Ermine 03-Sep-17
Buyse 03-Sep-17
Franklin 04-Sep-17
Capra 04-Sep-17
Medicinemann 04-Sep-17
28-Aug-17

Ermine's embedded Photo
Ermine's embedded Photo
I got a grizz target for Christmas last year. Always wanted one for backpack hunts. Light and able to carry on a backpack hunt. Well this year I took it on a hunt. Shot an arrow into it at 50 yards and the arrow almost went all the way thru it. Destroyed the fletching.

I was hoping it would stop arrow better?

Anyone else have one of these targets? Is it just my setup penetrating like crazy or what's the deal

28-Aug-17
If you shoot micro-diameter arrows, they make a newer one that stops them better.

I have the one you have--bought it a year ago--it stops my arrows, but it goes all the way to the fletching. I do not shoot micro shafts.

It works well for the purpose of making sure nothing is dramatically off in the middle of nowhere, without completely ruining most arrows

28-Aug-17
Gotcha! Dang yea I'm shooting micro diameter arrows!

Yea I want it for just a check to make sure everything is on. But don't want damaged vanes every time shoot!

03-Sep-17
I just bought one that I took on a hunt. It is definitely a 1 shot, to ensure you are on. I only shoot 65 lbs w/26.5" DL, so not too fast. My arrow went almost to the fletching at 30 yds. BUT, it served its purpose.

03-Sep-17
Yea I understand it not a target your gonna shoot a lot. I just don't want my fletching on my arrow to get trashed every time when I'm in the back country

03-Sep-17
I always carry a judo to make sure I am where I need to be. Just got to find something decent to shoot at that won't destroy your arrow/fletching.

04-Sep-17
This is what we do on a mountain or wilderness hunt...find a cheap "bullseye" foam target with a replaceable center section. This is about the size of a large plate, about 2 1/2" thick. This is the part of the target they gets all the shots so it has denser foam. Wedge it against a stump or under a blow down and your set. We actually put it in a Ziploc bag and buried it on a Elk hunt....we returned 2 years later and it was still there in the plastic bag just like we left it. Have quite a few scattered around now. lol

04-Sep-17
The Grizz target works substantially better if you are in a situation where you can hang it from a tree limb or bush.

That way the impact is absorbed.

04-Sep-17
Try a piece of nine pound foam.....

• Sitka Gear