Quinn @work 06-Sep-17
RogBow 06-Sep-17
Quinn @work 07-Sep-17
Sandbrew 23-Sep-17
TEmbry 24-Sep-17
Quinn @work 25-Sep-17
Sandbrew 25-Sep-17
05-Sep-17
Looking for help? I know a few bowsiters were hunting sheep in S12. Would love to hear from anyone who may of saw any mountain goats while in S12.

I have an opportunity to get a management tag for that area but need to make a decision within 24 hours.

Would love to talk to anyone who was up there and saw goats. Please PM and I can call you too. Thanks in advance for ANY info on goats in S12!!! Excited, but not really sure what I could be getting myself into. I was going on a week long elk hunt this Sunday. Good problems to have I guess.

05-Sep-17
What's the management tag? Does it use your points?

05-Sep-17
The CPW doesn't want goats in S12 so they are trying to erudite the few that are there. No preference points would be used.

05-Sep-17
I'd say go for it!!

05-Sep-17
Saw a lot of sign on top of Weston pass ! Never saw a goat but Trevor did. He is out of service till the 16 . I say go for it!!!

06-Sep-17
It's a go. Appreciate the PM's and any info helps.

06-Sep-17
How long are they giving you to hunt one?

07-Sep-17
Rogbow sent you a PM.

23-Sep-17
Just curious if anyone else has seen any mt goats in there? I heard a good one was killed on the 17th. Headed up tomorrow to look around with a tag in my pocket. Thanks, Sandbrew

24-Sep-17
This is dated info but the last week of sheep season there was a lone goat on West Buffalo Peak and two goats on the north side of Weston Pass.

Obviously the farther north in the unit (not sure of your boundaries) there are more goats. Wheeler Lake and Hoosier Pass area is another I'd check unless it's not an area you can hunt. Those Quandary Peak goats keep pushing south into the unit.

25-Sep-17
Sandbrew,

I'd give you some info but the I believe the one that was shot on the 17th was the one I gave the info to the guy on. There have been reports of a couple on Buffalo Peaks and they were there when I hunted. Not sure if any of the other tag holders have taken them.

25-Sep-17
Thanks guys- Not much luck this weekend with the weather. Headed up to help a buddy with a sheep tag tomorrow. Sandbrew

• Sitka Gear