LeeBuzz 12-Aug-17
Smtn10PT 13-Aug-17
32Timbers 13-Aug-17
HDE 13-Aug-17
Chuckster 13-Aug-17
Greg S 14-Aug-17
W8N4RUT 14-Aug-17
10-Aug-17
Been shooting halon 32 for about 6 months and the last two months it just keeps hitting lower each time I take it out. Seems this issue is compounded at the longer (50-100yd) distances. Have taken it into shop and they put on hooter shooter and said timing was good. Bet I've lowered my 60 yard pin at least 5 times! Everything else seems good as far as arrow flight. Everything seems tight like the rest (QAD), sight, etc. Any ideas?

10-Aug-17
Is your peep sight tied in securely?

10-Aug-17
Is your D-loop or noc point slipping? Had that happen to me years ago & cost me a good buck before I figured it out. Measure it or mark it then go shoot a bunch & recheck.

10-Aug-17
If all is locked and tight on your bow including peep.

Check if your bow arm is rock solid after release (not dropping slightly) on the longer distance in order to see / view target hit ?

A simple check

10-Aug-17
Could be your serving, stock strings have a short serving prone to move, they put a shorter serving on to gain speed and achieve their IBO

10-Aug-17
I will add to the great suggestions above if you are using a drop away rest make sure it is going completely up.

10-Aug-17
It's a Mathews. Their I solved the mystery.

10-Aug-17
Also, it is possible that your string is stretching. I had that happen to me with a Hoyt Defiant. Pull back to the wall, and have someone mark the arrow at the front of the riser. Keep checking on that mark as you shoot. The stretching will eventually stop.

10-Aug-17
Rarely the arrow. More likely the Indian. At longer distances easy to drop the bow arm.

10-Aug-17
How much lower are you hitting? What sight?

I doubt very much that you keep dropping your bow arm more and more and more.

Could be your rest string slipping or prongs/covering wearing.

Could also be the string slowly separating

Put a couple of wraps of serving thread about two inches below your serving. Real tight!! Measure up to you loop and peep. Write it down and compare next time you start shooting low.

11-Aug-17
Yeah all these suggestions have crossed my mind, but they just don't seem possible to keep happening as many times as it has. It really seems like it is losing velocity more than anything. Wouldn't string stretch increase lbs and cable stretch decrease lbs? It's so pronounced that I'm starting to get concerned that a cable really is seperating and it's all gonna come apart sometime soon.

11-Aug-17
I once had this happen. I think it was even back when I was shooting mathews. My problem turned out to be my bowstring. It had broken stands in it, hidden by the serving. Though if your problem has been going on that long, it very well may be stretch.

11-Aug-17
One of the servings on my cables took a crap in the first 500 shots. I am switching to a better brand string and cables. I would think your serving is moving or string loop.

11-Aug-17
Get yourself a bow scale and check draw weight. Easy to eliminate that cause.

11-Aug-17
post a picture of your peep / string.

i'm betting its peep creep.

11-Aug-17
I'm also almost 100% that it is the peep also as I indicated in post #2. A slight bit of peep creep wouldn't be noticed until magnified at longer ranges. It has slid down the string ever so slightly. The only other culprit would be a consistent slight change in anchor point creeping higher.

11-Aug-17
Yes string stretch increases pounds, cable stretch decreases pounds. If cables were stretching bow would be out of time. Possibly a weak limb.

11-Aug-17
Funny, I was shooting my Halon 32 at some longer distances for the first time. I shot about a group of three arrows at varying yardages from 30-80 yards. My first few groups were spot on. After a while of shooting my groups (particularly at 60 and beyond) kept hitting lower. I attribute it more to wearing myself out and my form going to crap after awhile but it's something I'll keep an eye on. Sounds like a different problem from you, but if I go out next time and my groups start lower I'll be sure to report back in!

11-Aug-17
Like Brotsky said I would look at peep creep. Easy way to check is take a sharpie and mark string where the peep touches the string. I have had them creep so every time I dial the bow it I will mark it to keep an eye on it.

If your D loop has slipped it will throw you out of tune as well.

11-Aug-17
I have the same bow and it shoots lights out. Check the following 1. Make sure peep and nock has not moved . 2. At full draw make sure rest is all the way up and make sure it is up about 1/2 to 1 inch before full draw 3 On the upper and lower cam mark where the buss cable crosses by the timing hole that is in the cam. Ideal it should be in the center of the hole . 4. Make sure the limb bolt locks on the sides are tight by where you would adjust poundage If you are sure it is not you than the problem should be one of those 4 things .

11-Aug-17
Had the same problems for two years. Pins changed everytime out, and sometimes while shooting, or in middle of a tournament. After struggling forever, I figured out last week that my drop away was sticking, and would loosen up after being shot for a while. New spring and a good cleaning, and everything is working great. Been a horrible struggle trying to figure this one out.

11-Aug-17

Greg S's embedded Photo
Greg S's embedded Photo
I'm thinking peep or nock point is creeping causing anchor point to change higher. Don't see how this could be happening but it has to be.

11-Aug-17
The way your peep is tied in it should not move, that tie in should suck it all together and keep it in place. Maybe check your nock point and then tie a nock set inside your loop to make sure it stays put. After seeing how your peep is tied it leaves me to believe something else is going on here.

11-Aug-17
What size is your peep? Also, often at longer distances, shooters have a tendency to pull out of their peep sight. Next time u shoot, b sure that your sight housing is square in your peep throughout your shot sequence.

11-Aug-17
Pretty sure peep is 5/32. I always make sure it's centered on my spot hogg white ring. Does seem I have been anchoring higher but don't know how I'm still seeing through peep with that unless I'm also moving my head back.

11-Aug-17
Peep size seems good! Next time u shoot, try keeping that peep housing aligned through the entire shot sequence, especially at distance...curious if u notice a difference. Good luck to you!

11-Aug-17
stick a pair of needle nose pliers inside that string loop and stretch the piss out of it to make sure it's goodNtight.

mark that peep with a sharpie or some serving and double check it.

if its not your Nock or peep, then its your rest.

if your bow feels likes its shooting good and doesn't sound funny chances are everything on the bow is good.

just narrow it down and you will figure it out.

11-Aug-17
Best I can tell through my checking it was me. Think I was slowly raising my anchor and tilting my head to compensate. Now I got to lock down my anchor in the next couple weeks to slay an elk.

12-Aug-17
You have access to a chronograph? Curious to see if your bow is slowing down? And/or losing poundage?

12-Aug-17
Lol spike. Mathews motto is "catch us if you can" right? U got a Mathews, so keep chasin, maybe u will catch it.....

No help, i know. Just a Hoyt guy seizing an opp.....;^). Hope u get it figured out!

12-Aug-17
Are you unconsciously dropping your bow at the time of the shot to watch arrow flight( peeping). This will cause arrow flight to drop Low left.

Consciencely hold bow sight on target till arrow hits target. If this solves problem and you have no mechanical issues with bow set-up, then it is a "cockpit" problem.

12-Aug-17
Nice, looks like you have a TightSpot quiver. Try moving it out slightly as it might be contacting your drop cord.

13-Aug-17
Check to be sure your rest isn't loose, had that happen to me before. The rest kept sliding down towards the shelf causing my arrows to hit lower and lower. Its very frustrating when we have to constantly adjust the sights on our bows. I've shot hoyt, Mathews, and elite. Of the three the elite has been the "best" but im not totally satisfied with it.

13-Aug-17
Had the same problem and my problem was the same as Dons. Rest was sticking. Took months to figure out.

13-Aug-17
Moving peep should be a dead give away if you find yourself anchoring different.

Nock up an arrow and look at it from the side, assuming everything is in an "up" position while at rest. Agree with the moving nock point.

13-Aug-17
Had this happen a few years ago and someone mentioned it above but my fall away rest was the culprit (Didn't know it yet). I had been making incremental adjustments chasing the wrong problem so when we finally figured it out, my arras started hitting about a foot high after the fix LOL.

14-Aug-17
My tight spot does rub on my rest cord. Saw this long ago and never seemed to affect anything. I have a different quiver. I think I'll put it on and try it. Wish I had a chrono, but I don't. I still think it's losing poundage and or speed.

14-Aug-17
its a simple machine I don't really know how it could loose poundage or speed. ~make sure the cams are synchronized (use alignment holes). ~take off the quiver for now. ~make sure peep and kisser are tied in tight and mark their location with a sharpie or "white out". ~paper tune the bow. this will tell you where youre shooting. you may find the rest moved. or at least if there is something happeneing with the rest mechanics. ~sight in the bow

I don't have the H32 but I do own the Halon. One of the best shooting bows Ive owned in a long time.

scott

• Sitka Gear