Cheesehead Mike 21-Jul-17
Steve H. 21-Jul-17
elkster 25-Jul-17
Treeline 25-Jul-17
Charlie Rehor 25-Jul-17
20-Jul-17

DL's embedded Photo
DL's embedded Photo
My friend sent me this and called telling me about their A zone Hunt opening weekend. Two bucks they shot were eaten by cats in less than an hour after shooting. The picture is a doe they found after seeing blood on a road and following the blood trail where the cat dragged it off. She was still warm and not stiff. At each deer there were small cat tracks so there must have been some young cats with their mom. Kind of spooky with all the thick brush all around.

20-Jul-17
It doesn't surprise me one bit in California... Ed F

20-Jul-17

Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
Bigdan's embedded Photo
In az we had a lion take a buck about 20 yds from were we got him on trail cam

20-Jul-17
The results of a liberalized America. Where the top predator is to far civilized to participate in the role of life and death. Ain't it sophisticated?

20-Jul-17
Yep, Many years ago in AZ. Looked just like the picture of the buried deer above. I looked but couldn't find the picture.

Scar.

20-Jul-17
The result of idiots banning lion hunting

20-Jul-17
No lions here, but I have lost one to a bear and one to an alligator. Both were swampy areas in eastern North Carolina.

20-Jul-17
lost one to wild hogs... never to a cougar in Arkansas though

20-Jul-17
Have seen two Lion kills buried. One lion was dumb enough to come back while my son Kenny and I was looking at it.

20-Jul-17
Yes a very nice Cous in Mexico!

20-Jul-17
I lost one once to coyotes. No matter what it is eats your deer it is disappointing to loose one. I read once that people living in the state of California can't even own a mounted mountain lion. I wouldn't live in that liberalized state if they gave me a house!

20-Jul-17

Cheesehead Mike's embedded Photo
Here's the bear circled in red
Here's the bear circled in red
Cat tracks not far from the dead elk
Cat tracks not far from the dead elk
Had a whitetail buck stolen by a black bear one time. I tracked it and found it laying dead and laid my arrow on top of it and went to get help to drag it out. Came back and the arrow was there but the buck was gone. Found it the next day in a swamp partially eaten.

Found this dead cow elk in Colorado with the help of our noses a few years back. As we were standing there looking at it a movement caught my eye and I saw a big black bear standing on his hind legs watching us. There was a water hole not far away and there were some big cat tracks in the mud so I'm guessing the elk was killed by a cat and the bear found it.

20-Jul-17
Cheesehead,

That track looks a lot more canine than feline.

The location and posture of the toes and the shape of the pad says dog, not cat.

20-Jul-17
Ditto buffallo: Cheesehead's track is definitely dog/wolf/coyote. Claws clearly visible and toes symmetrical.

20-Jul-17
Agree,that's definitely canine.Lions have much bigger heel pads in relation to the toe pads,plus two lobes in the front of the heel pad and 3 at the back.

20-Jul-17
You can own a Mt Lion mount in CA, but you can't bring one in. If you had it before the law went into effect, it's legal to own, just not legal to bring in to the state.

It's ironic because ranger stations and F&G offices across the state have mounted lions in their offices.

20-Jul-17
Got it, I'm no expert on Mountain Lion tracks. I did google "mountain lion tracks" and I found several similar photos. The tracks were too big to be coyote and this was in Colorado and since we know there are no wolves in Colorado I figured it was a Mountain Lion. My mistake and I stand corrected...

20-Jul-17
Along with proof when it was killed. you never know when someone might see it and report it. Even other hunters could turn you in.

20-Jul-17

Ben's embedded Photo
Ben's embedded Photo
My son inlaw shot a doe out of my stand 6 years ago. Came and got me and didn't know where he hit it. Told him we would go out the next morning then and get her. A cat had found her first and ate some on a hind quarter.

20-Jul-17

Ben's embedded Photo
Ben's embedded Photo
Here is the culprit!

20-Jul-17
Beautiful Bobcat! had a couple hundred pics of him looking and pawing around in the leaves looking for her.

20-Jul-17
Cheesehead..........are you sure that is a bear?? Looks like bigfoot peaking thru the brush

21-Jul-17
I had a 'lying hunter' steal a P&Y buck ..... and I also have seen 'kills' where a lion feasted upon them.

21-Jul-17

dhaverstick's embedded Photo
dhaverstick's embedded Photo
My dad lost a doe a few years ago to a cat. He found what was left of it stuck underneath a log and covered up with grass about 100 yards from his house.

Darren

21-Jul-17
Yeah, might be bigfoot...

21-Jul-17
No, but I had another brown bear steal my brown bear this past May! That means we got to follow TWO blood trails. We stole it back the following morning but shared the skinned out carcass so it was a fair trade.

25-Jul-17
bobcat in mississippi, bear and coyote in colorado.

25-Jul-17
Had a bear take a buck I shot up on Kodiak once. Looked like a coyote running off with a rabbit... My arrow was still in the deer. Might have caused a problem with digesting the broadhead...

25-Jul-17
Had a bear eat a bear I shot once but that was in the fall.

• Sitka Gear