Charlie Rehor 20-Jul-17
longspeak74 20-Jul-17
Zebrakiller 20-Jul-17
Buffalo1 20-Jul-17
longspeak74 20-Jul-17
Screwball 20-Jul-17
longspeak74 20-Jul-17
20-Jul-17
After 9 years, I finally drew my Wisconsin bear tag. Bow is set and shooting 432# with a fixed BH. Most shots will be between 20-25 yards, I've been told. Took a 4x8 sheet of plywood, cut it into a bear silhouette with the vitals cut out. After hunting Whitetails for so long, have been concentrating on the vitals of a bear being further back and not tucked behind that shoulder. Any further advice you guys can offer up?

20-Jul-17
Awesome! What's the deal in WI? Baited stands? Fall? Spring?

20-Jul-17
I have only ever killed one bear, so I will let the more experienced guys render advice. My son and I both had quick, clean, one shot kills from a slightly quartering away hit entering midbody and exiting about 3" behind the line of the front leg. He used a 50# Wing recurve, cedar arrow, Zwickey delta 2 blade head. I used a 60# "homemade" metal riser recurve with Windwalker limbs, Goldtip arrows, and a Montec G5 3 blade head. I wouldn't give a nickel difference in performance.

20-Jul-17
Fall hunt over bait

20-Jul-17
excellent! another tip then, wait til his head is in the barrel, if you can. They're good at detecting movement, and can be nervous when just coming in

20-Jul-17
Congrats on a great tag! Hope you get a good one!

20-Jul-17
Looks like you've taken some nice bears Charlie!

20-Jul-17
Sit still, dont take anything to the bait that oufitter is not baiting with now, wait wait wait for the shot, study body position before the shot, Enjoy the time on stand,

20-Jul-17
"Bow is set and shooting 432#" - should provide for good penetration and maybe a pass thru !! What brand of bow is it?

Good luck on your hunt. Let the bear come to the bait and way for the right shot. If it face and nose looks like a German shepherd dog, it ain't a shooter.

20-Jul-17
I am shooting a Prime Alloy, 27.5" at 60lbs. Also have been told to notice the ears and their placement on the head and look for that sagging belly!

20-Jul-17
No barrels in WI. You need a stump or hole in the ground to bait in. Broad side, quartering away with near side leg forward.

20-Jul-17
Two months and counting down!

• Sitka Gear