Butcher 31-Aug-17
Ermine 31-Aug-17
LINK 31-Aug-17
Brotsky 31-Aug-17
Ermine 31-Aug-17
Brotsky 31-Aug-17
midwest 31-Aug-17
31-Aug-17
I have a Hoyt Pro Defiant. When I first got it and set it up, it shot bullet holes out of the box. Recently, I checked the draw weight and noticed it had lost a few pounds...and decided I needed a new string anyway, so I ordered a winners choice string. Got it on and set up, specs look pretty good...and I just cannot get rid of a right tear. No matter how much I move the rest, or what arrow spine I use, I get the same tear.

I noticed some wear on the riser side of the launcher blade on my hamskea hybrid. It is the only thing that has changed. Has anyone ever seen this?

Thanks! Mike

31-Aug-17
Had same problem recently with zt turbo, for some reason this bow didn't like any prelean and had to twist the crap out of right side. Or at least more than in would have ever thought, after all that finally got it there. Tried every spine from 250-400 with different weight up front. Also just had new strings.

31-Aug-17
You need to adjust the yokes. Leave the rest setup and don't mess with it. And just adjust yokes on the Hoyt to get arrow flight

Need to take twists out of the left yoke and add twists to the right yoke

31-Aug-17
I'm guessing it's a yoke problem too. I doubt it's your rest but I also shoot the felt hamskea sells. The launcher blade on my hybrid was to noisy for my liking and I had read complaints of launcher wear.

31-Aug-17
Get the new metal launcher blade for your Hamskea. This is a well known issue with the Hamskea, wear on the launcher arm. I can't believe they haven't addressed it out of the box at this point.

31-Aug-17
The wear on the launcher arm is a non issue in my opinion. They wear a little at first but then the wear stops.

With that said I shoot the original versa rest and accu launcher.

The right tear is not the rest thou. That's the bow needs to be tuned

31-Aug-17
+1 Ermine, yes, his issue is the bow, not the rest. I was just venting about the need to replace the launcher arm on my daughter's Hamskea after only a few months of shooting.

31-Aug-17
Like said....yoke tune.

• Sitka Gear