Zbone 31-Jul-17
kota-man 01-Aug-17
IdyllwildArcher 01-Aug-17
Zbone 01-Aug-17
Rockbass 04-Aug-17
SixLomaz 04-Aug-17
kota-man 04-Aug-17
27-Jul-17
Wait ... What? So reason, logic, and science are going to come into play?

For the sake of some very patient Bowsiters and hunters in general, I hope so ... but please forgive me if I look a bit skeptical.

27-Jul-17
That would be great to see my polar bear again!!!

27-Jul-17
This is a long overdue correction of a government "taking" of legally owned animal parts.

Next step should be removal from threatened status.

27-Jul-17
That is great news, im sure the Antis, will be up in arms over this and lawsuits are soon to follow.

27-Jul-17
Pre-ban bears only... Killed before May 2008. Hopefully this one goes the distance with a great Secretary of the Interior in place as well as a Pro hunting White House. It's been a long 9 years....

27-Jul-17
Congratulations to pre-2008 polar bear hunters! I'm looking forward to seeing some incredible mounts and rugs in the near future.

27-Jul-17
What else would have to be passed to actually start bringing the bears back?

27-Jul-17
Did you mean to say post -2008 ??? If it is pre -2008 then they already have there bears back to the USA .

27-Jul-17
I think he meant what he wrote. Post-2008 bears would still not be allowed since they were harvested within the timeframe that polar bears were/are considered "threatened". However, if a guy didn't get his pre-2008 listing bear in the States previously, he could now. I could be wrong, as I have not vetted this, but that is what I get from the text.

27-Jul-17
"directs the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service to delist the wolf populations in the Western Great Lakes and Wyoming," I'm more excited about this!

27-Jul-17
Franzen is correct. There are 41 of us that were somewhere in the import process from bears that were importable to bears that became instantaneously non-importable . I was only a matter of a few week away from having import permit in hand. There is usually a 30 day grace period if your paperwork has been submitted and you are on the register , the allow you to import. The antis pushed a judge to make the law immediately effective.

27-Jul-17
Damn it, Brad.....I was hoping this would include you.....

28-Jul-17
It does. I'm on the list if it goes all the way.

28-Jul-17
Great news for you 41 guys and gals! It's been a long road.

28-Jul-17
Thanks for clearing this up.

28-Jul-17
I'm waiting for them to lift the ban on deporting politicians. I got several nominations.........

31-Jul-17
"The polar bear today, as it did in 2008, enjoys high population numbers across its entire range. Canada’s polar bear management program is top notch and is one the most scrutinized conservation programs in the world." This is definitely a positive development. Now they need to lift the import ban completely. It was complete BS when it was enacted. I am not sure whether Congress has to lift it or whether it just requires USFW to change the regulation. Either way, it needs to be removed.

31-Jul-17
Am confused, so are ALL polar bears now allowed in US, or some still banned like the 41?

01-Aug-17
Zbone...This change would allow the 41 polar bears taken in 2008 to be imported. Any pb's taken after 2008 are still not importable.

01-Aug-17
But they should be. And they should be huntable in AK. The ban is nonsense that is based solely on emotion without a thread of science behind it.

01-Aug-17
Thanks kota-man...

04-Aug-17

Rockbass's embedded Photo
Rockbass's embedded Photo
Congrats. to the 41. That is great news. For everyone else that wants a bear. Just move up to Canada. Pay 50% on every dollar you make and then another 13% on almost everything you buy and have a leader with nice hair....but you will have a Polar Bear.

04-Aug-17
If you carefully add all the taxes imposed on individual American citizens you will realize that we are paying more or about the same as the Canadian citizens. In return we get a lot less as we have to pay extra for healthcare, welfare recipients, and other "perks". Beautiful Polar bear mount.

04-Aug-17
Ike for president...

• Sitka Gear