live2hunt88 21-Aug-17
Scooter 21-Aug-17
carcus 21-Aug-17
cnelk 22-Aug-17
Russell 22-Aug-17
Brotsky 22-Aug-17
12yards 22-Aug-17
21-Aug-17
I've been trying to figure my issue out.

I am shooting blazer vanes with a QAD ultra rest and seem to keep making contacting with the arm coming across the top, I assume. Something is causing my arrows to fly a little sporadic. Any ideas on how to fix this??

Most posts I've read say to cut the arm off the rest or move nocking points?

21-Aug-17
Tune, tune, and more tune! If your not sure go to your nearest qualified pro-shop and pay them to help you. It will be the best $ you spend.

21-Aug-17
If you mark your fletchings with lipstick or something similar you won't have to assume. Once you know for sure you can make adjustments from there. It may be something as simple as using the wrong launcher.

21-Aug-17
Strings are brand new twisted x strings

Now is a 2014 Nitrum Turbo

Recon I'll take it into the shop and have it checked out. Was hoping for a simple fix

21-Aug-17
You can also try turning your nocks slightly one direction or the other... I've seen this work before...

21-Aug-17
Did non blazer fletched arrows fly better? I've used the qad hdx on about 10 different bows with blazers and no clearance issues

22-Aug-17
Be sure use the TL1 fork

22-Aug-17

Russell's Link
Whenever I have a problem with my QAD rest, I simply call the company. They provide great tech support.

Case-in-point: Set-up a new/used bow last year. Had clearance problems. Called QAD and they ID's the cord was tied too close to the rest. Needed to be 4 1/2" or so below the rest. Clearance issues fixed. They also mentioned to use some lipstick on the vanes or rest. I applied it to the rest.

My tuning is pretty simple, set arrow level with burger hole and center shot. Tie in two nock points leaving slight space for string angle during full draw. Add cord D-loop. Verify no string pinch via drawboard. Zero bow at 20 yds with field points, then fixed blade BH. Make vertical adjustments first (to rest) then lateral via yokes (if the bow has them). Once BH and FP hit the same at 20 yds, step back to 30, to your max distance of accuracy. Obviously don't shoot beyond your comfort zone.

22-Aug-17
Make sure your rest is coming to the full up position within your last inch of draw cycle. His will insure it drops out of the way fast enough to give you clearance.

22-Aug-17
Lots of You Tube videos on setting these up. I was even able to get mine to work. But I did a terrible job serving the cord onto my cable so I took it to my pro shop to serve it in right.

• Sitka Gear