sheephunter2 10-Aug-17
ELKMAN 10-Aug-17
Treeline 12-Aug-17
Kurt 18-Aug-17
kscowboy 18-Aug-17
Kurt 18-Aug-17
vic 19-Aug-17
03-Aug-17
I may be looking for a unicorn, but do any of you know of a hunter that has drawn 5 sheep tags? I know several that have drawn 4 but I can't find a hunter that has drawn 5.

03-Aug-17
Hello Roger, I have been Blessed to draw 5 ram tags and 2 ewe tags. Thanks T-3

03-Aug-17
T3, I sent you a PM. Roger

03-Aug-17
My father has had 4 ram tags in Colorado, and I have had 3. Dall and other hunts are not draw, so those would probably not count in what your asking.

I'd like to get my unicorn- a CO Desert- but who wouldn't.

03-Aug-17
There are actually numerous Dall draw areas in AK. Some of the best. I've been fortunate to draw a Tok and Mt Harper Dall tags. Some of the best are draw areas.

03-Aug-17
I have a buddy that has drawn double digits. There was a lot less competition in the 60s and 70s.

03-Aug-17
I know several guys in Colorado that have shot multiple bighorn sheep with bows - probably several of those guys that have drawn more than 5. Kurt on here has drawn at least 5 in Colorado and desert sheep over in Utah.

03-Aug-17
A friend from Missouri who is also a former WSF board member has drawn five sheep tags that I know of. Being he's from MO, all five were non-resident tags, obviously.

03-Aug-17
CO is a few years from getting much harder for non-residents to draw a ram, goat or bull moose tag. In 2018, NRs will be able to use a credit card to apply for the Big 3 so no need to have $2000 - $6000 in cash to apply. Takes 3 years to max your Preference Points and actually be in the running for a Big 3 tag so the new surge will have a chance to get a tag when enters the 2012 draw at 3 preference + 0 weighted points.

03-Aug-17
I had a friend for Minnesota who drew three in one year! He has passed away since but he had a Montana bighorn, a Colorado bighorn and I believe the other was a Nevada desert. He also was the second person to win the 3/4 drawing when they started doing that.

03-Aug-17
I'm a firm believer..... some guys are born lucky when it comes to those kinda things.

03-Aug-17
Yeah.

And the more states you apply in and the more years you apply, the 'luckier' you get.

Funny how that works.

03-Aug-17
I'm at 4 drawn in Colo and kills

04-Aug-17
My dad has had 9 Rocky Mtn tags and 1 Desert tag in Colorado

04-Aug-17
I'm a firm believer........some guys are born UNLUCKY when it comes to those kinda things too!

I'm living proof:-(

06-Aug-17
Haven't drawn 5, but my wife and I drew Nevada desert bighorn tags in the same year, same unit. Of 6 tags for the unit we had 2 of them.

07-Aug-17
Two Colorado rockys and a Colorado desert here! Roger, I think I spoke with you on the phone about an S-60 hunt?

07-Aug-17
Going on a bunch of sheep hunts is one thing, but drawing 10 sheep tags in a lifetime is INSANE whipranger!

07-Aug-17
What kind of odds are you beating in CO to draw 4x+? Is it building up points or did you just beat the odds?

Just curious if I need you to buy me lottery tickets.

07-Aug-17
I have drawn 4 ram tags and 2 or 3 Ewe tags in Colorado.

08-Aug-17
CO 3 Rocky & 1 Desert , Wyo 2 Rocky , ID 1 Rocky , AZ 1 Desert, AK 2 Chugach Dalls I started applying in 1986. IMHO in the end the only thing worth quantifying is maybe who had the most fun.

09-Aug-17
Back in the 80's before compounds were as popular he could buy left over sheep tags in Co. Most years he wouldn't even put in not knowing what kinda time would have, and decide just before season.

10-Aug-17
We drew back in 1988 S12 with no Points for ram tags. Some family members (Mullins) drew S49 pretty much every other year back in the 80's. Odds were about 1:7 for a Ram tag in units like S12 or S32 a few years ago as a Resident. So if you had decent luck you may have hit a few times, or after a harvest, waited for 5 years and back in again.

More applicants now, lower odds. Rifle odds and Non-resident odds are significantly tougher.

10-Aug-17
Marv has had a bunch of em too. I know he's hanging around for a Desert. That may the only one he needs for a long bow slam. Dunno about the Dall for sure but he has a Stone and a few Rockys.

10-Aug-17
4 states and 20 years... NOTHING

12-Aug-17
Not sure how many tags Marv had before he got his rocky. He hasn't put in for rocky mountain bighorn since. Tags were a lot easier back then. He's been putting in for Deserts in Colorado since you could. He has a Dall. Just needs his Desert to finish.

18-Aug-17
I had six Bighorn Ram archery tags in CO (filled two), one NV Desert Ram tag (filled tag with bow). Luckily I've been able to buy seven over the counter Sheep tags in BC (One archery Stone out of the first six), one Alaskan Dall tag (no luck....got Shankstered) and one NWT Dall (Archery ram down a week ago). Not a lot of time to hunt but will try to go for an archery BC California Bighorn a bit this fall.

18-Aug-17
Kurt, go on about the "Shankstered" comment. Can't believe he's still in business.

18-Aug-17
1997 on the Alaska Dall hunt. Google is your friend to find info.

19-Aug-17
I've had 2 Colorado archery ram tags, a Colorado desert tag and Montana Breaks tag. all filled. I quit putting in after I had the Breaks tag and a Colorado Rocky tag in the same year. figured it was better to let others draw the tags.

• Sitka Gear