Buyse 01-Nov-17
Fuzzy 01-Nov-17
bfisherman11 01-Nov-17
Buyse 05-Nov-17
Grubby 05-Nov-17
Z Barebow 05-Nov-17
Fuzzy 13-Nov-17
06-Sep-17
I need a new card reader. I had the RAV FileHub but I seem to have misplaced it. It worked ok but I don't think I want to go that route again. Mainly because the screen on my iPhone is too small I was looking at the fire tablets, they are cheap but as far as I can tell only have a micro sd slot. What is everyone using now?

06-Sep-17
I use an iPad mini

06-Sep-17
Does the mini accept full size Sd cards or are you using a separate reader? I have an old iPad and it requires a reader...which I have but no longer works.

06-Sep-17
I use a fire tablet with a micro usb multi card reader, just plugs into the tablet.

07-Sep-17
Pat, Are you the Moultrie card reader on an Apple device?

How well does it work on an iPad? iPhone??

07-Sep-17
Pat, Great lead....so I went online, and the reviews raised an eyebrow. Is yours a newer version, and have you been using it for more than a couple months?

Top customer reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Item worked great for about a month and a half then stops ... ByAngelique Bensonon September 5, 2017 Verified Purchase

Item worked great for about a month and a half then stops working! Seller can not return because you're then past the 30 day return policy as well. I sent an email to ask for an exchange but we will see what happens. Response: past 30 day period for return but product has a 1 yr warranty. Going to Moultrie for exchange or refund. Comment|Was this review helpful to you?

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars By Amazon Customer on September 1, 2017 Verified Purchase Good price and simple to use Comment|Was this review helpful to you?

4.0 out of 5 starsGood product! Great seller! BySandi Harperon July 26, 2017 Verified Purchase

It took some research, but I discovered if you download both i-easy drive and i-easy drive plus this card reader works like a charm. Using i-easy drive ceased to work with the latest iOS update in May 2017. Thus, you need to download i-easy drive plus from the APP store as well. It will quickly and effortlessly open those pics on the SD card on your iPhone or iPad. That saves you from having to haul the laptop to the woods. The instructions on the package won't tell you this. You must have both apps installed for it to work with the latest iOS.

Don't buy the older version of the Moultrie card reader. It will work, but you will have to remove your iPhone cover before you can use it. This is the one to get!

The seller was very helpful when I had initial troubles getting this item to work. I'm very pleased with the seller's response to me. Comment| 3 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

1.0 out of 5 stars You're taking a chance of this actually working on a iPhone ByLorri terrellon August 6, 2017 Verified Purchase After getting the right SD card it worked great for about a month. During use, as I was looking a game pics on card, an error came up saying that the device was not supported. Now there is no error but it just not read at all. I deleted app and downloaded again, also downloaded i easy Drive plus as recommended on another review. It still does not recognize the card reader. I would not recommend using this for your only way of reading your game card. As for myself. Our computer is an Apple and Moultrie does support so I'm SOL with the game camera Comment| One person found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?

1.0 out of 5 stars Junk!!! ByQuinn H.on August 9, 2017 Worked good for the first few times I used it then nothing. Would not connect to my phone, wife's phone or my brothers phone. Deleted the app and reinstalled on all 3 phones and still nothing. Second one of these I've owned with the same problem the first time Moultrie actually sent me a new one no questions asked. This time they wanted me to send it in for "testing" not wasting my time but will not purchase anymore of their products. Comment|Was this review helpful to you?

1.0 out of 5 starsI do not recommend this product ByJ Vandevenon August 19, 2017 Absolute junk! It worked for about a month and then just quit working. I do not recommend this product.

07-Sep-17
Thanks jake, I've had poor luck with card readers, seems pretty consistent with the reviews

07-Sep-17
I thought this thread was about psychics!

07-Sep-17
Woods Walker, me too! LOL

07-Sep-17
Pat; send me one of those. Now.

07-Sep-17
Why do you need a card reader? I bring along my little Nikkon camera and read the cards on that. It works great and you can zoom in on the photos, and then use it as a camera of course.

08-Sep-17
I found my rav filehub last night, it was in the wash machine. It must have been in the pocket of my jeans when I ran bear baits and I washed it. Unbelievably it still works!!!!

27-Sep-17
Before finding my FileHub I ordered the Moultrie from amazon that pat mentioned. It was in the drawer, I didn’t need it. Today I pulled some cards and when I fired up the filehub I got a message that their app wasn’t up to date and I couldn’t use it. I opened up the Moultrie, downloaded the app and checked the cards. It worked great. Definitely better than the filehub. I hope it continues to work since I’ve had poor luck with non Apple accessories!

27-Sep-17
I accidentally ran my Moultrie card reader through the washing machine today... Ive enjoyed it a lot for the month I've had it... But, Ill chime in again tomorrow to let you know if it's able to survive full submersion :)

Oops.

27-Sep-17
My pocket size Nikon camera. It is dual purposed- it take photos and it looks at trail camera SD cards. Never knows the difference.

27-Sep-17
Ipad, swap cards so I can get in and out in a hurry. I don't carry a camera, maybe I should.

27-Sep-17
IPad here as well...

27-Sep-17
I've been just swapping cards and moving on. Cards are cheap these days. In and out in far less time.

27-Sep-17
Boneview has worked great for me!

28-Sep-17
Awesome - my Moultrie card reader survived the washing machine... So they are "water resistant" ha ha ha!

28-Sep-17
DO NOT purchase the Moultrie card reader. Mine lasted two card pulls!

TOTAL JUNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

29-Oct-17
So the Moultrie was working good... until yesterday. Pretty short life. Back to the drawing board

29-Oct-17
I use the I-flash device with my I phone 5c. It let's you look at sd cards on the phone. Woks great about $20

29-Oct-17
Grubby, to answer you question about the SD Card Camera Reader for the iPad Mini, the one I have is designed for use with all Apple devices that use the newer Lightning connector (first seen on the iPhone 5, 4th generation iPad and all iPad minis). It works great to quickly download the photos from the SD card to the iPad mini, then it asks if I want to delete the photos from the card or keep them. I then put the card back in the trail cam. I haven't found a way to use it to just view the photos from the card until they are downloaded, but otherwise it works well. I've tried to add a photo of it, but I keep getting a Cold Fusion error message from Bowsite.

29-Oct-17
I've had good luck with the little $14 reader made by Stealth. My wife bought a great LG tablet at the AT&T store for $1 when they were moving to the new model. The Stealth reader plugs into it. I use it for viewing trail cam photos on a bigger screen, plow through a ton of thumbnails, store all my topo maps and satellite photos with GPS, annoy people on the Bowsite, and watch hunting videos in camp if I have service. It fits in a pants cargo pocket.

Bigger than a phone or camera screen, smaller than a laptop. Great little tool.

30-Oct-17
Apple doesn't play well with cheap things. I finally bit the bullet and spent $30CDN on the Apple SD card reader, and it works wonderfully. With all the $ we spend I figured what the heck. Glad I did. I usually like to carry spare SD cards and swap them out but now if I happen to be by a camera I can check it on the fly. I keep an old iPhone on me for pics only.

31-Oct-17
This round I bought the apple of amazon....hopefully it works. I have had horrible luck with non-Apple chargers so I’m not surprised the Moultrie was short lived.

01-Nov-17
I like the older Moultrie card reader, the one that has two card slots. I really only use it to download cards from each camera. Then I only have one card to use in my PC for the day. Each card you download creates its own folder. I also use one of the SD cards with the micro SD, that way I can insert it in my phone or tablet to view the photos. Downloading can take a little while, which is why I carry on or two extra cards. I'll swap a card in a camera, then download and delete while I'm going? to my next class camera. The reader does let you view and delete photos and has a nice zoom feature, if you don't happen to have another device with you. You can still find these readers online, but I think they're on the last run from a few years ago. The description will likely? saw they only accept 16gb cards, but they were updated and packaging from 2014 says they accept 32gb. My 1st Gen one did accept 32gb as the parent card too though. But 16gb is plenty and a 32gb card in the parent card spot causes the home screen to take several seconds to load after being powered on.

01-Nov-17
I bought a card reader like the Moultrie called Whitetailer. I got mine off Amazon for like $10 but looks like Walmart also has them online sales.

Mine works great. I used it to copy video to a folder you can create on your phone. Then I download what I want I have not tried deleting off the card with the phone but I suppose you can. It was so cheap I had to try it. Most all of us carry a phone to our stand so it is good for checking while you sit. Only issue I have is in playing with the phone and not watching for deer. Ha

Bill

01-Nov-17
Looks like Jet has them as well.

https://jet.com/product/detail/5bd485edfbed4d2c87d122850aee7f24?jcmp=pla:bng:nj_dur_gen_sporting_goods_a3:sporting_goods_hunting_game_trail_cameras_a3:na:PLA_333053305_1210562424804051_kwd-4579259771992324:aud-805673607_c:na:na:na:2PLA15&pid=kenshoo_int&c=333053305&is_retargeting=true&clickid=9a09c592-b3b4-4e0c-b1ac-c4bd13063644

01-Nov-17
Can you guys recommend a good app to use when using the card reader? I have a card reader but finding an good app to use with my samsung seems to be the problem. Thanks.

01-Nov-17
I have no idea what you just said. lol

01-Nov-17
Buyse, I got the MX player to play the videos but you also need to go to settings (Developer Options) to set your Droid up to read basically USB input (USB Debugging -ON). This kind of turns your smart phone into a computer. You can make folders and save files into them off the SD card.

Works great.

Bill

05-Nov-17
Bill. You are the man. Iv'e been struggling with reading an SD card on my phone forever. You just made my day! :)

05-Nov-17
So far the apple reader works great. The only problem is it saves the pics into the camera roll, I’d like if it saved to a separate file. It would make them easier to delete. Maybe there’s a way to do that??

05-Nov-17
I bought a reader for lightning jack. (iPad/iPhone) buck something or other. So far so good. I tried the apple reader but I had to save them before I could view them. Took it back.

13-Nov-17
I see what my issue is now. I have a vague idea what an android phone is, and I was on EBay a couple times years ago.

• Sitka Gear