Charlie Rehor 17-Aug-17
FurReel 23-Aug-17
Mark Watkins 23-Aug-17
Southern draw 23-Aug-17
15-Aug-17

FurReel's embedded Photo
FurReel's embedded Photo

FurReel's Link
This is my 2017 Manitoba spring bear hunt. This video was the forth day of the hunt. We passed up several pope and young bears at my outfitters request because it was early in the hunt and in his words,"we can get one of them any time". On the forth afternoon it happened! One of the big boys we had seen on trail cams was making his way in. The bear stopped short of the bait for over 10 minutes scent checking. At this time we didn't know it was the big one, we could just see a big black object. When he finally came to the edge his size could be judged against the barrels and his head judged against the specific size hole in the barrel. Albert, the owner and guide of Bear Master Outfitters, whispered "IT'S THE BIG ONE!" Which I already figured from seeing the monster head and the ground sink under his feet when walking in. My nerves went crazy and could hardly breathe! We watched him, what seemed for hours, waiting for the right moment to stand up and try to make the shot. The arrow was on its way, hit the mark and we watched him crash! After that I turned into a babbling idiot looking at the beast in disbelief. My first BOONER!

15-Aug-17
Congrats on the bear and the vid!

15-Aug-17
Congrats.

15-Aug-17
by the sounds of it, you needed a thermacell in that stand. how much blood did you lose on that sit? Great bear!

15-Aug-17

FurReel's embedded Photo
Skeeters were awful! I'm still afraid of the smell of a thermacell.
FurReel's embedded Photo
Skeeters were awful! I'm still afraid of the smell of a thermacell.

15-Aug-17
Thanks guys!

15-Aug-17
Great bear, great shot

16-Aug-17
Awesome Bear, congratulations!!

16-Aug-17
Nice! Congrats!

What is the Official B&C Score?

16-Aug-17
Great shot and a very cool video! Just hearing the skeaters made me itch! LOL

16-Aug-17
Thermacell comes in Fresh Earth scent, it's awesome. When it comes to bears, there is no fooling their nose no matter what you do, they know you are in the tree. :)

16-Aug-17
Official score was 21 2/16. He would've scored higher if he took better care of his teeth lol. He didn't have much left.

16-Aug-17
JackPine Acres the hunters after me used them. The outfitter was impressed with them over the originals. Funny thing is he can't find them up there. Not even Cabelas in Winnepeg carries em. We're taking a case along in a few weeks to try em out this fall. My daughter is going to try and get a big fat fall bear up there.

16-Aug-17
Great video and tremendous bear. Thanks for sharing!

17-Aug-17
Sent ya PM .

Congradulatons What a beast!

17-Aug-17
Awesome final score, Congrats! C

23-Aug-17
Thanks Hunt Cell and Charlie. Leaving in 4 days to see if my daughter can get her first pope and young. Hopefully we can add another to the success thread!

23-Aug-17
Congrats!!!!

Mark

23-Aug-17
Congrats !

• Sitka Gear