Nick Muche 10-Sep-17
EmbryOklahoma 10-Sep-17
ruthunter 12-Sep-17
Outdoordan 12-Sep-17
Beav 12-Sep-17
07-Sep-17

Outdoordan's embedded Photo
While certainly not as big as Marvin's monster buck, I did have a little luck myself on the strip. It was quite an uncertain journey, as I had planned on going with a buddy, in his truck, pulling his razor. He canceled a week and a half before my hunt started. So, put new radiator, shocks, a/c pump, satellite radio, and tires on my old truck, and headed down. Hunted a couple days with a guide (that I hired last minute), but ended up hunting 8 days solo and killing my buck in a different area. I saw bigger, but couldn't resist a 33 yard shot, with camera rolling, on this 32" wide buck (those wide ones get me, lol). Glad to have gone, equally glad to leave as it is not an easy place to spend 12 days.

07-Sep-17

Another shot

07-Sep-17

Another shot

07-Sep-17
Cool buck, congrats. Looks like he could be an old one.

07-Sep-17
Excellent Congrats

07-Sep-17
Yeah, he had a big body, big head, and easily outsized some of the other very nice bucks he was with. Teeth were well worn.

07-Sep-17
Very nice Dan!! Hunt

07-Sep-17
Great buck!

07-Sep-17
Awesome Dan, still loving the Zen ray binoculars I got from you. Forrest

07-Sep-17
Great symmetry and mass. Good for you! Enjoy! C

07-Sep-17
Congrats on a great buck!

07-Sep-17
Ha, I miss the kind words of many of my friends on here. Thanks. A long hiatus, and I hope to come on more often. It looks like I am not the only one to be out there chasing the beast with bow in hand, lots of good looking animals here. Congrats to all.

08-Sep-17
Hey, Dan, great buck and congrats! Good to see you on here again!

08-Sep-17
WTG Dan! Awesome buck!

08-Sep-17
Great buck congrats

08-Sep-17
Congratulations on a great buck.

08-Sep-17
Very Nice!

08-Sep-17
Nice buck! Way to get it done Dan. Congrats!!

08-Sep-17
Great buck Dan way to get it done. How many points did you have to draw the tag?

08-Sep-17
Congratulations Da. Ed F

08-Sep-17
Wow! Thats a Toad! I like em wide too! Mike

08-Sep-17
Congratulations... good buck!

08-Sep-17
Beautiful buck Dan! Congrats!

08-Sep-17
Congrats! Mighty nice. Beauty.

08-Sep-17
Congrats on a great buck!

08-Sep-17
Congrats ! A beauty!

08-Sep-17
Awesome, heavy buck!! Congratulations!

08-Sep-17
Congrats on a beauty! Who doesn't like that amazing width?! Good mass too. I'm curious what you mean by not an easy place to spend 12 days?

08-Sep-17
APauls - It's hot, dusty, no cell service except to drive to one location, which is spotty, fly's are horrible, I think I counted 35 on my socks and legs (I put a stalk on a group of bucks with my recurve and stood, 25 yards from them for over an hour, my socks were probably pretty ripe, lol). So, you hunt the morning, go back, get about an hour before the tent hits 90 degrees, wake up feeling like one of the walkers in the walking dead, eat some lunch, fly's and all, and go out that afternoon. Only to do it all again. Town is 40+ dirt miles away. It would DEFINITELY be better to commiserate with a buddy, solo was tough. As I told my friend, quality of animals 10, quantity 6, quality of experience 3, so it averages just about a 6 (in my book).

08-Sep-17
Congrats to you! What an adventure!

08-Sep-17
Great buck!! How many years did the tag take you?

08-Sep-17
I had 16 points, so 14 years (they give you 1 loyalty extra point and I took the hunter ed class giving me 1 extra point).

08-Sep-17
Awesome job, congrats!

08-Sep-17
Great buck!!! You mentioned something about a camera rolling, are we going to be able to see a video of the hunt?

08-Sep-17

Outdoordan's Link
Yes, but now I am playing catch up on work! But, will get it done as soon as I can. Pretty good footage. Here is a teaser of it. Self filmed.

08-Sep-17
great buck, congrats

08-Sep-17
Way to go Dan! Saw this buck on Facebook and was hoping to hear more here. That Strip country is pretty unforgiving. Congratulations on a tremendous buck!

08-Sep-17
Man, what a toad! Great buck and congratulation!!!!

08-Sep-17
Great job!

08-Sep-17
Congratulations Dan, heck of a wide buck! I loved your description (ratings) of the aspects of the hunt. I was more like 80 miles from the nearest town/paved road (one-way), and I would rate the quantity of animals lower than a 6 in the area I was in, but I would do it again! Marvin

08-Sep-17
Great deer!

08-Sep-17
Marvin, there are two main areas, and I was really hoping to get down to your area (south). Yes, quantity is low, but good in core areas, so, I may be a little off. Yes, now that I have spent the last 5 days on the couch, lol, I am ready for round two! Although that won't happen. Thanks, and I have spoken of your buck and the tremendous achievement of getting that warrior before the others had. Thanks again to all that commented.

08-Sep-17
Congrats ! That is a really nice buck. If he just had a little width....

10-Sep-17
Well done and welcome back!

10-Sep-17
Very nice, it ain't easy up there. Looks like a BLack Rock buck, congratulations!

10-Sep-17
Nice buck Dan ! looks like you and Marvin took pictures in front of the same brush. Ha

10-Sep-17
Congrats my friend!

10-Sep-17
That's a beauty! Congratulations.

12-Sep-17
Congrats on a successful hunt! Was your shot around 45yds? I would also agree with you about the strip. It's the most mentally challenged hunt I have done when I drew.

12-Sep-17
Thanks again for the nice words guys. Yes, black rock area.

rut - 33 yards approximately. From blind. The kaibab hunt is a much nicer hunt, higher altitude, easy to see the grand canyon if you want to, prettier. With some pre-scouting, or paying a guide/scout you can find some big bucks as well. I think in the next 10 years the Kaibab hunt will really start coming alive.

12-Sep-17
Congrats on a beauty of a buck!!

• Sitka Gear