to desire AC out there. To me it could have taken away the experience of the natural settings.

Just some thoughts.

16-Jul-17
if you have a small cooler with ice, you can wet a towel and place it on your shoulders and around your neck to keep cool.

16-Jul-17
Ryman, I would guess that you've never experienced October 1 in an enclosed blind in E Texas with over 90* temps and humidity to match. I've experienced antelope hunting in a popup in September too......in Wyoming where the air is dry and the wind always blows at least a little. Apples and oranges !

16-Jul-17
Don't the fans make any noise?

16-Jul-17
Cat in your condition lately I would think you would welcome the relief. I have been in the lowlands down in SC near the Ocean with the dew point at 75 and the temp in the 90's and trust me even someone in great health can appreciate the cool air moving around and thru the blind or box blind!! Scooby

18-Jul-17
ive been in my underwear in a blind before melting. Arm pits sliding around, underwear soaked. I had to tell myself several times that I am enjoying it.

It's like being married.

18-Jul-17
Is it mandatory to hunt from enclosed blinds in some places? I've hunted out of hang on treestands from -20 in WI to +95 in east TX.

19-Jul-17
I love some of the old cranky responses on here, simply because someone brought up sitting in comfort while hunting.

And who the heck hunkers down inside of a mass produced synthetic pop up blind all day to take in "the natural settings"? If that is what you seek, get out and stalk the darn things.

As for the OP, looks like a novel idea. Can't say I've ever went the fan route but I'd sure as heck not be opposed to trying it.

19-Jul-17
I have had several heat strokes in the past. This has kept me from some hunts, due to a severely intolerance for heat. This would let me do a pronghorn hunt over water. I will definitely look into these blinds.

19-Jul-17
I AM ANTICIPATING DELIVERY ON MINE TOMORROW, WE'LL LET YOU KNOW ABOUT NOISE AND BATTERY LIFE SOON.

19-Jul-17
Some people also bring a crotch novel to read while bowhunting. Never did understand that one.

19-Jul-17
Earl- I have the Milwaukee Fuel Hammer Drill with three 5.0 AH batteries. I use it with an 8" auger for ice fishing. It is a beast and the batteries last forever. I am getting an avg of 50+ holes in 10" of ice on one battery.

I don't antelope hunt, but I camp a lot in hot weather. I will have to check this thing out. I have a battery powered 10" fan, but it eats batteries. (8 D batteries) This Milwaukee fan would probably pay for itself in one summer.

I would not worry about battery life- the link said 17 hrs on low per battery. I do not doubt that after seeing them perform on my drill.

19-Jul-17
Well......there is a definite lack of understanding on this site. Don't understand why someone would like to be a little cooler in 95* heat......don't understand why someone would hunt out of an enclosed blind.......don't understand someone reading during the interminable hours of waiting on a goat at a waterhole......Myself, I don't understand why y'all think anybody gives a rip about your opinion of the way others choose to hunt.

Earle, post a review when you get it going, some of us sissies would like to know....:-)

19-Jul-17
Amen drycreek!!!!

19-Jul-17
Yup have to agree with dry creek. Yet it is perfectly fine to shoot 190" deer sitting over a corn pile in Kansas!! BS!! Sorry but I have used a fan in a blind as I said and it made it possible for me to sit longer. Shawn

19-Jul-17
So do you get asterisk next to your name in the book if you shoot a speed goat with a fan in your blind?

19-Jul-17
Some of these threads are better than watching comedy live. Reading this stuff makes my day.

19-Jul-17
I've been in a few "swelter shelters" over the years and would've welcomed at least a cooler full of ice (if it wasn't too far to pack in). As far as the OP's idea, if you have the $, go for it.

20-Jul-17
Well, It's running, has been for over an hour on high with a fresh 2.0 battery but battery is getting weak.. A 5.0 XC battery would probably do 3-4 hours at high, (it just quit, about 70 minutes). Fan is about 8" diameter, very quiet on low and probably enough fan for a blind. I am going to put a fresh 5.0 on tonight and let it run, probably on low. Pretty sure I willhave haalf battery or more at 7:00 AM. Best price I found was at the Home depot link.. Cheaper than Amazon.. I really don't plan on using for hunting, as most of my hunting is in the past, but can think of a million oppurtunites around home.. Patio, shop, basement, camping etc.. I did see Ryobi has a similar one, and I think I like their AC adapter better, but Milwaukee has never let me down with quality, and I have a bunch of them... The little "Hackzall" is a tree stand hunters dream, But if you can, the "Fuel" Models are worth the extra $$ for battery life and quality

20-Jul-17
I am always amused at the Ethic police bad mouthing technology on the internet????? Always makes for a good show and lively discussion.

20-Jul-17
Look up the redneck cooler made with a ice chest.

20-Jul-17
OK, I get the cooler and a little fan with a cold towel or cooling towel in a hot blind... but REALLY?

20-Jul-17
"GET OFF MY DESERT!"

20-Jul-17
TD... LOL!

21-Jul-17

Rut Nut's Link
Let us know how the 5.0 works Earl.

I found a youtube review and after watching, I may stop on the way home and pick this thing up. Only $69(bare tool) and comes with an AC adapter so you can use it plugged in OR on battery power.

Thanks for the heads up, Earl!

21-Jul-17
Love it 5.0 is kick butt.. I think I am going to order some Bluetooth tracable arrow nocks I saw advertised. I wonder if they will show up on my trucks backup camera?

19-Aug-20
Wow. That sounds interesting. You can tell us more about it.

19-Aug-20

Rut Nut's embedded Photo
Rut Nut's embedded Photo
I ended up getting one and use it for hot weather camping and this year in the turkey blind in late May. VERY quiet on low, moves a lot of air and battery life is great!

19-Aug-20
I have that fan with a 9.0 battery. We often run it at night in our RV if not hooked up to shore power. On that battery it will go 2-3 nights on low without charging. I haven't antelope hunted in a blind since we got the fan but you can bet it will come with me the next time I do.

19-Aug-20
Y'all have never hunted in Florida. Down here we just enjoy the suck. If I wanted to shoot deer from the comfort of air conditioning, I'd just fix myself on the porch. They'll be in my front yard directly. Enjoy it no matter how you roll.

19-Aug-20
I was in a blind Sunday it was so hot I think my Mr. Heater Buddy would have cooled it down.

I have a buddy that has a little fan that runs of a USB portable battery. I think I am going to order on on Amazon about $15 lot small than fan above. I am sure not near as strong. But a lot small to haul to blind.

19-Aug-20
HAHA. This last weekend we registered 117 degrees in our blind at around 4 in the afternoon here in WY. I would have given anything for a breeze. Hope that Dewalt has one...

19-Aug-20

coelker's Link
When it was so hot my son and I laughed and talked about the Rhino Scene from Pet Detective...

19-Aug-20

smarba's Link
Despite the nay sayers some sort of fan works well.

For recent pronghorn hunt from a popup blind in 90-degree temps I picked up a rechargeable unit from Amazon (see link) that you pour water in the top and it blows a mist. Not exactly powerful AC, but similar to a small swamp cooler. Worked pretty well to keep some cool air blowing on me. Charge on Medium lasted 5-6 hours, which got me through the heat of the day. I'd recharge it at night or with solar Net Zero panel out the top of the blind. Sound seemed fine although I did try to turn it off if I saw antelope coming my way.

I also wore my black Core Lightweight Hoody by Sitka. Doused it in a tub of water every 30-45 min and that really helped too (more than the fan).

Neither would be as effective in humid conditions.

For those who don't want to be more comfortable during a hunt please just hunt barefoot and wear jeans and a cotton sweatshirt. Good luck.

19-Aug-20
I’m pretty tempted to pick one up before heading mule deer hunting next week, not for the blind but for nights in the tent. Would also be nice for the fish house where the temp from floor to ceiling is drastically different.

21-Aug-20
I have the Dewalt for my small wood shop. Pretty cool, pun intended. I don't need a fan when hunting in KY. I don't see this thing any different than a Thermacell. It is like a miracle to me on a spring bear hunt.

21-Aug-20

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo

22-Aug-20
I have the answer to making it OK for everyone. They just need to have a "Real Tree" model.

If its camo its OK.

Terry

22-Aug-20
Why couldn't you use some post hole diggers, dig a deep hole and use a small fan to circulate the cool air coming out of the hole?

• Sitka Gear