Popeye 09-Aug-17
Buglmin 09-Aug-17
ElkNut1 09-Aug-17
78cj5 10-Aug-17
ElkNut1 10-Aug-17
Popeye 10-Aug-17
ElkNut1 11-Aug-17
09-Aug-17
I am trying to find instruction on the mechanics of bull elk 'chuckles'. I am a novice, but I have a few good diaphragm calls and can bugle and cow call and mew at least OK. I have listened to Wayne Carlton audio and multiple YouTube videos on calling, but what I'm looking for is someone to describe in detail how to make the short repetitive sounds which often follow a bugle. I've been told it's a short "cough" into the call and then sucking air back in, but I cannot seem to do anything close to sucking air back in without almost inhaling the call. The other sound I'd appreciate someone telling me more about how to mechanically replicate is the nervous grunt. I'm not asking someone to plagiarize Elk Nut's calling audio for free. I'd pay for it if someone could tell me it's more than just a listen and then you do it CD. I need the vivid description of HOW...and then I know I need to practice quite a lot.

Thanks for any help / advice you can give!

09-Aug-17
Call Paul at elk nut productions. He's got dvds that explain these things. Worth talking to...

09-Aug-17
Paul, I'll be happy to help you out! I sent you a PM.

ElkNut/Paul

10-Aug-17
Watch episode 269 of Gritty Bowmen

10-Aug-17

ElkNut1 's Link
Paul, check out this clip & see if it sheds some light on your question?

ElkNut/Paul

10-Aug-17
Paul, that link was perfect! I thank you for your PM and it. You spend much more time teaching mechanics than most and I need that. I will be buying your audio for sure now, so I can practice during my work commute. If I have further questions I promise I'll take you up on your offer! Popeye

11-Aug-17
Paul, good deal, glad it helped you out bud! Now comes the practice! (grin) Good luck!

ElkNut/Paul

• Sitka Gear