TEmbry 02-Sep-17
BOWUNTR 02-Sep-17
BULELK1 03-Sep-17
Quinn @work 05-Sep-17
Shrewski 05-Sep-17
KU_Geo 10-Sep-17
Quinn @work 14-Sep-17
31-Jul-17
Guys, meant to post this a while back, but there were two really nice rams down on the railroad tracks at Granite the Friday of the CBA Jamboree. Both were very close to being full curl.

Good luck to all you lucky tag holders! I hope to hear great stories!

31-Jul-17
Myself and a few of bowsites finest will be there Friday! Buddy drew the only NR ram tag. Can't wait!

31-Jul-17
It's an awesome unit!

01-Aug-17
I hope to see some contributions to this thread soon.

:)

01-Aug-17

Lone Bugle's embedded Photo
Eye candy from S12

01-Aug-17

Eye candy from S12

01-Aug-17

Eye candy from S12

01-Aug-17

01-Aug-17

01-Aug-17

01-Aug-17
Unit is looking good for rams Eric- wish the densities were like that back in 1988 when we had tags for it.

01-Aug-17
Trev, looks like it only should take a day or two tops! Looking forward to holding your ram when you get it back up here.

01-Aug-17
Famous last words Jay! ;-) I've always said that archery hunting for sheep gets twice as hard every new day of the season. In others words, make it happen early!

Good luck Trev.

01-Aug-17

My favorite....

01-Aug-17

01-Aug-17
Great photos . Are they from this year ?

01-Aug-17
Not this year huntman... No tag, and not enough time to go poke around...

02-Aug-17

02-Aug-17
Best of luck to the tag holders!

03-Aug-17
Fly out in about 36 hours.... booked a one way ticket and blocked off my work schedule for the entire season. I may not kill a ram, but it won't be from lack of time/trying. Can't wait to reunite with an old buddy or two and meet new ones as well. What a perfect way to kick off Fall 2017!

03-Aug-17
Good Luck Brother! Lots of great looking rams in there!

God Bless, be safe!

Scar.

03-Aug-17

HUNT MAN's embedded Photo
Bags are packed and I am ready. Can't wait to see some new country with good friends. Here we go again boys hold on tight. It going to be a good year. Best of luck to everyone . Aim Small Miss Small!!! Hunt

04-Aug-17

Nesser's embedded Photo
Nesser's embedded Photo
Only 3 more years til I'm back in the game for S12 curlys... I do have a 49 elk tag this fall so I'll be looking for you guys when I'm kicking around there over the next couple weeks. Enjoy the journey gents.

06-Aug-17

Good times.

07-Aug-17
Good luck buddy! Looking forward to following this!

07-Aug-17
Obviously, hunting season turns HUNT MAN'S world upside down.....

07-Aug-17
Good luck guys!

07-Aug-17
Good luck everyone!!!

07-Aug-17
Just got word outdoor tv personality Phil Philips is in there with a tag and camera crew. That's gonna be tough to get in on those rams with a camera guy. Great accomplishment if he pulls it off.

07-Aug-17
Yeah, saw Phil post on a CO page a couple days ago that they were having trouble finding legal rams

07-Aug-17
I spent 3 days and plenty of miles and glassed till my eyes hurt. I could never turn up a legal Ram . Good luck to all tag holders. Big country and good friends . Loved it! Hunt

07-Aug-17

07-Aug-17

Nesser's embedded Photo
Nesser's embedded Photo
This is a favorite pic from a few years ago. Incredible memories

07-Aug-17

Nesser's embedded Photo
Nesser's embedded Photo

07-Aug-17

Nesser's embedded Photo
Nesser's embedded Photo

08-Aug-17
Pure Hunting managed it a few years back. They were lucky to recover the ram, but they got it done.

08-Aug-17
I don't know about Phil, but Chris Nowak from Pure Hunting is a determined killer. He said he put 12 miles on his boots the day he killed his ram. Not many guys will do that above 12k feet.

09-Aug-17
Sounds like you guys had fun!

10-Aug-17
Any word from the hill? I hear the rams are tough to find.

10-Aug-17
Same here still no legal Ram spotted as of last night . Good luck tag holders! Hunt

10-Aug-17
Well after 6 days, I can tell you a ton of drainages that don't have rams but have yet to find one that does lol. I still have 18 days left so I'm not letting myself get discouraged. Have revamped the game plan on finding where these rams have been pushed into. Other than the lightning and hail storms and my tough adjustment to the altitude... I'm loving the hunt so far! Glad to have spent the first weekend with some great buddies as well. I haven't heard of any rams killed yet, but know of 3 tag holders with blown stalks. They are out there just gotta find them!

12-Aug-17

Lone Bugle's Link
Here's some footage from S12. May I wish I was up there you with you guys!

14-Aug-17
Any updates guys? How's Phil doing?

14-Aug-17
Unless Phil is holding out nothing legal spotted since last week . Trevor has seen just about every big game animal we've got here in Colorado except a legal ram. Tough hunt=huge understatement. We've not heard of a single ram kilt. Seems they're not in any of the "usual" spots for this unit this year

17-Aug-17
Sounds like things are still tough. For what its worth......... When you've seen rams in an area and they disappear, don't give up on that area. The sheep will come back there. If the goats are there, the sheep won't be. Glass for at least twice as long as you have been. As cool as it is to see rams sky lined, its way more likely you'll see them bedded in the rocks.

17-Aug-17
The ram I hunted in 2007 for almost the entire season, just about every day, bedded outside the timber TWICE. As soon as it started getting light he was heading down...quick.

17-Aug-17
Hey Steve!! I hope all is well!

18-Aug-17

Nesser's Link

18-Aug-17
Chris Nowak's hunt from a few years ago

18-Aug-17
Well I continue to be humbled by this hunt. Looking at the historical success rate I approached this hunt with much higher expectations. I always over plan though and still have 10 days left to get it done. Today marks day 13 in the mountains without a legal Ram spotted. To my knowledge, the tag holders are still 0/10. Here's to hoping one finally shows his face above timberline in the next week.

Coming south from Alaska for this hunt, I keep finding myself wishing these sheep were white! Haha

18-Aug-17
Stick with it! You'll get one to slip up.

18-Aug-17
Good luck, Trevor! Keep at it...

18-Aug-17
Trevor I'll be camped somewhere along the upper east side of Weston tomorrow night. Silver/grey ford f 350 with a old white pop up. Stop in if you're going by. Keep at it man it's gonna happen

18-Aug-17
Wow. What a tough hunt! Love the persistence. We are watching from home and hopeful it pays off for you. Thanks for the updates. It's gonna happen!!

18-Aug-17
Only takes one.... and sometimes only takes a second to change things. Good spirits!

18-Aug-17
Good luck!

18-Aug-17
Keep going Trevor. Gotta keep that Alaska tradition going. They are there...somewhere. Good Luck!

18-Aug-17
Keep going Trevor! Focus on a few of those areas I circled in blue.

18-Aug-17
That's the crazy thing about sheep. It's super tough to get a tag...and once you have the tag you have a slim chance of killing a sheep. I have a buddy who drew a tag one year in a unit and never saw a legal ram scouting or hunting

19-Aug-17
I'd rather have a tag and no shot, than no tag and be hoping for stories! ;-)

20-Aug-17
Come on boys!!!!! Let's get it done!

20-Aug-17

21-Aug-17
I met Trevor on Weston yesterday....still givin it hell! He'll get it done

21-Aug-17
Don't stop till they tell you to stop! Good luck and take more photos.

22-Aug-17
Spoke to Trevor yesterday and he thinks a ram is down.

22-Aug-17
Hopefully you mean he shot it.

22-Aug-17
No, he said he thought someone had one down. Trevor is putting in 100% It'll happen.

24-Aug-17
Any word?

24-Aug-17
Still at it. One close call. Bottom of the ninth now!!

24-Aug-17

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo
Everyone knows the heartbreak of a near miss due to an arrow deflection off of brush... mine just happened to come on a primo tag on day 19 of a solo sheep hunt. Still in shock over how it played out but have two more days to get it done. I'll fill in details Sunday when I'm back North. Cross your fingers I can turn this band of rams back up before I leave! Appreciate all the help from everyone along the way.

24-Aug-17
Keep on them Trev. Can't wait to see hero pic tomorrow!

24-Aug-17
You got it, Trevor!

24-Aug-17
Keep at it and good luck!

25-Aug-17
Never, Never, Never Quit

25-Aug-17
Best of Luck!

26-Aug-17
Down to my last morning of hunting tomorrow before I fly back north. I'll upload some pics and fill in the story afterwards. Another ram died today, a nice one for this unit. Not my place to share the picture but couldn't be happier for the guy. That makes 2 or 3 out of 10, and a freaking twig kept my arrow from making it 4. Hell of a hunt. I learned the hard way that when it comes to bowhunting sheep, drawing the tag is only half the battle unfortunately. Still able to walk away from the hunt happy though, I put in the time (21 days 18 of which were solo which becomes a mental grind), the miles (1400 miles on the rental and another 100-150 on the Lowas), and the effort. I am happy to have finally gotten my opportunity, just going home with a tuft of hair and an unnotched tag unfortunately.

26-Aug-17
TEmbry, the other gentleman mentioned above had nice things to say about you. Yes, got the pics and he got a nice ram. He was very fired-up, especially about the mass. Per his story, he wasn't expecting sheep and then bam! Hope the same happens for you in the AM.

26-Aug-17
Hang in there man!

Good luck, Robb

26-Aug-17
you can do it !! its not over till the fat lady .....

26-Aug-17
You'll get it done

31-Aug-17
Trevor, no regrets.....

01-Sep-17
X2 "drawing the tag is only half the battle unfortunately". I look forward to see more pictures and reading your write up. Thanks in advance for sharing.

02-Sep-17

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo
Well guys, time slipped away getting caught up at work this week and I leave tomorrow for 3 weeks of Moose/Caribou hunting. I'll squeeze in some of the pics from the hunt here for viewing pleasure. If anyone has any questions about the hunt or the unit in general for other species I learned a TON about both while there. No regrets as Eric put it, was an amazing experience and at 26 years old, I'm confident I'll get my chance at redemption before I'm too old to draw my bow.

02-Sep-17

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo

02-Sep-17

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo

02-Sep-17

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo

02-Sep-17

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo

02-Sep-17

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo

02-Sep-17

TEmbry's embedded Photo
TEmbry's embedded Photo

02-Sep-17
You're a bad ass... mucho respect. Ed F

03-Sep-17
Ya done the best ya could.

Memories for life

Good luck, Robb

05-Sep-17
Did anyone up in S12 see any mountain goats? I have an opportunity to get a management tag for that area but need to make a decision within 24 hours.

Would love to talk to anyone who was up there and saw goats. Please PM and I can call you. Thanks in advance for ANY info on goats in S12!!!

05-Sep-17
Trevor,

I know just how you feel. 10 years later I still feel I got more out of that S12 hunt than all my other "successful" hunts put together.

10-Sep-17
I am in the bucket as Quinn, guessing he's out ahead of me as my goat tag starts Saturday. I'd appreciate if anyone would pm and I'll call u if you have any info related to goats in s12. Just found out about this Friday so I've got a week to get a plan together on how to scout the Unit to find one of 3 goats that are still supposed to be there. Thanks

14-Sep-17
Thanks to all the guys who responded with helpful info. A special thank you to liv2hunt who is hunting rams up there and helped me with some great intel. I was able to take a Billy on Monday morning .

• Sitka Gear