JordanMOFLCO 09-Aug-17
Mauifire 09-Aug-17
Drop Tine 10-Aug-17
Drop Tine 10-Aug-17
jordanathome 11-Aug-17
Dino 11-Aug-17
Dutchd 11-Aug-17
05-Aug-17
Anyone having issues with the new OnX maps update? I was headed to MT scouting Wednesday night and found OnX had released their update. At first glance it looked great. BEWARE Right before losing signal I checked to see if my saved offline maps were good to go. Nope they were gone. Close call I thought and spent over a gig of data and 1.5 hrs on the side of the road to get my phone ready for offline use. My problem was as soon as I lost my connection the app crashes and crashes. So it was useless for the first day. We came out and found their was an update with " enhanced offline experience ". Great I thought, they fixed the problem. I downloaded the rest of the areas I was planning on scouting again on the side of the road and we went in. This time it was 5 miles in set camp then scouting from there. As soon as I lost signal I lost the app. Constantly crashing offline I guess is the best way to describe my experience. Luckily I always bring a back up GPS and my Navionics app ( which cost $10 one time ) worked flawlessly as a crude GPS. It is Saturday so unfortunately I have no resolution as of now.

05-Aug-17
I've used OnX since they were Hunting GPS it's nice when it works but after getting burned last year I went old school and ordered 35 printed out USGS maps for my 5 hunts this year in four states. They are very dependable. I won't give up on my electronics but in case of error I will still have all quality hunts.

05-Aug-17
Mine works better with the update. Used saved offline map today.

06-Aug-17
I lost all the way points I had saved over the last year after I updated.

06-Aug-17
After the nonchalant, unconcerned response I received when I pointed out major errors on their CO chip (showing big chunks of National Forest as Rocky Mountain National Park) I'll never have anything to do with them again..

DIY and Gaia for me from now on.

06-Aug-17
I'm trying out the 7 day free trial with my cell phone but have not tried testing it offline. Are there any other companies that offer this type with a mobile app?

06-Aug-17
I lost all of my saved maps too. WTH?

06-Aug-17
I lost all my saved maps also. Trying to decide whether to renew or just buy a GPS. I've been happy with OnX until now.

06-Aug-17
Pretty hard to screw up a GPS and sd card.

08-Aug-17
If you are missing data yet, try this:

Sign out/in to the App, then go to "My Content" and swipe down to refresh.

08-Aug-17
If I was a Hunting app developer the last thing I would do is toss out a poorly vetted update in August. That's something you play with in May or June in my opinion but what do I know. I just spent 5 days taking screen shots when I had a signal and then trying to salvage some use of this app. Ugh... My buddy has the onX chip for his GPS but Garmin is giving him the run around on the birds eye view download. Seeing a common denominator??

08-Aug-17
TopoFusion Pro is a GPS' best friend.

08-Aug-17
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I bought OnX maps a few years ago. Didn't register it - didn't know I had an option to. Can I download the app and somehow log in? Can someone PM me with some help? I've tried calling but got nowhere with them.

08-Aug-17
I have had absolutely no problems with the update, I love it. all my old stuff is still there. This is one of the very few "upgrades" that actually was just that.

09-Aug-17
Sounds like Jaquomo found out where the OnX guys favorite hunting area is.

09-Aug-17
Try what Les said, if your data is still missing call them up. I know they spent a lot of time recovering list data after the update. They hopefully can find your info. Matt

09-Aug-17
Ok will do. Thanks.

I will say this, the app loads way faster and the picture is way better so if I can get my maps back this is a win. I agree with whoever stated above....August is NOT the best time to pull this update.

09-Aug-17
I hunt in CO where you have to know where private property lines exist in relation to your actual position. Onx does a great job at this for me. The updated maps are much better resolution on my smart phone, which I use in tandem with my Garmin 60. I am very pleased after the update....before my smartphone map quality off grid sucked ass. Now it rocks. And I didn't lose nuttin.

09-Aug-17
None of my data was there also. Customer support did something on their end, advised me to log out, restart my phone, and log back in. Works fine now. Waypoints are there, but they said any saved maps will need to be downloaded again.

10-Aug-17
Not wanting to start a separate thread.

I downloaded the app and free trial. Being a old fart and playing with the app a bit. I can't find the boundary location in the app. How do I turn on the boundary lines and land owner names?

Thanks

10-Aug-17
I think I figured it out. To get that feature I need to purchase the app it looks like.

11-Aug-17
Are folks still having issues?

11-Aug-17
I've had excellent luck with them and their customer support. I used their Idaho state map, was extremely helpful!

11-Aug-17
I have had nothing but great service from them. I love the updates and have been fortunate to have no problems.

• Sitka Gear