EmbryOklahoma 31-Aug-17
Feedjake 31-Aug-17
Feedjake 31-Aug-17
t-roy 31-Aug-17
Bigpizzaman 01-Sep-17
Bigpizzaman 03-Sep-17
Bigpizzaman 05-Sep-17
29-Aug-17
I noticed that as well. God bless everyone down there.

29-Aug-17
Cajun Coast Guard. Gettin' it done!

Good for those guys!

29-Aug-17
Knowing we are outdoorsman I am sure I am not the only person that gets the "If we ever have a crisis I'm coming to your place!" Unfortunately as outdoorsman we are a small percentage of the population actually somewhat prepared to deal with what Mother Nature can dish out. Something like Harvey is beyond everyone's plans and wish everyone all the best. If only that rain could have stalled over Montana and BC.

30-Aug-17
I noticed the same thing, Pat! ;-)

30-Aug-17
Have to disagree a little Pat. There were some reports of looting!

My sister lives in Cypress (NW Houston suburb) she is on higher ground so minimal flooding vs much of Houston. She has been keeping us posted somewhat. Gave very glowing reports on lots of volunteers, especially, as bake mentioned, the Cajun coastguard. She's very conservative, but she even gave the mayor of Houston who's a democrat 2 big thumbs up for his handling of things so far.

30-Aug-17
I know there's tons of bowfishing rigs pulling people out, and on tv it looks like most the rescues are being done by the sportsman of the area.

I just wanna say way to go guys, I'd love to be there to help you and god bless these citizen heros!

30-Aug-17
Very proud to see all the sportsman stepping up

30-Aug-17
Just heard on the news that two men in a rescue boat were electrocuted. Don't know if sportsmen or regular EMS, but thoughts out to their families.

30-Aug-17
t-roy, exactly what did Pat say that has you disagreeing with him? I didn't read where Pat stated any where the things you insinuate he did.

30-Aug-17
I will 2nd that emotion....IMO the Houston Mayor made the same mistake as Nagin did in N. Orleans....same result too. I did see a major media outlet mention "hunters and fisherman" specifically...very nice.

31-Aug-17
Several of my friends, including SE Oklahoma game wardens, hunters, fisherman from Oklahoma have been heading down since Monday. Also several buddies from Oklahoma Gas & Electric are doing the same. Numerous firefighters from OKC headed down to help as well. People giving so much of their time and money to help in recovery. Makes me VERY proud. Amongst the negativity that casts such a cloud over our country, it's really good to see the movement towards helping others in need. God bless these people and keep them all safe.

31-Aug-17

Feedjake's embedded Photo
There are duck hunting and bowfishing rigs everywhere down here. Proud to be an American and a hunter today!

31-Aug-17

There are duck hunting and bowfishing rigs everywhere down here. Proud to be an American and a hunter today!

31-Aug-17
"No help from Antifa helping anyone, but lots of hunters stepping up."

WV...I was insinuating that Antifa was probably helping themselves to others people's stuff. I.E. looting. Maybe a poor attempt at levity.....and sarcasm.

01-Sep-17
Cajun Navy!!!! Started last August, most of my friends and neighbors (and myself) are members, to put it loosely. Nothing formal, no membership, just be willing to help at the drop of a hat! I'm in NWT, but this is indicative of the Cajun People and the main reason I hang my hat, proudly in South Louisiana!!!!

03-Sep-17

Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo
Bigpizzaman's embedded Photo

05-Sep-17

Bigpizzaman's Link
Cajun Navy strikes again! Just back from a search mission for our Sheriff's 7 year old daughter and her babysitter. Both found after sleeping in Alligator/Mosquito infested swamp last night. https://www.facebook.com/katctv3/

• Sitka Gear