LINK 25-Aug-17
stick n string 25-Aug-17
goelk 25-Aug-17
LBshooter 26-Aug-17
LINK 26-Aug-17
24-Aug-17

jordanathome's embedded Photo
It is finally almost almost here.......I have one last night in my comfortable bed next to the love of my life. Then a day of work tomorrow followed hopefully by an early departure and dash off to my parking spot. Then a 2.5 mile hike back into elk heaven.

I hope I sleep tonight because I doubt I sleep much tomorrow night. Sure I have a nice pad and a great sleeping bag. I picked a great spot with a deep layer of pine needles, shade, no dead trees to fall on me or my gear, I have my sweet Nemo Spike II tent......but I doubt I sleep. No I will be anxiously listening for a bugle, a mew, a crunch and crack of hooves in the woods.

I will get up Saturday morning full of anticipation and dog ass tired and bleary eyed. I will cram some MH Blueberries and Granola down my throat, take a big swig of water, toss in the first chew of the day, then grab my bow and head to the glassing spot high above to see if there are some bull elk around in need of dying.

I'm so ready and absolutely not ready at the same time. Best of luck to all the folks hunting the CO archery opener. Aim small, shoot straight, be safe, and I hope we all get to pack some meat this weekend! I'll drink to that! Cheers!!!

24-Aug-17

To bad I can't get permission to sleep in here.........found along the way to my honey hole......

24-Aug-17
Good luck! I'll be following along on all of these elk threads. You guys are lucky men and God willing, my son and I will be out there roughly one year from now on our first elk adventure. Getting no sleep!!

24-Aug-17
Good luck Jordan!!

24-Aug-17
Good luck!

24-Aug-17
Have fun!

24-Aug-17
Good luck to you and everyone else getting out there.... But I think you are going to be a lot more comfortable in a tent than that windowless, probably mice infested shack.

24-Aug-17
Been a joy to follow your threads so far. And being someone in PA, i dont know that i will ever do anything other than "hunt" elk vicariously through you guys that post here. Very much looking forward to reading all of the elk hunting threads, especially yours because of all the hard work and effort you have put into taking us along this far. Good luck and when that moment of truth comes up and your hard work is about to pay off, Shoot straight and take lots of after pics.

But regardless, enjoy your time out there and thank God that you're an American and get to be there....

24-Aug-17
Good luck man. All the work is about to pay off. God Bless everyone fortunate enough to do it with good memories and a heavy pack on the way out.

24-Aug-17
Best of luck, Jordan!

24-Aug-17
Good luck Jordan !

24-Aug-17
I look forward to the story! Good luck!

I plan to be there this time next year! By hook or by crook!

24-Aug-17
Good luck!

24-Aug-17
Yes, good luck Jordan. Same song, second verse here. Sleeping in my hunting blind tomorrow night, and Saturday, and Sunday... Last year I came home after several days of hunting and there were bull elk up against my fence and bugling all night. I couldn't sleep in my own house, even with the windows closed. Ironic.

24-Aug-17
Good luck!

25-Aug-17
Pick-a-$pot----------->

Good luck, Robb

25-Aug-17
Pulling for you Jordan.....you definitely deserve an opportunity!

25-Aug-17
"I have one last night in my comfortable bed next to the love of my life"

Since i will be using the limited days I have to chase elk once THEY are chasin the ladies just let me know where "the love of my life" may be I'll make sure to keep her company while you're gone. LOL. JK. Good luck man. Hope you finally kill one.

25-Aug-17
Good Luck Jordan, I can read the excitement and anxiety your feeling. I have felt that so many times as well and I so look forward to that feeling coming up for my own elk hunt in 3 weeks. I will sure keep checking in on your adventure. Your going to have a great time!

25-Aug-17
Good luck! This is your year.

25-Aug-17
Good luck to you and to everyone that is fortunate enough to be out in the woods this weekend.

I am chasing mule deer this weekend but my elk season is in full swing starting next Friday! I'll be driving 5 hours, hiking in 3.5 miles Friday night and will be chasing elk until Monday mid afternoon. Then, back to deer for a weekend and then the entire last week for elk as necessary.

25-Aug-17
Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'll be headed that way myself . At this point i think im worthless at work.

25-Aug-17
But dude, you're going to miss the fight Saturday! Lol jk. Good luck!

25-Aug-17
Good luck and shoot straight!

25-Aug-17
I feel guilty. Last night I slept in a comfy bed at home. Tonight I will be sleeping in a comfy bed at a buddy's cabin with the window open hoping to catch a bugle.

25-Aug-17
It is time.

25-Aug-17
YESSSSSS

25-Aug-17
Jordan do you have a signal at your elk camp to do a live/ semi-live hunt?

25-Aug-17
I hope so....

25-Aug-17
is this building on public? Good luck and be safe!

26-Aug-17
Good luck to all persuing elk, and be safe.

26-Aug-17
Jordan do you have a signal at your elk camp to do a live/ semi-live hunt?

• Sitka Gear